UnderGround Forums

JKD UnderGround >> leg kicks in a self defense context

1/7/10 11:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SidRon
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A shin kick with a boot will accomplish the above without expsoing you as much to being countered.
1/17/10 8:39 PM
laqueus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

By shin kick with a boot I assume you mean kicking someone in the shin while wearing a boot so you bark them?
1/17/10 8:50 PM
SidRon
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

laqueus - By shin kick with a boot I assume you mean kicking someone in the shin while wearing a boot so you bark them?

Yes, I mean kicking them in the shin while you are wearing a boot. I am not sure what "bark" means. Is that like kicking the bark of a tree? If so then yes.
1/17/10 11:11 PM
laqueus

Yeah, it's skinning the shin.
1/18/10 12:48 AM
SidRon

laqueus - Yeah, it's skinning the shin.

Ahh, that's actually a secondary motion after the initial stomp. For the primary attack think leaning a board up against a wall and then stomping into it to break it.
1/18/10 2:19 AM
laqueus

Wouldn't you want to kick at the knee first then?
1/18/10 9:40 AM
SidRon

Edited: 01/18/10 10:12 AM
You certainly could. When the person is advancing toward me and placing their weight on their lead foot I kick low and aim for their shin. If I am advancing for example after throwing a lead hand. Often times to avoid getting hit with the lead hand the opponent will lean their upper body back without moving their lead foot back. When they do this it straightens their lead leg out. In this circumstance I prefer to raise my kick a little higher and come down on their knee. (when sparring I hit them mid thigh without putting my weight down into the kick).

To get the feel for it. Have a partner stand in front of you and then have them take a step forward as if to deliver a punch. As they do this lean back and drive the inside edge of your rear boot into their shin (protected with shinguards).

For the second version you step forward and throw a lead hand. Instruct your partner to keep his feet in the same place but to lean back to avoid the punch. After missing the punch bring your rear leg forward and lightly place your foot on his quadricep above his knee (in actuality you would be stomping all of your weight into his knee with the bottom of your boot).

Note on the above technique. When your opponent leans back without adjusting his feet beneath him he is committing a technical error which enables you capitalize on by coming down on the knee. If your opponent reacts properly to your lead hand by moving his head and his feet backward so that he maintains his proper stance then I prefer to follow up with the first version of the kick.

For a third version, from the clinch, step your right foot back and pull your opponents left side towards you. He will compensate by stepping his left leg forward and putting weight on it. When he does this drive the inside edge of your right boot into his shin.

As far as using the skinning motion after the kick, it is generally only practical when you are clinched with your opponent. Even in the clinch I prefer not to do the scraping motion because in the time it takes ot do that I can reset and do another shin kick which is much more damaging than the scraping.

These are the main variations that I do of the Coup de Pied Bas, my favorite kick.
1/30/10 7:50 PM
Wardance5
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if your fighting someone in self defense you can easily use a front push kick to break there knee even just a round house to the side of the knee will be devistating if they dont know how to defend it you can pop the knee cap tear the acl, mcl or damage the miniscus or just break it clean in half

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.