UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Crock Pot Time

10/18/09 8:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pito Chueco
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cooler weather is here, so time to break out the crock pot.

I did a Thai chicken with peanut butter the other day, but looking for some other options. I usually use the croc for roast, stew and chili. Any other suggestions?
10/19/09 10:10 AM
crescentwrench
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are other things you can cook in there?  Everything I do is some variation of those 3.  If I make pork or beef ti shred for tacos it's still technically a roast I guess,

Apparently people make bread in them.  
http://slowandsimple.com/
Is there anything a crock pot CAN'T do?!?!  Yes, the answer is sear, but still. I'm not utilizing mine nearly enough.
10/19/09 12:48 PM
Pito Chueco
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Found a recipe for pork loin, gonna try tomorrow. I love coming home and smelling the house after the croc pot has been going all day.
10/23/09 12:15 PM
cluster
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been thinking about getting a crock pot for awhile now. do you guys have one of the fancy ones that lets you specify temperature and time or do you have the simple ones that are "high low off?"

Does it even make a difference?
10/23/09 3:42 PM
Pito Chueco

High, Low, Off for me....it is a pretty good one too, but doesnt let you set exact temps.

I threw a pork loin in the other day, with just some onion, garlic, salt and pepper and a can of chikc broth....Excellent. Next time I may throw a can of rotel in.
11/20/09 9:26 PM
Jacob Lamb
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.