UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> 10 lb Pork shoulder + Smoker= happy me

9/26/09 12:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
screwtop wine
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Picked up a 10 lb hunk of pork shoulder at the butchers yesterday, gonna dry rub and smoke over maple. Piss my neighbours off, too bad!
9/26/09 5:27 PM
Pito Chueco
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heck Yeah!

Shred that stuff, throw on a toasted bun with some slaw and balsamic for a little slice o' heaven.

(nice screen name too)
9/27/09 9:49 AM
Fracture
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sounds good, how long u gonna cook?
9/27/09 10:37 AM
Mark1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I suggest a vinegar based NC sauce.

Mark
9/27/09 12:23 PM
screwtop wine
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fracture - sounds good, how long u gonna cook?

I'm figuring at least 12 hours, see how the temperatures go. Put it in this morning at 7AM, figure I'll put in a chicken for dinner tonight. I want to get to 200 degrees internal before I take it off the WSM. First time cooking this large a hunk of pork, so we will see how long it takes. It's ready when it's ready.
9/27/09 8:45 PM
screwtop wine

Took the pork shoulder off the WSM after 12 hours, temps were starting to drop, figured 12 hours cook time on a full ring of charcoal was about as far as I could go, quickly finished the shoulder off in the oven, wrapped it in foil and let it sit a while. Just finished pulling the meat, incredible how easy it is. Made a tomato/vinegar/brown sugar/rub sauce, pretty tasty, need to work my kids into trying a vinegar and pepper flakes sauce.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.