UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousimar “Toquinho” Palhares with New adversary

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/27/09 10:19 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
itgcrew
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rousimar Palhares, the “Toquinho”, has a new adversary.
Alleging problems with documentation, Alessio Sakara was substituted by Lucio Linhares (following a source close to the athlete). Lucio is a Jiu-Jitsu black belt of the Alliance Team and has made his mark in M-1, where he conquested a sequence of five consecutive victories.

Rousimar Palhares is completely recovered from his surgery and is training hard at Brazilian Top Team in Lagoa, Rio de Janeiro - Brazil.

This is one more great confrontation in the UFC between Brazilians.

SOURCE: Intheguard.tv - http://www.intheguard.tv/portal/?channel=2§ion=1&action=1&id=855&lang=en
9/27/09 10:26 AM
Sublime7SD
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess I missed it, what surgery did Paul Harris have?
9/27/09 10:38 AM
itgcrew
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He broke his ankle
9/27/09 10:40 AM
Sublime7SD
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/27/09 10:45 AM
Ah. Glad he's recovered, and it'll be great to see him in a fight against a fellow black belt. I love seeing Toquinho work on the ground, his fight with Henderson, for example, was frustrating for me to watch.

Thanks for the update, mang.
9/27/09 10:42 AM
taylork3
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A real dark horse in that division, I see this guy going far
9/27/09 10:48 AM
caposa
1953 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/27/09 10:49 AM
 Linhares has looked great in M-1, this will be a good fight

nice pick up by UFC

9/27/09 10:54 AM
NorthFromHere
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tough fight for both guys. Linhares is a legit BJJ BB with constantly improving striking. Couple fights ago he rocked Sean Salmon badly before choking him out. Linhares is much taller than Toquinho and has better boxing.
9/27/09 10:56 AM
Sublime7SD

Linhares is much taller than Toquinho and has better boxing.

I honestly haven't seen any of Linhares' fights, so how is his takedown defense and is he stronger from top or guard?
9/27/09 11:12 AM
NorthFromHere
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He trains with good finnish wrestlers so his wrestling is pretty good. I'd say on the ground his best weapon is GnP which he uses to set up a choke or armbar.
9/27/09 11:15 AM
Sublime7SD

Great, thanks for the info, North. I'm looking forward to this fight now, it sounds like their styles will clash in a very entertaining way!
9/27/09 11:34 AM
Mad Xyientist
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whoa, body blow by Zuffa signing Linhares.

Linhares vs. Toquinho is a high quality groundfight right there.
9/27/09 12:04 PM
JiuJitsuBeans
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paul Harris vs Lenny Harris! wow, brothers going at it!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.