UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Olympic Judo for BJJ

10/26/09 1:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
David Bollea
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anybody else see this?

2008 Olympian teaching Judo for BJJ.

I just signed up for the free video.

Seems good.

Judo Takedowns for BJJ
10/26/09 1:35 AM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They are decent instructionals, especially if you cannot find a judo club near you to learn form in person.
10/26/09 10:01 AM
Mimi43
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why is there a need for "Judo takedowns for BJJ"??
Oh I know why! Because practically MOST places that teach "BJJ" teach submission grappling for sport with no instruction for throws or take downs. Their only idea of taking somone down is double leg take downs. Plus, most places when you grapple you start kneeling...which is bizarre to me.
10/26/09 7:33 PM
David Bollea
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mimi43 - Why is there a need for "Judo takedowns for BJJ"??
Oh I know why! Because practically MOST places that teach "BJJ" teach submission grappling for sport with no instruction for throws or take downs. Their only idea of taking somone down is double leg take downs. Plus, most places when you grapple you start kneeling...which is bizarre to me.

Yeah I used to pull guard at BJJ tournies a lot.

I'd much rather throw a guy and stay on top.

I think it's really cool that an Judo Olympian is cross training in BJJ and is SHOWING Judo takedowns for BJJers!
10/26/09 8:02 PM
Daihlo

CageFilm, Director
Hi guys, if Judo is of interest to you as BJJ fighters, you should seriously check out Neil Adams weekly series at www.cagefilm.com/shop. under the teaching/judo section.

Adams was double olympic silver medalist and multiple European champion, feared for his ground game and ability to turn Judo throws straight into submissions.

Ive ttrained Jiu Jitsu for many years and went to train with him recently, like I had no base at all...

Well worth checking out.
10/26/09 8:07 PM
wild celtic

Neil Adams brother was Pro Wrestler Chris Adams who wrestled in Texas for years for the Von Erich Promotion.
10/26/09 8:12 PM
Daihlo

CageFilm, Director
Yep! Thats right. and his wife Niki is a Canadian Olympic Judo medalist also...!

Seriously, though, I wish I had enough time to train with him full time Judo alongside my BJJ, MMA and Luta Livre! Need more days in the week though...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.