UnderGround Forums

TattooGround >> Sleeve question/help

10/29/09 11:25 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RobMcKenzie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Apologies, i know this kind of question gets asked all the time, but i'm interested in getting a sleeve done, full arm length (up to the wrist anyways) and was thinking about getting just a lot of wind in black and white, and having bright pink cherry blossoms throughout it.

Is there any good sites/pics people could post up with something resembling this?
Or any other good suggestions to throw in the sleeve?

Was gonna get the outline done in Brasil when im over there in a few weeks, then the rest finished back home in Aus.

Thanks in advance for any assistance
11/3/09 3:37 PM
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like you want Japanese style sleev. I would personally get the wind & flowers in there, but you need a main piece as well, usually a dragon, koi, geisha, samurai, etc. The flowers and wind would serve as the supporting cast.

Also, you'd want the same artist to do all the work.

I'll tell you what I tell everyone who asks me about getting tattoos (I have full Japanese sleeves).

1. Look at a million tattoos.  Buy magazines, search the interweb, become familiar with the work of top artists. Pretty soon, your eye can pick a great tattoo from crap. It will also help you decide which style you like.

2. Once you decide a style, choose the artist that specializes in that style. Work with the artist to come up with the actual piece. Bring in picturesof tattoos you like.

3. Price should be no object. The good artists will cost more for a reason. If you're getting sleeved up, it needs to be top quality work. Save bargain shopping for the gorcery store.

Good luck

2/18/10 12:43 AM
KingBodhi
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would avoid getting tattooed in Brasil, they have a high rate of infection if you choose the wrong shop and there's a good chance you could walk away with hep or worse. I hope you speak Portuguese well and research shops before you go. I agree with 007 that one artist needs to complete the entire piece.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.