UnderGround Forums

RugbyGround >> 2009 Bledisloe Cup - Tokyo

10/24/09 1:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SILK
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On October 31 the All Blacks play the Wallabies in Tokyo as part o the Bledisloe Cup (Japan will host the World Cup in 2019, so this is part of their effort to promote the game here). What's happening in the Bledisloe Cup? I haven't been following rugby since the Boks won the Tri-Nations
I haven't been to a live game since leaving South Africa and I am AMPED to see this! Despite being a staunch Bok fan, I've always wanted to watch the Haka live.

Would it be a douche move if I wore a Bokke T=shirt? ;-)
10/24/09 8:08 AM
Squatdog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a fucking stupid place to hold a Bledisloe Cup match, even worse than Hong Kong last year.

It's all good and well to promote rugby with big matchs, but the game will probably crawl to a thrilling 9-6 grindfest that will put the crowd to sleep.

All SANZAR cares about is $$$
10/24/09 8:18 AM
SILK
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope the game ISN'T a snore fest, but I understand why Tokyo is doing it. It's part of getting the game more popular before the 2019 Cup to be held in Japan, the first time ever that Asia is hosting it iirc, so definitely not a stupid place to hold it.
I'm taking 2 people with that have heard of rugby but never since it. Many others will be doing the same. Every little bit helps to make the game more popular (and the more people in Japan that stop watching that fag fest called Basball which is so popular here and start watching real sports the better)
Pity I don't get to watch the best team in the world. I'll have to settle for watching runner ups :P
10/24/09 8:41 AM
Squatdog

It would have been better to have the All Blacks play a President's XV or Barbarians side rather than waste a Bledisloe Cup fixture that may turn into a snoozefest.

Savour your fluke season while it lasts :P
10/24/09 10:07 AM
SILK

I'll take any live quality rugby I can get in Japan :-)

The Bokke are still the World Champs for a few years. We'll savour that flavour ;-)
10/25/09 6:08 PM
seg
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holding a Bledisloe Cup match outside of Aus or NZ is an abomination
10/29/09 7:21 AM
GrotesK

they played last year, it would be an abomination if it actually mattered but since it's already new zealands trophy it should make for a quality game. both teams really have alot to prove.
11/2/09 4:10 AM
SILK

Was a good game. Surprised how many people showed up for it-the stadium seemed sold out.
New Zealand won again.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.