UnderGround Forums

JKD UnderGround >> Weekend of Training With Guro/Sifu Dan Inosanto

9/21/09 8:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Scott Elliott
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just had a great weekend of training with Sifu Dan again this weekend in Waterloo, Indiana. I recently got to spend some time with him at the TBA Thai Camp in Oregon this past July, but it was nice to get even more personal time with him in his own environment this weekend.

At 73, he still moves like a man of much, much younger years. As a matter of fact, he moved a LOT better than some of his 40 year old counter parts that were in attendance. Even while recuperating from being sick the past week.

The seminar covered basic Jun Fan, Silat, Panantukan and a butt load of Krabi Krabong with double sword, single sword, sword and mai sawk, double mai sawk, and staff. We also worked drilling all of these weapon combinations against each other such as double sword vs sword and mai sawk, double mai sawk vs staff, etc.

We also spent some decent time working greco pummeling and neck pummeling with a blend of wrestling and silat takedowns. Very good stuff.

I still have that feeling of "awe" whenever I have the opportunity to train with a living legend of the martial arts that I have admired since my childhood. He always recharges my love of martial arts in general simply for the love of martial arts and training. He always re-inspires me to explore new areas, have an open "white belt" mindset, learn more about the healing arts and to be a better teacher and martial arts researcher.

I look forward to seeing him again next weekend in Atlanta as well as Ajarn Chai.
9/21/09 10:54 AM
Edge08
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT!
9/21/09 1:19 PM
shoe

sounds great..., Guro Dan is amazing, isn't he?
9/21/09 3:08 PM
Boyscout
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We also spent some decent time working greco pummeling and neck pummeling with a blend of wrestling and silat takedowns. Very good stuff.

I have spent the last few years working this and it works rather well.

Great to hear Guro Dan is in good health and form.

Richard
9/21/09 10:12 PM
Calbert

Nice to hear you had a great time Scott and that Guro Dan is still doing well. I may see you this weekend at the Atlanta seminar if I can get some money together. I'm a little broke these days, lol.
9/22/09 2:29 AM
OneScoup

Great speaker and an interesting guy. Somebody ought to sit down with him and a camera and just do interviews and listen to him talk.
9/22/09 7:55 AM
steve grantham

Cool post Scott! I will see you on Saturday bro!

sg
9/22/09 11:01 AM
WidespreadPanic

Good deal. If he showed you the Krabi Krabong footwork, you've really got something.

10/12/09 6:01 PM
Luigipe

ttt
10/13/09 10:24 PM
4 Ranges

ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.