UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Kimbo talks about the ATT gun rumor

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

10/22/09 10:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Crooklyn
890 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TapouT Radio, Redneck Support Team

He was on the way to the airport so it was a bit staticy in parts.

www.tapoutlive.com/media/7743/102209_TapouT_Radio_Kimbo_Slice/
10/22/09 11:09 PM
Crooklyn
890 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TapouT Radio, Redneck Support Team
ttt
10/22/09 11:44 PM
HULKSMASH
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I carry when I train... so what.
10/22/09 11:46 PM
Joshel
858 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/22/09 11:46 PM
Says that he is good.

Says that TUF was a good experience.

Ratings:

When asked about the ratings, says that people can relate to him, because he is himself, doesn’t try to be someone he’s not. He is there to fight, not to roll around with other guys, knock someone out or get knocked out.

Alexander Fight:

Asked about a fight with Houston Alexander, Says that he has heard his name called with Michael Moore, Brock Lesnar, lots of people (then he started to cut out.) Says it’s up to the match makers to make crowd pleasing fights, leave it up to them, whether is Seth, Brock, Houston, etc. He says he’s coming to fight, knock someone out or get knocked out.

About Seth:

Said that Seth was lucky, and knows about his Ice Cream shop, and will go there anytime and slap him. Says he shouldn’t talk smack, because he’s in his neck of the woods. Says that he’s not a shit talker, he handles his business in the cage. Said he was never asked about a rematch, and never turned one down, said he would have done that at the drop of a dime. Not about money, he would fight him for redemption, says nobody will beat him the second time. He will retire if he loses to the same guy twice.

Respect For MMA:

Said he would fight Godzilla if he was in the other corner. Claims that more than half the people in MMA are more skilled than him and he respects all of them. He understands the sacrifice you need to put in. He mentions that he knows he is one dimensional and that it’s hard to become versatile. Has nothing but love for the sport.

About his first time at ATT/GUN:

Says when he first came into the game he was a street guy. Says if someone kicks you, you kick them back, etc. Says he didn’t know what the armbar was when he first went to ATT. Says it wasn’t the guys fault that he got injured, it was his own mistake when he tried to escape the armbar. Now he can handle his own grappling, it’s a respectful thing now. No mention of the gun from Kimbo.
10/22/09 11:46 PM
Joshel
858 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Basic jist of it, hope that makes sense.
10/22/09 11:49 PM
ManhoefKOAnderson
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully this overhyped loser leaves MMA forever. Toughman against Tank is a lil more suited for his style.

There are plenty of 'bad mo fos' that he can throw down in the backyard, as long as they dont rumble near one of those big metal thingys....
10/23/09 2:31 AM
supersaiyan

ManhoefKOAnderson - Hopefully this overhyped loser leaves MMA forever. Toughman against Tank is a lil more suited for his style.

There are plenty of 'bad mo fos' that he can throw down in the backyard, as long as they dont rumble near one of those big metal thingys....

there are a few guys i would like to see leave MMA forever long before i even get to kimbo.. kimbo is the best thing that ever happened to mma at this point
10/23/09 2:37 AM
OldManMinerva

no offense but Tapout is a wealthy fucking company

why the horrible sound quality all the time?

for the price of one of those hoodies you guys could get decent mics
10/23/09 2:39 AM
SQad127

ManhoefKOAnderson - Hopefully this overhyped loser leaves MMA forever. Toughman against Tank is a lil more suited for his style.

CAFattack, trollin it up like usual
10/23/09 9:57 AM
supersaiyan

pretty much ^^
10/23/09 10:31 AM
GMan99
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kimbo continues to be very likeable. It sounds like he's not that committed to really rounding out his skills, though. Hopefully, he's at least putting in the effort to stay on his feet or get someone off him. And maybe bring in some clich and knee work in addition to the wild punching.

I am still interested in watching Kimbo, but he needs to crush someone soon. There's only so much learning curve a guy can be given.

If they set up a match with Alexander, and he loses, the thought that he might develop into something in MMA is shot, imo.
10/23/09 10:42 AM
John Nicolichuk

he trained with bas for a very long time i dont know how he is still a white belt when it comes to grappling
10/23/09 10:44 AM
Big Pun
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so the scumbag handles disputes with a gun, but he is a "good guy" right.
10/23/09 10:45 AM
Big Pun
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

also, it is not a rumor if it actually happened. 
10/23/09 10:49 AM
Rali
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only Kimbo fight I would pay to see would be a rematch with Seth, so that we can see the same results again.
10/23/09 10:55 AM
Willie Duit

I don`t think he trained with Bas a "very long time".
10/23/09 11:03 AM
orcus

"He is there to fight, not to roll around with other guys, knock someone out or get knocked out."

Hmm, I hear there's a sport called "boxing" that might be just the thing for him.
10/23/09 11:06 AM
American Icon

I love the attitude of willing to fight anyone they put in front of him, but Houston and Brock? Both of them would turn Kimbo into a grease stain on the mat.
10/23/09 11:07 AM
GMan99
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would the NSAC be open to special stipulations matches where the fight could not be contested on the ground? I would be interested in watching Kimbo in that environment, as long as it were made clear before hand.
10/23/09 11:18 AM
Big Pun

Edited: 10/23/09 11:21 AM
I just don't get the hype.  Kimbo has no skill for MMA and despite that circle jerk of a TUF show where they are trying to hype Kimbo to get ratings, all indications are that he is closer to a future prisoner than a future champion.  The guy has been in mma for TWO YEARS now and has trained multiple places and still cannot display a ground skill above a week 1 student.  Then he talks about taking part in shootings in his "hood".  He follows that up by actually pulling a gun out because he got armbarred.  After Seth beat him brutally he had one year to train before the show and opted not to.  The guy is a joke.  I guarantee Dana knows it too.  He is far too smart about the sport to think Kimbo can be used for anything but ratings.  Dana is going to have a hard time just getting Kimbo an opponent who won't make a joke out of the fight.  Let's not forget that Gannon beat Kimbo at his own rules already.  That fight was custom built for Kimbo to win and he still lost.  So someone please explain to me why anyone aside from teenage wiggas and wanna-be tough guys want to see Kimbo fight anyone?  Being "hard" and "street" mean two things in a professional mma fight.  "Jack" and "crap".  I almost feel bad for Dana for having to try and figure out a way to balance all this out and still create something entertaining for the fans.  He is making chicken salad out fo chicken...well you get the picture.
10/23/09 11:19 AM
Zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/23/09 11:21 AM
ManhoefKOAnderson - Hopefully this overhyped loser leaves MMA forever.
VTFD. I don't get very excited to watch Kimbo, but it's internet keyboard warriors who are losers, not fighters. 

EDIT: back on target, really good interview by Redneck, even though they had to cut it short.
10/23/09 12:17 PM
NJstileNJ
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I respect Kimbo now more than ever he knows what he needs to do and is humble
10/23/09 1:08 PM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why are you calling Kimbo a loser ? There are hundreds of tomato cans well below Kimbo's ability that should exit MMA 1st. How would you do in ANY kind of fight against Ray Mercer and Tank Abott w/ barely a year of training fag ?
10/23/09 1:51 PM
Big Pun

There are also hundreds of tomato cans that are better than Kimbo and he is in the premier show.  That is the problem.
10/23/09 3:26 PM
ManhoefKOAnderson

Big Pun -  There are also hundreds of tomato cans that are better than Kimbo and he is in the premier show.  That is the problem.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.