UnderGround Forums

JKD UnderGround >> Citizen's Arrest Captured on Camera

10/7/09 12:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ideologic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/arresting-tales/2009/10/freelance-photographer-captures-citizens-arrest.html

"Freelance photojournalist Mike Anzaldi was in the right place at the right time this weekend. While stopping for lunch in Chinatown, he happened on the aftermath of a purse snatching.

What you see in this series of photos is a couple of good Samaritans detaining the bad guy. It gives you a good notion of what cops deal with all the time--the bad guy is a biter, and ultimately the only thing that controls him is getting hit."

An interesting situation to say the least. Notice how the citizens are "controlling" the suspect in a few of the photos.

What do you think?

Clearly this lends credence to the "respect the bite" theorists out there...
10/7/09 12:45 PM
Ideologic

Another, slightly more (internet) famous video of a street altercation came out the other day, this time in NY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lDpYJ6FRpk

Nice reaction on the single leg for a street fight...?
10/9/09 4:38 PM
Ideologic

I enjoy things like this because they allow me to objectively look at how fights originate, escalate, and progress.

While some may be painful to watch, I appreciate the educational value. Anyone else do this?
10/9/09 9:54 PM
John Frankl
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Respect the bite"? Of course. Just as much as every other dangerous thing. But also don't stick your hand in crazy people's mouths.

Finally, if any one of these people knew a basic rear naked choke things would have been better for everyone.
10/10/09 12:04 AM
keseki
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Don't stick your hand in crazy people's mouths."

That should be one of the Ten Commandments.
10/11/09 2:54 PM
BreakerOfNations

lol @ the first video, lets all pile on the black guy and take out our frustrations on him.

Anyway, what is your opinions of standing rear naked chokes and kicking the back leg to make them balance down or fall down so they cant throw u over their shoulkder? Why cant that work instead of just forcing them with yourself to the ground ala mma?
10/11/09 8:29 PM
John Frankl
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, totally racially motivated. They probably used photo shop to make the guy look half-naked and crazy too.
10/12/09 11:15 AM
Joe Maffei
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the good Samaritans are lucky they are alive or not really hurt bad. I think people miss the point and try to put and answer to a situation. The point is things happen every where and unprovoked.
11/9/09 5:14 PM
shen
822 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/09/09 7:38 PM
Ideologic - I enjoy things like this because they allow me to objectively look at how fights originate, escalate, and progress.

While some may be painful to watch, I appreciate the educational value. Anyone else do this?

Absolutely, I love stuff like this.

I bugs me though that people think if they film something, they are excused from helping.

You have these 2-5 people struggling to control this criminal and the guy just takes pictures. Although I enjoy seeing the photos, in the moment how about putting down the camera and helping out? Clearly they could used some assistance; they weren't exactly skilled in wrasslin'.
11/11/09 12:56 AM
keseki
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

True, but filming could be helping when it comes time to prosecute.

I'm assuming the situation was adequately under control wihtout the camera guy's assist (who maybe didn't have much to contribute anyway).

I didnt watch the video so my 2 cents might not be worth even that much.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.