UnderGround Forums

BookGround >> Just read "The Lost Symbol"

9/23/09 10:55 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NeckCranks
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just finished Dan Brown's new one. It took me a few days. I really enjoyed it. Very similar to Da Vinci Code and Angels of Demons in the fact that he has short chapters that usually alternate between Langdon and the villain. It's very suspenseful and the entire plot takes place in about 8 hours.

I love the way he keeps you interested in the plot while also teaching you a ton of interesting things about in this case Freemasons and symbols and stuff.

Definitely a cool read.
9/29/09 8:48 AM
thebasher
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sorry but thought it was one of the worst books I have ever read. My wife bought it as a present for me
12/15/09 10:44 AM
bhale3

I liked it.

A bit predictable, but entertaining!

i don't understand the Dan Brown hate, he's clearly not trying to write anything to be a literary masterpiece. He's writing books that are fun to read.
12/17/09 10:23 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I read it in a day and a bit. I think he draws alot of hate because Brown fans like to attribute the moniker of Great Literature to his work. His work is no better or worse than Koontz, Patterson, Grisham and many other popular pulp writers today. Very enjoyable fare, but very much throwaway reading.  I really enjoyed reading, and immediately put it out of my mind when I was finished.

12/18/09 3:44 PM
RLL
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bhale3 -

A bit predictable, but entertaining!

this
12/22/09 3:40 PM
Fightin_Chance
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Waylay -  I read it in a day and a bit. I think he draws alot of hate because Brown fans like to attribute the moniker of Great Literature to his work. His work is no better or worse than Koontz, Patterson, Grisham and many other popular pulp writers today. Very enjoyable fare, but very much throwaway reading.  I really enjoyed reading, and immediately put it out of my mind when I was finished.

yeah, as long as you don't try to actually learn anything from it and see it as pure entertainment they are harmless and pretty fun
6/8/10 8:52 AM
Crazy Zimmerman
278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I liked all his books, and don't mind formula books.  I thought the Lost Symbol was decent, but not on par with Angels and Da Vinci.
7/1/10 10:46 AM
Tahiti Bo
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just finished it... thought it was OK... kind of interesting... pretty predictable... the ending was very unsatisfying though.
7/1/10 12:28 PM
Crazy Zimmerman
278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wanted to re-read this, but I can't find it.
8/10/10 2:36 PM
GaydarBlane

Worst of the Langdon series, but it is still a fun read.
8/10/10 2:39 PM
Crazy Zimmerman

Digital Fortress was good too.
1/7/12 12:32 AM
jaseprobst
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/07/12 12:31 AM
ttt
1/18/12 12:46 AM
Beezulbubba
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I felt that in the other two Langdon was a different character then Tom Hanks. Now I feel that Langdon was written with hanks in mind, and also that the Architect was written with Morgan freeman in mind.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.