UnderGround Forums

Australasia UnderGround >> Okay. Kinkos is dead.

10/21/09 1:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Gorgeous
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/21/09 1:26 AM

Would you please name a similar printing establishment in Sydney?

Kirik has sent me a photocopied folder full of hundreds of pages, a copy of the original Fighter's Notebook. If you would like one I'd be happy to copy one for you for cost with a copy of the cover etc in a folder similar to the one Kirik has sent me. DVDs not included.

Kirik said I could do whatever I want with it so copies for close friends are okay. Right Kirik :D It's a work of genius. I've enjoyed dipping into it before I sleep every night. It's really helped me uinderstand the fight.

Once I find a good printer I'll cost the copies and then publish the cost here, with postal costs to all over Australia. Then I'll ask to please deposit the cost in my account over the following week and I'll send you a copy.

But I have to track down a printer first.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE point me to a Kinkos type print who does folders and Quarto pages as well. You wil be well rewarded :D   
10/21/09 6:57 AM
Gorgeous

Edited: 10/21/09 7:05 AM
Because I'd rather ask someone and chances are that there is someone on this forum who would know.

Would you please name your favourite printer? 

There's no substitute for personal experience and a recommendation. 

It's all good. 
10/21/09 7:31 AM
walbjj
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kwik copy, worldwide.com.au
thats what i have used in the past for brochures and flyers.

otherwise, u could go to any university and ask about their printing facilities
10/21/09 7:35 AM
Gorgeous

Ah. University. The other two suggestions are splendid thanks.
10/21/09 7:39 AM
Gorgeous

The printed version of the Fighter's Notebook which I now have in my possession, living next to my bed, looks different to the pdf doc, which can still be found on my own Web Site for download. Fuck it I can't remember the address I stashed it at though I'll dig it up later :)
10/21/09 7:39 AM
Gorgeous

Quarto.

10/21/09 9:34 AM
BenBJJ
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Send me a copy.
10/23/09 12:36 AM
Gorgeous

Still researchin :)

12/17/09 2:58 AM
Gorgeous

Update: I am still looking for somewhere that can make authentic Quarto copies of the pages on this extensive, great read. Everywhere I've gone to so far is like I'll have to make A3 copies and them trim them at your expense.

Think I might try the American Consulate if there is such a thing in Sydney... and anticipating that they will baulk at the size and umber of copies... let's see. Either that or some American Conglomerate...
1/5/10 12:52 AM
Gorgeous

Okay. Kirik isn't responding to plees for deals on packages of authentic, quarto copies of this fine book. He is only saying Merry things etc.

So. I'm thinking the print on most of the pages is about 16 pt. It could bear shrinking one centimetre to A4.

I'll get prices.
1/6/10 2:10 AM
HurtingBombs
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why not go learn the techniques in a gym rather then wasting 6 months trying to get a 10 year old book written by a website owner printed?
1/6/10 3:01 PM
armbarcrashdummy

LOL at G actually ever training...
1/7/10 6:33 AM
Gorgeous

You know I just might. I feel this is the only way to ever really understand the fight. HOWEVER I can personnally vouche for the book. I feel that it has gelled all of the knowledge that I have sucked out of people's brains in conversation. It's fascinating. Kirik says it's out of date as if there are somethings he would change. But I think it's pretty terrific :)
2/16/10 8:03 AM
Gorgeous

Okay tomorrow night (17 February 2010) prices for the copying of The Fighter's Notebook will be posted on this page. Please tell your friends. It will be copied the next night. So takers will have to committ and pay during that day (on the 18th) for printing that night and posting on the 19th. Stay tuned for prices for postal, printing and folders etc etc to be posted by 6 pm tomorrow (17th). It'll be copied, put in a folder and posted by Australia Post. No variations.

It's also okay if no one takes advantage of this offer this time round. I have to do one for a friend anyway.

2/16/10 10:20 PM
Gorgeous

There has been a delay. I had to put it in a cew for the thing to be quoted. They are going to get back to me tomorrow (18th).

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.