UnderGround Forums

Australasia UnderGround >> pan pacs no gi

10/24/09 7:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kustom
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just a quick question. At the pan pacs in the no gi are you aloud to grab your opponents shorts or rashi during the fight? I noticed this alot at this just gone pan pacs and no one was getting pulled up on it. Are you aloud to grab clothing in no gi or not?
10/25/09 7:11 AM
walbjj
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in no gi, u cannot grab clothing. someone should have protested
10/25/09 8:15 PM
geraldbb
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is no mention of restrictions or penalties in the AFBJJ rules regarding grabbing your opponents clothing in no-gi.

This issue was discussed at the rules meeting, and agreed that it was permissible to grab the uniform in no-gi.

Same ruling at the AFBJJ Champions Cup in Adelaide, and there were several protests regardging this, none were upheld to my knowledge.

Hope that helps clarify the issue.

Best regards,

Gerald.

ps. It is generally considered illegal to use the no-gi uniform (rashie, t-shirt or whatever) to choke your opponent. I don't this is mentioned in the rules either.....
10/25/09 11:12 PM
OutbreakMonkey
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the many reasons why the Machados are a superior competition.
10/26/09 2:35 AM
Kagemusha
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i heard you had to wear a rash guard too, and couldnt get your bare chest flexfest on? that sucks, as you are given another item to be held onto....
10/26/09 4:40 PM
Stewie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought the hole idea of No Gi was not too grab the clothing! If you want to grab the clothing then fight in the Gi division. It's pretty simple really!

Cheers

Stewie
10/27/09 6:22 AM
walbjj
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the clothes grabbing by the afbjj is why the disparity in rules between the ibjjf and teh afbjj is mindboggling.
come on, if the afbjj wants to align itself with the ibjjf by using the australia cup as the "qualifier" for the olympics or the worlds, then how is it possible if the rules dont even relate.
i guess u could argue that international basketball rules r slightly different to the nba rules, its still basketball, just different
10/29/09 2:07 AM
geraldbb
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kagemusha, you are correct, no bare chests.

GBB
10/29/09 5:01 PM
Stooba
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ps. It is generally considered illegal to use the no-gi uniform (rashie, t-shirt or whatever) to choke your opponent. I don't this is mentioned in the rules either.....

Then you could choke someone with their own rashvest?

If it's not mentioned in the rules, it has to be legal, yea?

Cheers for these explanations Geraldbb.
=]
10/31/09 3:46 AM
BenBJJ
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

afbjj looks like a joke if you can grab material in no-gi. Retarted.
11/2/09 10:16 PM
blakGSR
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hence the reason why people usually go bare chest in no-gi.

If this is the case though, then it opens up a whole pandora's box. You can easily choke someone with the neck of their rashy, or even cuff choke is possible with a long sleeve rashy.
11/3/09 4:15 AM
BenBJJ
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ afbjj! What a joke!
11/3/09 5:12 AM
walbjj

ben, u said that already.
i agree as well

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.