UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> Need POC for Army Combatives Team

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/3/09 7:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jfrank
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/20/10 6:55 PM

Looking for a Team to Represent the Army for a high profile Team vs Team event this January at Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton.

This event will feature teams from the Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force and (hopefully) the Army in dual team matches (simular to High School/ College Wrestling Dual Meets).

This All Military team tournament will be conducted by MWR in the main fieldhouse gym in Camp Pendleton and will be a high production event.

The team needs a fighter in each of the following weight class:
Heavyweight

This event will be under Pankration Rules.
www.fightleague.org

Please contact Jon at jfrank128@cox.net or Corey at slinger2@cox.net if interested. 
12/3/09 8:54 PM
jfrank
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anyone out there .............
1/20/10 6:55 PM
jfrank

This event is scheduled for March 6th. An estimated 2,000 will be in attendence. The two undefated teams will compete in a finals that will rival most large MMA productions. Production crew and advsiors from Universal Studios and Disney are assisting.  The event will also feature clinics from pro MMA fighters, exibition matches, food and more.........

So far we have three of the seven Army Spots filled by individuals. We were hoping for two full Seven Man Teams from the Army or National Guard! Several contacts to Combative Instuctors have been sent out but no luck so far. 

If any individuals in the Army or Guard are interested in this event please email me at jfrank128@cox.net
There are also spots availabe for Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard. Both Marine Teams are full with dozens more still trying to get in.

PLEASE PASS THE WORD TO ANYONE INTERESTED..........

2/13/10 10:41 AM
jfrank

Can anyone tell us why active duty Army are not allowed to compete against other branches of the US Armed Forces?
2/15/10 7:04 PM
ChinoV
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't know that active duty army is not allowed to compete against other branches? I've never heard anything like that. I think it really depends on your chain of command.

But for me personally, its more of a financial issue. My chain of command won't pay for my trip back to the mainland, it would take an act of congress! My company says that it should be taken care of by my department, then my department says it should be the company or above. Its funny how things work, maybe in a real unit they are more supportive than my hospital unit. There is a lot of army guys that I'm sure would love to have a opportunity to compete against other branches, but with deployments, and fundings I think it would be tough.

I think it would be fun to compete against other branches. But would prefer to have it under MMA rules, no open hand slaps. Fightleague.org is blocked at work, I can't see the rules! Goodluck to all the competetors and branches in your upcoming event.
2/19/10 2:29 PM
jfrank

We are under FILA rules which limit striking to the body. In the past 5 years we have had a few active duty Army compete and do very well but for the most part many game Soldiers were specificaly told not to partcipate. This time we are hosting a Team vs Team event with the Army team consisting mostly of National Guard and Army Reservists.

Over the years all attempts to contact SFC Lawson and other Combatives officials have failed.
It is fustrating because FILA Pankration is a worldwide sport under the IOC. If we can get all four branches involved this can be a All Service sport and possible added to CISMS.
2/22/10 11:36 AM
Merryprankster
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jfrank,

Please check your cox.net account. You've got mail. I can't help you on the March 6 date, but please keep me in mind. Thanks!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.