UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> chinese copies????

10/5/09 1:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
grapple God
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I recently was looking at the TradeTang site and saw a bunch of "Gibson" guitars for really cheap prices. I know they are obvious fakes and counterfeits but was wondering if anyone had ever played any of these and what they would be comparable to? It looks like they are Epiphone level quality with the gibson name and design. With a family I will never ever be able to afford that Gibson that I want but could swing one of these and have the look of the guitar that I want and the option to upgrade the pickups and hardware as I go. Let me know if any have ever tried these out. There are a few videos on you tube and they are say how much they like theirs. Thanks a bunch.
10/8/09 3:07 PM
BubbaRayGracie
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They're great, but an hour later, you want another guitar. Hope that helps.
10/12/09 11:23 AM
Racer X
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/13/09 2:04 PM
 As a repairman, I've seen just a few of these. Basically it looks like an Epiphone that has been finished off with counterfeit Gibson logos. The hardware looks to be Epiphone spec. I also worked on a Ibanez JEM rip off that was utter shit, could not be made to play well and the locking bridge went BADLY out of tune.

May I suggest getting a guitar you can afford instead of something you will always have to think of as pirated?

Sure they are cheap, but it's because they are forgeries.

10/24/09 7:06 PM
Mitch Rommel
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just save up a little each month until you get around 1200. Then you can buy a real Gibson. Or just go into the guitar store and play a bunch. A lot of the cheaper guitars look pretty good, and play much better than they did when I started playing.
10/27/09 11:09 AM
Racer X
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just went to tradetang.com.

Just as I thought, rebadged Epi and Squier guitars. LOL at the Ibanez JEM with the shitty TRS knock off vibrato.

Those guitars aren't worth buying from an overseas source.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.