UnderGround Forums

JKD UnderGround >> competition footage you'd love to see

9/24/09 11:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lord Kancho
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

-dumog
-panantukan
-wing chun

I'd love to see this stuff in real action.
9/25/09 4:47 AM
BEEF & CHEESE
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck with that...
9/25/09 6:19 AM
Lord Kancho
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's kind of the point of a fantasy thread.
9/26/09 8:48 PM
nowaydo
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You see "dumog" all of the time, you just don't know it. And neither do the people using it, for they just think of it as an aspect of their wrestling style.
10/6/09 6:04 AM
Sicilian

I posted some videos in my facebook account. Hada thread on this last year . . .
10/7/09 4:18 PM
Lord Kancho

is it possible to give those videos a wide release?
10/7/09 7:34 PM
WidespreadPanic

WC doesn't have competition footage, except some bad kickboxing that some of Gutierrez's wing chun guys do, with gloves and headgear.

Panantukan is just knees and elbows and low line kicks, headbutts and groin strikes - filipino style. You can't really use those in competition.

Dumog is using the body's choke points - a type of wrestling, manipulating the joints, shoving and off balancing. Those that aren't familiar with BJJ who train this are not doing alive training, just various three step drills.

So, you're not missing anything, imo.

10/7/09 10:39 PM
Lord Kancho

I'd like to see them, just to satisfy my curiosity. I'm kind of tired of the homogenous kickboxing hybrid and grappling hybrid that's become the norm.

I think that's the reason I like Machida. His style has significant differences from the MMA masses.
10/8/09 3:38 PM
WidespreadPanic

What I'm say is that it doesn't exist. The only kind of 'play' you're going to find is, at most, lead and feed, where it's simulated sparring and one guy 'gives' the other guy handles, as in aikido. Otherwise, it just looks like vague kickboxing or bad wrestling.

You might see Guro Dan simulating Dumog against unresisting opponents on one of his JKD/Eskrima/Kali DVDs.

10/19/09 11:05 PM
nowaydo
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Want to see real dumog against resisting opponents? Study greco!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.