UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> How much gas does a generator take to run?

10/18/09 12:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
rolijuju
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see a lot of guys have generators, I would like to get one for my house. For a SHTF situation, how much gas would it take to run one? I would imagine that a lot of people would run out of gas pretty quick. Thanks for the info.
10/18/09 5:01 PM
rolijuju
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For an average 3 br 2 ba 1500 sq ft house how many hours could I expect from a 20lb propane tank? Thanks for your input bro
10/18/09 9:29 PM
rolijuju

KVR, thanks for the education. What's the approx cost for that unit? Sounds like propane is the way to go. I would figure running the fridge and possibly the heat a lil would be the necessities. That reminds me, I need to stock up on some candles. I have stocked my pantry pretty well the last few months. Finally got my wife on board. Just trying to have everything organized in case I have to ever get mobile.

Roli
7/23/10 11:13 AM
KidJustice
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

multi Fuel is the way to go. You never know what fuel you will have to scavenge when the SHTF.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.