UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> got my gti chipped and a fmic, hids

10/23/09 3:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
microbiologynerd
1206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and the butt dyno is pleased!! not to mention driving at night is fucking sweet now.

sadly the only hp upgradees left are cams (and theyre not worth it for this motor) and a big turbo setup. anyone got a few grand they can give me?
10/23/09 7:47 PM
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thats the bang for the buck stuff. After this you have to ask yourself if you should just sell it and buy a better platform. The answer is usually yes. :D
10/24/09 7:08 AM
walbjj
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gti as in vw golf?
from what i have read, full exhaust and chip with nice suspension tuning will get u a pretty fun car to drive.
its not about max hp sometimes
10/24/09 5:08 PM
microbiologynerd
1206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah gti as in golf.

cai, tip, chip, fmic, 3" tbe, lsd, coilovers- the thing is real fun to drive!
10/25/09 7:29 AM
walbjj
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not sure if u can see this thread, but its a sweet gti
http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22135
Oettinger full body kit ( ~ 5k fitted)
- RNS510 navigation, large MFD on instruments, MDI interface & Factory premium bluetooth (approx $6k fitted)
- Oettinger RXX or RE wheels - 19" with Pirelli P Zero's ( ~ $6500)
- Whiteline Anti lift kit, APR Front & rear sway bars, APR dogbone mount & all control arm bushes re-done
- Peloquin differential & Sach's racing clutch / flywheel assembly (single Mass Steel) ~ ($6k fitted)
- Stasis Alcon 370mm Brake set ( ~ $5500)
- Cross racing or Sach's racing coilover set (~ 4k)
- APR Stage 3 kit complete ( ~ $15k fitted)
- APR RSC Exhaust ( ~ $3300)
11/7/09 5:05 PM
microbiologynerd

that is a badass looking car! lol @ my silly mods:

neuspeed cold air intake
samco turbo inlet pipe
hyperboost diverter valve
unitronic stage 1+ chip
one stop euro fmic
peloquin limited slip diff
koni coilovers
autotech 28 mm rear sway bar
yarrowsport rear strut bar
millitek 2.5" turbo back exhaust
helix angel eyes with direct tuning HIDS
r32 short shifter
eip tuning tranny mount (thats car tranny, not og type tranny)
xm radio and valentine one radar detector hardwired with hidden display
custom grounding kit

im not much of a cosmetic/bodykit guy because i prefer the stock look for the sleeper effect, and bodywork/painting costs a ton. not to mention boston roads are unforgiving.  the only other inexpensive mod for effective hp is water injection, cams do nothing for my car. then it gets pricey for the big turbo upgrade or a porsche 911. :P pics to come when im home from brazil
11/8/09 6:21 AM
walbjj

yeah, that gti is the test mule for an "apr dealer" here in australia.
he basically gets the latest VAG product, and throws the catalog at it, tests new products, reviews them, and then sells the car, in various stages of builds and moves on.
he currently has a vw polo gti and the audi tts as well as the audi s3.
11/8/09 8:31 PM
White347LX
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Getting rid of the cat is the single biggest "cheap" thing you can to any turbo vehicle. My wife's car dropped half a second going from a aftermarket "high flow" 2.5" convertor to a test pipe. No shit, nothing else at all and it went from 13.2 to 12.7s overnight!
11/9/09 6:30 AM
walbjj

yeh, but it stinks a little and the epa fine ur ass if they find out. its a $10k fine apparently.
a lot of people run gutted cats, so it looks like a cat is there, but getting a 100 cell cat is a better option
11/9/09 11:10 AM
Man in Block
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What kind of power can you make with a GTI with all those mods?
11/11/09 7:01 AM
walbjj

which one? the one i posted? i think they said 400hp
11/11/09 11:10 AM
Man in Block
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was curious about MBN's GTI - that seems like a good inexpensive setup.

Holy shit @ spending that much to get 400 hp.
11/11/09 2:45 PM
microbiologynerd

my car should be around 250, plus its light and nimble as fuck. i plan to take it to the dyno soon- i'll post results, unless they are shameful. :)
11/12/09 6:00 AM
walbjj

thats australian dollars btw, but yes, it is pretty expensive. i believe they were selling the complete car for aud$50k.
which is pretty good, seeing as the golf gti brand new was about $45k on road
11/19/09 11:46 AM
TheToeCutter
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

too bad they didnt make the turbo gti AWD like in the r32's.  i just dont see the point in going 400 + hp to the front wheels especially in street trim.  ya burnouts are sweet but its a bitch hooking up at the track unless u have slicks and trustworthy half shafts.
11/19/09 9:48 PM
microbiologynerd

agreed. for ~25k you can have a twin turbo r32 at 550 hp. a wee bit ridiculous lol. the 1.8t vws can take ~ 350 hp safely.

ive never understood burnouts, just not for me, nor do i have the $$ and patience to track my car. the extra kick with these modest bolt ons makes it kickass as a daily driver
11/20/09 12:54 PM
TheToeCutter
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ya i know of a kid around the south shore that has a twin turbo r32.  thing is ridiculous.  after i maxed out my cobalt ss/sc i vowed i would never build something without AWD cause i had such problems hooking up at the track LOL but good luck with your GTI!  LSD and Slicks should do you just fine.
11/21/09 12:55 AM
White347LX
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"i vowed i would never build something without AWD"

The fastest cars are RWD, give that a try sometime!
12/27/09 11:51 AM
billcosbiguez
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

White347LX - "i vowed i would never build something without AWD"

veyron is awd.
12/27/09 9:15 PM
stevekt
699 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

billcosbiguez - 
White347LX - "i vowed i would never build something without AWD"

veyron is awd.

The SSC Ultimate Aero is RWD.
1/13/10 6:31 PM
Ben Jaquenhoft
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to have a jetta 1.8t. That thing was awesome. Its been a few years so i dont remember some of the brand names but i have a 007 diverter valve, FMIC, 2.5 catback, electronic boost controller, CIA, and 4 bar fpr. It was a nice sleeper. It ran high 14's on the track.
2/6/10 9:58 AM
microbiologynerd

ok, now i need to be convinced NOT to get the apr stage 3 turbo upgrade... my tuner is also sweetening the pot by offering the parts to me at his cost...

2/6/10 10:25 AM
Ben Jaquenhoft
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No help from me. DO IT!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.