UnderGround Forums

Australasia UnderGround >> Qld Submission Grappling Championships

10/3/09 10:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
East West Fighting Arts
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone else here attend the submission grappling tournament yesterday held at Whites Hills State College on Brisbane's south side, hosted by Submission Grappling Qld?

Entering eleven athletes in various novice weight divisions, yesterday was our first outing as a club, as we've only just started our dojo earlier this year on Brisbane's north side - Brendale.

Nicely run with lots of friendly folks, we were very impressed with the quality of the competitors, especially in the novice divisions.
10/6/09 7:14 AM
10thplanetjjmelbourne

Congratulations to all the gang at East West Fighting Arts on their performance at the QLD no gi submission comp last weekend!

11 competitors, 3 gold and 1 silver.......Awesome performance!!!

I am sure that the crew out in sunny QLD now know who you crazy guys are running a submission muck!!

Great result, well deserved too:)

Frank Barca
10th planet JJ Melbourne
10/7/09 1:34 AM
East West Fighting Arts

Thanks Frank,

Good luck to you and the boys at the forthcoming Pan Pacs, too.

Sensei
10/11/09 4:35 AM
wazad

I was there too...I was impressed with the turn out, especially the no gi event. This comp has become the place to be....I thought it was slickly managed too. There was a real good flow of matches. Well done to the organisers for getting off their butt and doing something and for making a smooth operation to boot.
10/11/09 10:52 PM
East West Fighting Arts

In spite of the morning no-gi division running about two hours past its planned time frames, the sponsor, Matt Cooper, told me it was the biggest and best supported event he's promoted to date. Good for him, we definitely enjoyed ourselves and we'll happily support his next promotion. He also said, it appeared as if the no-gi divisions are becoming more popular than the garment-based grappling!

As we're, "the new kids on the block," can you tell me what else is planned for the year in the Brisbane area?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.