UnderGround Forums

Australasia UnderGround >> Making History...

9/30/09 7:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Elvis
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought I'd share this with you guys. I was uploading old fights of mine onto facebook. I got my hand on a bunch of old VHS tapes (sadly some were damaged and unuseable). and found some really old fights. One of the fights was my match in RINGS with Tamura. It wasn't the most amazing match itself but some of the content was. I was suprised to discover that back in 1997 I had pulled off a Gogoplata in MMA. Back then I didn't know about GoGo's I called it the Shin-Choke in class. I just thought it was way cool that Aussie MMA was ahead of the rest of the world. :)

As the first person to have you used the move in MMA I have decided to rename the move the Kingoplata... In future please ensure you use this correct terminology. :)

Elvis

PS. I have also included photographic evidence to support my history making effort. :)

9/30/09 8:09 PM
BenBJJ
254 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry, Eddie Bravo did that first, in a rooftop MMA match.
10/3/09 11:43 AM
geraldbb
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben,

Can you provide video of Eddie's match? If not, I say the King O Plata name sticks...!!!

GBB
10/3/09 3:14 PM
Elvis
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kingoplata forever!
10/3/09 3:14 PM
Elvis

Kingoplata forever!
10/6/09 12:45 AM
Elvis

It is now official... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingoplata

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gogoplata

Elvis :)
10/7/09 7:08 AM
armbarcrashdummy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know about 'Kingoplata'......

But I reckon you've got 100% dibs on the armbar from a triangle position with both arms in (a la the UFC30 win). I've not seen that done again in MMA...

Maybe the 'Elviserator' or 'Armbaroftheking'?
10/7/09 7:17 PM
Elvis

Kingbar?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.