UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Low Thyroid, possible Low HGG/Cortisol and MMA

9/24/09 7:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DanTheWolfman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/24/09 7:37 PM

Hello Guys,

As some may know I've been feeling a bit out of it the last 4 months off and on. 1st thought was Staph, then told infection, then WBC came back normal, then thought low blood sugar (on the low side 1st three hours in morning but in normal range). Mono test negative, STD's negative. Symptoms have been very bad fatigue at times-sometimes two days at a time-and twice for two week long spats, lower stomach pain, Very big Sensitivity to heat, light, and sometimes sound, weight gain of 18 lbs, Neck pain/Dizzyness when overheated, and less Aggression than normal on the mat and other places.

Very unnerving stuff, when inbetween this I've had bouts of very good/hard training like a 3 week long span of 2-3 hour training/5 days per week at Legacy MMA and MTA, and the past 3 days training good and hard with the likes of Manny G and Aaron Brink. Then today feel like shit, sensitive to light and heat, and migraine.

Today I finally paid out of pocket to see Endocrynoligyst. Previous Dr. office said my thryroid was normal. I took him the results and he says it does seem like half my problem is Endocryn System and other half is Migrains.
9/24/09 7:27 PM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 09/24/09 7:57 PM
He said my Thyroid is getting low, think it is 3.86 and he says he likes to see between 1-2. Put me on two weeks of low dose Sythroid .075 until I see him in two weeks. Low Thyroid can cause heat sensitivity, today was very bright and hot and was giving me problems. I only feel good when in dark room with air conditioning on. Thinks I suffer from Migrains so I went and bought Exedrine and some shades.

Anyone on Sythroid? Do you up the dose over time? Will this made me dependent on it the rest of my life as my own production will shut down? and if so after how long using it? Since medically neccessary is it LEGAL if I were to ever compete Pro again?

He is testing me for all kinds of stuff. Personally apon research I think my Cortisol levels are going to come back off as I am just useless first three hours of the day and have much more energy at night. I also think my HGH is off, or more specifically that my IGF-1 test is going to come back a bit low, or atleast low for what My usually hairy burly muscular ass is used to. He said Concussions definately can impede the patuatary gland, and has one actress with similar symptoms caused by patuatary problems do to bicycle accidents/Concussions.

Any1 have low HGG/Patuatary problems due to Concussions? I might need some HGH (will know it two weeks), and that is still legal for MMA especially if medically neccessary is it not? I've known guys on it for sporting advantage reasons but I might really need it. I also think that neck damage (pinching/spurs etc.) like grapplers have might pinch the nerve from the patuatary causing these problems but I have to talk to him about it.
9/24/09 7:32 PM
DanTheWolfman

Anyone suffer from Migrains? What can you do? Do you take medication? Or will some daily use of either Exedrine or some coffee, and wearing sun glasses (which I've never done) help it for the most part?

Both my parents have suffered from migrains in past, and two aunts and grandma have had low thryoid and grandma's been on the same .075 Sythroid for 50sum years!

If you have had any of the above problems-ie low Thyroid, Cortisol, Patuatary/HGH/IGF-1 problems, Test, or Migrain problems please share info, what you did, and how to deal with or make better? Thank you very much,
Wolf Out!
9/24/09 7:32 PM
DanTheWolfman

If I've mispelled stuff don't flame me K
9/24/09 7:51 PM
DanTheWolfman

My medical history is Border line Low Blood Sugar, IBS, and Acid Reflux been under control since 17. Been this muscular and hairy since 13, 13 was already having Athritis in knees(Athritsi runs in family-and is now bad in my hands and feet) because my muscles grew way faster than my bones. Also, Seem to be a very athletic, naturally fast, strong guy w. a gut, that has good cardio. I usually work out very hard 4 days per week for about 5 weeks, and then get "Sick" w. what I thought was generic Sinus/Viral infections due to allergies/broken nose for 7-10 days then repeat cycle. Been doing Martial Arts since 9, and Serious MMA/Grappling since Jan 97' . Besides Migraines, and some Athritis, no major problems in my family. All under 85 family is alive and 92 grandma. My 59 yr old Big business father w. a Gut does a 150 mile MS bycycle charity thing each year and only trains for like two weeks leading up to it.
9/24/09 7:55 PM
DanTheWolfman

P.S. 32 1/2 and have aged quickly, so maybe thyroid and HGH and even Test just dropping off a bit faster then normal?
9/25/09 6:47 PM
DanTheWolfman

ttt no advise or stories?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.