UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> would be nice if poker sites offerred

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

10/6/09 1:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
billid
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

option to show bb's instead of dollars.

levelling up would be much easier and I'm sure it would help the multi tablers in the higher limits who play 2-3 different limits at once on sites where the volume of players is low.
10/6/09 3:10 PM
JCT
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn't like it. Might help players play more correctly if they look at the chips as bbs instead of money.
10/8/09 3:19 AM
nhbMIKE
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/08/09 3:19 AM
i'm pretty sure there are programs that will do this for you, search the software forum at 2+2
10/9/09 5:46 AM
PR
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

$ in your poker bankroll isnt money - it is simply the tools you need to do your job.
10/12/09 5:52 PM
billid
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PR - $ in your poker bankroll isnt money - it is simply the tools you need to do your job.

yeah, this is the way I explain it to people also.  It's overcoming the size of the numbers after so long playing a level lower.  I understand you can break it down to a 3.5xbb preflop raise, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 pot sized bets etc. and the size of the numbers don't matter, but it does for the first bit and the time period of getting used to seeing different numbers isn't fun.

as for players playing more correctly with bb's instead of dollar values in front of them, I don't see how this works to your advantage in the end.  a decent player will overcome the scared money within 5-6 solid sessions and a shitty player will call off more chips to your solid hands forever.

regardless, I was looking for an option to show bb's, not change the whole system.  I'll look into the 2+2 threads, I never go there and forget to check things like this out there.

10/12/09 8:06 PM
LordSeano
361 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BONEtheDOME - 
JCT - I wouldn't like it. Might help players play more correctly if they look at the chips as bbs instead of money.

this.

let them play with scared money.

Scared money?
10/12/09 10:30 PM
billid

Edited: 10/12/09 10:33 PM
 Scared money is just when you're too scared to lose the money in front of you to play your best game.  example would be somebody moving up a level and then playing overly tight.

Not sure how much you know about poker but the opposite of this would be to get to that point where the money in front of you no longer has a monetary value to it, and as PR pointed out, becomes a tool to make money.  Once this happens tilt can quickly occur when somebody says to you "wtf, you lost $400 last night? you know what you could have bought with $400?...why didn't you pay off a bill or something instead.  How much are you ahead???  if I were you I'd cash out now before you lose it"

I can lose $200 at the tables and actually walk away happy with the game I played but later that night lose $50 that fell out of my pocket or hear that my girfriend blew $100 on a stupid purse and go crazy. lol

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.