UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> does G-D have a wife?

9/30/09 5:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
770mdm
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WE ATTACH OURSELVES to eternal life only through the Torah. The eternal life Hashem breathed into Adam HaRishon was the capacity to receive Torah. All of Creation was contigent on the Jewish People doing so. Thus we recite the blessing, "Who has given us the Torah of Truth and planted within us eternal life," over the reading of the Torah.

Moshe Rabbeinu received the Second Tablets – the Torah that we possess today – on Yom Kippur. The Mishnah (Ta'anis 26b) interprets the "wedding day" of the King referred to in Shir Hashirim (3:11), as the Giving of Torah to the Jewish people. And Rashi clarifies that the Giving of Torah in question is that of Second Tablets on Yom Kippur.

9/30/09 7:04 PM
Robert Wynne
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well thats one way of avoiding answering the question..lol
10/1/09 1:47 AM
truthisalive
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/01/09 1:47 AM
We attach ourselves to Jesus Christ the Eternal King of life and attain eternal life from him by grace through faith. The eternal life Jesus breathed in us was the capacity to hear his word and believe. All of creation was contingent on Jesus doing so. Thus we recite the blessing, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit" over every lost soul.
10/2/09 8:46 AM
770mdm
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You know, I just watched the video and cannot believe how ignorant the people on this program are.  You don't think the Isrealites weren't struggling with polytheistic notions since Egypt?  They were and it's chronicled.  The idea there was a wife of Gd was more then likely some wacko part of some offshoot cult.

Even so late as Josiah who reformed Israel by abolishing all Idol worship.  This announcer needs to read more Jewish history before making stupid claims.  It's rhetoric like this, ignoring the fact Torah & Tenach & Talmud all chronicle idolitry and explicitly state Jewish struggle with it, for this guy to come on and just say the Israelites weren't monotheistic?  He's a dope.  Because.  He is uneducated and he's stating preconcieved notions that to a SEMI educated religious person would say this guy's spewing lies and gossip to incite publicity for his program.  It's all about funding for his ridiculous show & money. 

Post-Talmudic Period: In the century between the return from the Exile and the termination of the Babylonian Talmud, the Jews were thoroughly weaned from all belief in idols, although superstition itself can never be wholly eradicated. Through mysticism and magic many polytheistic ideas and customs again found their way among the people, and the Talmud confirms the fact that idolatrous worship is seductive (Sanh. 102b). The fight for a pure belief in one God and worship of Him was waged by the religious philosophers, while the authorities on rabbinical law strove for purity of worship. Philosophy and law were united by Maimonides, who in his philosophical "Moreh Nebukim" and in his legal "Yad ha-?aza?ah" devoted separate sections to idolatry and thoroughly exposed its teachings. The Shul?an 'Aruk, Yoreh De'ah, also has a separate section on idolatry.

Read more: http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/view.jsp?artid=287&letter=W#ixzz0SmV7wtRT

Josiah (640-609) and Religious Reforms
Josiah was remembered in the biblical traditions as one of the best kings of Judah. His reforms were seen as the last genuine attempt by leaders to set the nation back on course as God’s people before its destruction at the hands of Babylon. Perhaps it was his untimely death that captured the imagination of the people as much as the reforms themselves. There is some indication that the reforms may have been only superficial, and even Jeremiah, while no doubt supporting what Josiah attempted to accomplish, seems not to have been too enthusiastic about the reforms. Still, Josiah is credited with being one of only five good kings of the Southern Kingdom of Judah during its 350-year history.

Guided by the principles in the torah traditions, Josiah systematically destroyed the pagan shrines, temples, and objects used in the rituals, especially those that had marked subservience to Assyria. He eliminated the practices instituted by Manasseh, and deposed, possibly executed, the priests of Ba’al and other deities (2 Kings 23:5). He abolished the outlying shrines at Bethel and Samaria that had always been a source of syncretism with Baal Worship and actively promoted centralized worship in Jerusalem. He outlawed magic and sorcery. In effect, Josiah had charted a new course for the nation by the old principles of the covenant.

10/2/09 3:36 PM
the rooster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great comments 770. Love the stories, the attachment to God, the comments on Bebe who I believe is a modern Hezekiah.

And yes, the Jews are a paramountly identified for being monotheistic. Strictly monotheistic...which I agree with.

Robert: Rooster: according to you i am a devil worshipper..so lets just not go there..ok.

me: but despite that, I find myself liking you Robert...like broccoli sort of :-)
10/2/09 10:50 PM
Robert Wynne
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rotfl..

ok....i see Father different than all of you...

.770...your a very well read man....but give me your view from the man point of view....for we know we are made in his image.....would there be any reason He couldn't have a wife if he wanted one?

isn't it possible..that our ancestors..might have flowered up their accounts a bit.....and the possible truth be that....as it is written....Christ said...that before the foundation of the world was..he was....with Father(GOD)...
and that we are meant to be the brethren of the Elect One of GOD?

and the bride story..be one that sort of grew its own wings as time passed?

I see Father as an individual....who actually has a life....I don't yet have a good grasp of understanding what their meaning, with the statue is?...but if that is My Fathers  my creators wife...i give him kudos for picking a woman with nice breasts. as the statue definetly emphasises  that feature.

I look forward to watching the full documentary.
10/3/09 3:13 AM
Juijitsuboxer
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Robert Wynne -  rotfl..

ok....i see Father different than all of you...

.770...your a very well read man....but give me your view from the man point of view....for we know we are made in his image.....would there be any reason He couldn't have a wife if he wanted one?

isn't it possible..that our ancestors..might have flowered up their accounts a bit.....and the possible truth be that....as it is written....Christ said...that before the foundation of the world was..he was....with Father(GOD)...
and that we are meant to be the brethren of the Elect One of GOD?

and the bride story..be one that sort of grew its own wings as time passed?

I see Father as an individual....who actually has a life....I don't yet have a good grasp of understanding what their meaning, with the statue is?...but if that is My Fathers  my creators wife...i give him kudos for picking a woman with nice breasts. as the statue definetly emphasises  that feature.

I look forward to watching the full documentary.

We can make all sorts of What if claims because we can always say we were not physically there to see it with our own eyes, but we have so many Jewish documents going back to antiquity that state the Jews were monotheistic.

I mean, how many Jewish written documents and archeological finds do we need to know they were monotheistic as always stated?

We know for a fact that the Jews had issues with Idolatry their whole history, we know that these idols and other objects held a value in those days as well which could point out reasons for keeping them even if they were not secretly worshiping idols away from others in their community.

Was every Jew monotheistic? Obviously not, because of all the Idols we have found and all the written historical documents that tell us of the Jewish people's issues with going back to Idolatry. But the Jewish religion, the core of the Biblical accounts, is a monotheistic religion.
10/3/09 8:45 AM
Robert Wynne

these Jews you speak of also was melting gold and worshipping calves..while Moses was up on the mount with God...strictly monothesiast..no...that is not true.
10/3/09 10:29 PM
the rooster

The Jewish religion is strictly monotheistic. Whether or not the people were influenced by the surrounding peoples idolotry is a different issue.

The Mormons believe God had a wife. I think there is some similarities between mormonism and some of the various secret societies.
10/5/09 9:59 AM
770mdm

Here's another way of answering the question, physicallity itself, or more specific, Mother Earth who sustains us humans is considered to be the Female aspect to G-d.  Because Earth sustains us we can consider Earth our Mother for that reason therefore depicting earth or phisicality G-ds wife.  That's as far as I'd go with it. 

Physicality is female because it's infused with spirituality which is the male aspect.  G-d, the etheiral notion of our spiritual senses infuses phisicality.  There is no such thing as a physical thing without it being infused with spirituality, it all comes from G-d.  IT's not pantheism but Panentheism Everything Is G-d.

Now how easy would it be for someone to get confused?  Timothy Mcvei is a terrorist but he's still an American yes?  But the fact he acted unAmerican doesn't Not make him an American does it?  Same idea.
10/5/09 11:12 PM
the rooster

Isa 50:1 ¶ Thus saith the LORD, Where [is] the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors [is it] to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away.
10/6/09 11:40 AM
toelocku

lol @ God having a literal physical wife with big hooters...lol

Eph 5:20  Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Eph 5:21  Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
Eph 5:22  Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
Eph 5:23  For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Eph 5:24  Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Eph 5:25  Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26  That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27  That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28  So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Eph 5:29  For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
Eph 5:30  For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Eph 5:31  For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

Eph 5:32  This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

11/26/09 2:50 AM
PembrokePinesVillain

we are his bride no?
11/26/09 4:26 PM
Grakman

Robert, are you Mormon? Just curious; they believe that God the Father also has a physical body, and has a literal wife, just like we do.
11/27/09 8:05 AM
Robert Wynne

no,im not mormon..........................American Baptist
11/27/09 11:08 AM
Grakman

Robert Wynne -  no,im not mormon..........................American Baptist

Oh ok. Do you believe God has a wife, or are you being sarcastic?
11/28/09 7:51 AM
Robert Wynne

i dont know..God has never told me.  I'm pondering the possibility of whether or not he does.
11/28/09 11:36 PM
the rooster

The bible speaks of God/Jesus having a bride. But it's metaphorical language. God's people represent to Him His beolved and collectively the one He chooses to unite Himself to for eternity.
12/1/09 1:48 AM
PembrokePinesVillain

the rooster - The bible speaks of God/Jesus having a bride. But it's metaphorical language. God's people represent to Him His beolved and collectively the one He chooses to unite Himself to for eternity.

yes, we are his bride...
12/2/09 8:36 AM
Robert Wynne

so..as i've asked before...what would be the reason why he could not have a real actual wife?
12/2/09 8:57 AM
Grakman

^ What do you mean by 'wife?'  Lots of subquestions here:

Is God a trinity? If so is the wife a part of the trinity (the Holy Spirit?) or is she separate from them?
If she is separate, is she the wife of all three or just the wife of God the Father?
If God is in us and in everything (in Whom we live and move and have our being), is she in us too? Or is she separate from God but also contained in him, and God in her?
Is God spirit, i.e. nonlocal? If so, is she nonlocal?
Is the wife also eternal? Is she co-equal with God, or did God create her?

Then of course you may be asking if JESUS CHRIST, the second person of the trinity had a wife.  I don't see a reason why he couldn't have, other than the fact that if he had children, we'd have to ask the question, if he had children, are they then the grandchildren of God? The great-grandchildren of God? What does this mean for us living today? And so on. You'd have the whole Dan Brown Da Vinci Code thing going on then.

You could just be a Mormon if you really think God has a wife. In Mormon theology God the Father has a physical body of flesh and bone, and has a wife too, from whom they begat all the spirit children that have come to this planet to obtain bodies in order to be like him (I'm still not sure why if God the Father and his wife have glorified physical bodies why it is that she gave birth to spirit bodies without flesh instead of just glorified spiritual bodies.... )
12/3/09 4:10 PM
770mdm

Funny, the Jewish people call themselves G-ds bride.  Christians call Jesus G-ds Son, whom of which is born out of the Jewish people who are married to G-d.   Ooh the family tree-

12/3/09 4:19 PM
the rooster

grak: Is God a trinity?

me: no. The bible never says God is a trinity, tri unity, triune being but emphatically states He is One.

grak: If so is the wife a part of the trinity (the Holy Spirit?) or is she separate from them?
If she is separate, is she the wife of all three or just the wife of God the Father?
If God is in us and in everything (in Whom we live and move and have our being), is she in us too? Or is she separate from God but also contained in him, and God in her?

me: the bride of Christ/God is the same thing. it's metaphorical language that means we are His beloved, in union with Him and one with Him as a man and His wife, actualized at the 'wedding feast of the lamb'.

Collectively we are His bride but we are also "His body, His children, His sheep, His wild branch grafted in, etc."

The titles of God and the titles of His people are often times made out to be literal.

They are often revelatory and teaching us about an attribute or office.
12/3/09 4:29 PM
770mdm

Not according to what this thing says: 

(scroll down to 839):

http://www.vatican.va/archive/catechism/p123a9p3.htm#III

12/3/09 5:36 PM
Grakman

the rooster - grak: Is God a trinity?

me: no. The bible never says God is a trinity, tri unity, triune being but emphatically states He is One.

grak: If so is the wife a part of the trinity (the Holy Spirit?) or is she separate from them?

me: the bride of Christ/God is the same thing. it's metaphorical language that means we are His beloved, in union with Him and one with Him as a man and His wife, actualized at the 'wedding feast of the lamb'.

Collectively we are His bride but we are also "His body, His children, His sheep, His wild branch grafted in, etc."

The titles of God and the titles of His people are often times made out to be literal.

They are often revelatory and teaching us about an attribute or office.
Sorry man, I think you took my questions too seriously.  They were meant as a sort of rabbit hole down which one could stumble if we start really thinking about the implications of theological questions like these. I think Wynne already said he didn't mean the metaphorical bride you described, but a 'real wife,' at least that's how I understood his question.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.