UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> Att: IL Don - Uneven burn issues

10/2/09 1:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
StLouisMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hello, IL Don.

I recently attended an Oliva event at my local tobacco shop. While stocking up on Serie O i was introduced to Cain F. I smoked it first and became an instant fan of the delicious Fuerte. On my next trip to the shop I purchased a full box of 5.

My question is this. The first Fuerte burned perfectly. The next two all experienced an odd habit of filler burning, but not the binder or wrap. I kept having to touch them up. Any thoughts on this?
10/2/09 2:14 PM
windycity
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm no Il Don but perhaps an improper light or the wrapper was holding too much humidity?
10/2/09 10:39 PM
joesonshuevos
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

il Don home after an epic poker gamer at il poker store all day. As said, improper lighting always has something to do with canoeing. But il Don has of course fired up il Cain. BTW, worst website eva. Is he selling bicycles or cigars? il Don is going with improperly aged tobacco causing it.

Reasons for canoeing:

1)improper lighting.
2)improper aging
3)monster vains
4)not rolling in between fingers while smoking
5)external circumstances such as wind.
10/4/09 12:38 AM
StLouisMMA

I think you nailed it with #5. I smoked the first one in the park and the problematic two while driving with the window down. Lesson learned.
10/5/09 1:39 PM
joesonshuevos
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad to help....also, il Don has learned that Cain has now released a maduro 6x60. il Don fired 1 up....tough to light, muddled flavours and horrible burn. Seems like a cigar that needs another 6 months of aging.
10/6/09 1:32 PM
StLouisMMA

I went to YouTube and watched a video of the Cain guy pitching for the Fuerte. I forgot his name, but he seems like a Kid Rock wannabe d-bag. Too bad I had to ever learn that that man behind the cigar wasn't some hard working, migrant from Central America who started life with a dollar and a dream.
10/6/09 1:40 PM
StLouisMMA

Oh, I forgot to mention that stick number 4 of the 5 in that box had the wrapper split significantly enough for smoke to rise from it. Not pleased. Every time I think I found a smoke that I like better than Padrons I am drawn back to Padron with humble apologies.

It is fun to sample new stuff, though.
10/7/09 5:55 PM
joesonshuevos

New stuff is always great. Los PAdrones will always be there for you welcoming you home.
10/13/09 1:11 AM
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StLouisMMA -  Every time I think I found a smoke that I like better than Padrons I am drawn back to Padron with humble apologies.

Truer words were never spoken. I always come back to my Padron 2000 Maduro. Can't beat the price, the construction, and of course, the perfectly balanced flavor.

10/13/09 9:35 AM
StLouisMMA

007, I have half dozen Padron 6000 in the humidor. Where would you pace the 2000 on the flavor scale with the 6000? Fuller? Less full?
10/13/09 4:28 PM
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the 6000 & 2000 have the same flavor profile. I just like the robusto size, plus the price is usually about $50 less for a box.
10/16/09 1:41 PM
joesonshuevos

Size affects the flavour aND body, but not as much with the Padrones as much as others.Another 1 of the beautiful aspects of them.
10/16/09 3:32 PM
StLouisMMA

I'm sure these will be regarded as nothing special, but I have been really enjoying the Rocky Patel Sun Grown as well. It's just a very different experience all together. The smoke coming off the tip sort of has a fresh compost/soil smell. Very earthy.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.