UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Wearing grappling shorts at gym....

10/6/09 6:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CAMEL KILLER
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I have 3 pairs of shorts in my gym bag, 1.grey sweat short type 2. black nike shorts 3. grappling shorts.

So I rotate wearing the grey and black shorts then wash them at the end of the week.  I keep my grappling shorts in the gym bag because I also keep my wrestling shoes etc in there to always have them handy.  So last weekend I forget to take the gym bag out of my car and wash my clothes so I go to the gym yesterday and both shorts are pretty ripe.  I pull out my grappling shorts and they smell gym bag fresh so after a little debate i decide to wear the non stinking grappling shorts.   I work out at a Golds gym every day at lunch mainly doing cardio so i am on the treadmill running and I notice one guy wearing tapout shorts.... another with a tapout shirt..... and yet another with some kind of BJJ t shirt.  
Dude with tapout shorts walks by and plainly sees my shorts.  now,  I have my headphones on and in no mood to chit chat with this guy as he is plainly wanting to ask me something.  About 5 minutes and a half mile later I see him talking to BJJ shirt douch and both look my way......so without delay, i hit "Stop" on the treadmill, grab my towel and head for the locker room.   I shower and change as quickly as possible and scurry out.   I always laughed at these meatheads before and realized that for a half hour, i was one of them.  i feel dirty.....

What is everyone elses opinions on wearing grappling shorts to the gym. How many of you do it?   And is it acceptable in certain situations...... (bordering on OG question)...
10/6/09 6:29 PM
CAMEL KILLER
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have regular shorts i work out in without mma shit all over them. 
10/6/09 6:31 PM
dawgswrestler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and the problem with them talking and looking your way?
10/6/09 6:35 PM
commando puma

they might trane ufc aswell mayby
10/6/09 6:35 PM
Retard
651 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wear my under armor shit to the gym, I hate attracting unnecessary attention.
10/6/09 6:36 PM
akira323

I never wear grappling shorts to the gym, but I do see dudes sporting them every now and then and never really feel threatened enough to care about it. Muay thai shorts at the gym always make me smirk though.
10/6/09 6:44 PM
CAMEL KILLER

Mark Hunts Fist - with all due respect-----jesus- what it must be like to not have your shit stink. what a wonderful life....sounds like the only douche out of the group was you and the other guys were better off never talking to you.

faygo..

Problem I had with wearing them is the smirks etc.  Some douch like Mark Hunts Vagina asking "so where do you train?" and proceed to tell me they fight UFC.  I hate those fucken uncomfortably retarded conversations.  
10/6/09 6:50 PM
Pernicious
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's the point of this thread?

Clearly, you think wearing grappling shorts to the gym for non-grappling exercise is lame.

Are you hoping someone can convince you otherwise?

Or are you just looking to internet pal around w/ other people who agree w/ you so you can all have a laugh at the TUF noobs at your 24 fitness?
10/6/09 6:57 PM
Crazy Zimmerman
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I get looks when I wear mma gloves on the treadmill.  But I like the attention.
10/6/09 6:59 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wear some T-shirts w/ MMA/BJJ stuff or some MMA show I've been to.

Regular black shorts tho.
10/6/09 7:01 PM
WrestlingSucks
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You should always wear thai shorts on leg day if you have chicken legs like me
10/6/09 7:15 PM
cnAKA
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

haha you sound more judgmental than a pack of 16 year old girls. grow up
10/6/09 7:21 PM
Chomas
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you "pros" are looking pretty douchey here lol
10/6/09 7:25 PM
rustyshakleford
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its taking me a long time and several confrontations to figure this out. If you wear fight related clothing in public, prepare to hear the most inane, un-educated comments in the universe. I myself have fallen into the trap of wearing my sprawl gear (best gear ever) to the gym, and low and behold, i have to hear about every fight dude's been in, how his second cousin's brother is gonna be in the ufc. Once in a while, i will get a request to fight/wrestle dude's : son, brother, cousin, neighbor....
i now go as incognito as possible.
10/6/09 8:09 PM
NCbjj

Sometimes i'm low on clean gym shorts.....I wear my grappling shorts....what?
10/6/09 8:15 PM
G-Hands
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll just say this...

TapouT has Bally's Total Fitness on lockdown. I see more TapouT gear there then anywhere else except MMA shows. Shorts, shirt, etc.

everytime, without fail.

Here & there I see Affliction gear, but TapouT runs Ballys.
10/6/09 8:17 PM
Leghound
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like you were checking out...sorry, I mean 'noticing' a lot of dudes at the gym. Just sayin'.
10/6/09 8:21 PM
AFTC
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do your shorts have a stretchy crotch and side splits?

If YES then don't wear them to the gym. (especially if they are the Sprawls with the grip stuff in the crotch. Might start a fire on the treadmill)
10/6/09 8:26 PM
insomnia

insecure with your self image eh
10/6/09 8:34 PM
BzGrappla

btw how do you like golds? do they have alot of equipment?
10/6/09 8:36 PM
bignightmare
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I only wear old school Vale Tudo shorts to the gym. Every now and then I get to scare the crap outta the dudes that call them Speedos....god I hate Fucking newbs!
10/6/09 8:51 PM
G-Hands

Leghound - Sounds like you were checking out...sorry, I mean 'noticing' a lot of dudes at the gym. Just sayin'.

Wait, you go to the gym to actually work out?? I go to watch the hot guys.
10/6/09 8:57 PM
Quik
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Six Deuce Clothing, Owner
Thinking of making some basketball shorts.
10/6/09 8:59 PM
kcbjj
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know what you mean, but really who gives a shit???
10/6/09 9:18 PM
Sothy

this is definitely an OG question...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.