UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mackens on his win over Wagnney Fabiano

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

10/13/09 4:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mike Chiappetta
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/13/09 4:49 PM

I got a chance to talk to Mackens Semerzier earlier today. He was very humble and respectful of Wagnney, mentioning he used to search for 145 fight clips on Youtube and would see a lot of Wagnney and always thought highly of him.

He said he didnt originally think he was ready for a big show at this point of his career, but when the offer came, in talking to Miguel Torres and his coaches, he decided he could win.

In discussing his future, he also mentioned he doesnt display any fight awards he won because he doesnt want to cloud his mind with past achievements, which I thought was pretty cool. He was also a Marine for 8 years and served for a time in Iraq, Kosovo and Liberia.

Here's the link: mma.fanhouse.com/2009/10/13/mackens-semerzier-on-his-mma-upset-of-the-year-i-fully-expecte/

10/13/09 4:50 PM
fortheloveofMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i was just about to make a thread askin about this guy. havent heard much about him. seems like hes got a lot of potential. anyone know anymore about him?
10/13/09 4:50 PM
RickStorm
2516 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice!
10/13/09 4:51 PM
Mike Chiappetta
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fortheloveofMMA -  i was just about to make a thread askin about this guy. havent heard much about him. seems like hes got a lot of potential. anyone know anymore about him?

What's a matter, you don't wanna read the story? LOL. I know it's long but it'll answer some questions for you.
10/14/09 12:30 AM
ICantSeeHowDoneIAm
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
10/14/09 12:49 AM
beatjnkie

Do you still do that NBCsports internet MMA show Mike? The one with the girl who smiled a lot.
10/14/09 1:34 AM
Mike Chiappetta

beatjnkie - Do you still do that NBCsports internet MMA show Mike? The one with the girl who smiled a lot.

Nope, I left there a few months ago. Tiffany still does other stuff for NBC though both online and on TV. She's a really cool girl and works hard, and I'd bet she'll be going places.
10/14/09 5:10 AM
aloysius
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His win over Fabiano was huge. I did not give the guy a chance. He looked confident on his feet and good on the ground. I am definitely a fan.
10/14/09 12:35 PM
Deets89

how do these matchups happen? i wonder why Fabiano took this fight, what would he have gained from a win? was someone hurt? i'm not sure of the history of this matchup, but i watch the fight and it was a nice triangle.
10/14/09 12:38 PM
Mike Chiappetta

Deets89 - how do these matchups happen? i wonder why Fabiano took this fight, what would he have gained from a win? was someone hurt? i'm not sure of the history of this matchup, but i watch the fight and it was a nice triangle.

Fabiano was supposed to fight Erik Koch, who had to pull out with an injury. Semerzier got the call with two week's notice.
10/14/09 1:13 PM
Boldar

Huge upset over Fabiano.  Interested to see what Mackens does next so we know whether it was Fabiano underestimating him and getting caught, Mackens is really that good, or somewhere in between.
10/14/09 4:43 PM
Judo Scott
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've rolled with him a few times, he's a fucking monster.
10/14/09 4:44 PM
Elias Cepeda
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
10/15/09 9:48 AM
fortheloveofMMA

Boldar - Huge upset over Fabiano.  Interested to see what Mackens does next so we know whether it was Fabiano underestimating him and getting caught, Mackens is really that good, or somewhere in between.

he submitted wagnney fabiano. even if fabiano did underestimate him and took off for 2 weeks before he fought mackens would still really be that good imo. "lucky submissions" are a lot harder to come by than a "lucky ko"
10/15/09 10:49 AM
JoseyWales
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was a huge upset, especially since it was by submission, even thought the triangel was on I was expecting Fabiano to find a way out of it
10/19/09 11:01 PM
stillmatic
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Apparently, Wagnney hurt his rib prior to the fight and hurt it again during the fight. I did find it odd that he didn't posture up to try and escape the triangle.

You can check out the interview here. http://tatame.com/2009/10/17/Wagnney-Fabiano
10/19/09 11:08 PM
OldManMinerva

damn he wants to be a police or firefighter?

surprised he can't make money teaching BJJ
11/18/09 12:43 PM
solidspruce84

I fight locally in Virginia with Mackens. Do not be suprised to see him threatening the title soon. He always wins in stunning fashion.
11/18/09 12:52 PM
Kneeblock
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.