UnderGround Forums

NatureGround >> Dead Bodies on Mount Everest

11/4/09 12:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
balloon knotter
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fightin_Chance - 
lazermonkey -  Think a helicopter can land on the Everest summit?

it gets dicey even up around their base camp....the air gets thin and the winds play hell

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/adventure/0509/whats_new/helicopter_everest.html

french test pilot touches down on the summit in 2005 in a stock helicopter .
11/4/09 12:06 AM
Decepticon
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i know how to avoid this problem. NOT CLIMBING EVEREST.
11/4/09 12:06 AM
Decepticon

i know how to avoid this problem. NOT CLIMBING EVEREST.
11/4/09 12:10 AM
balloon knotter
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lazermonkey -  I was hoping someone would search before saying "NO a helicopter cant go that high" lol

www.spadout.com/wiki/index.php/Didier_Delsalle_lands_Helicopter_on_Everest

i remembered hearing about it when he did it.

15 minutes from the airport to the summit. kind of funny if you think about it, flying past all those dead bodies of people who spent weeks trying to climb it with the heat on in the chopper.
11/4/09 12:12 AM
iraqicameltoe

Pressure on your lungs is it like diving?
11/4/09 12:13 AM
balloon knotter

besides not bringing bodies down they also don't bring down their trash.

i beleive they have limited the number of permits because of the tons of debris that have accumulated on the routes. almost every food container, fuel bottle, oxygen bottle, climbing gear, tents, shit, water bottles, etc, that went up stayed there and litters the mountain.
11/4/09 12:16 AM
Mezla
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those pictures chill me to the bone, man. That's Death staring you right in the face.
11/4/09 12:16 AM
sadic1
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a big landfill up there. And it's not like you can do it naturally without extra oxygen, tons of equipment, and a sherpa and whatnot. If you want to prove something, go survive by yourself like survivorman or something instead of buying an "achievement".
11/4/09 12:17 AM
Fightin_Chance
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

balloon knotter - besides not bringing bodies down they also don't bring down their trash.

i beleive they have limited the number of permits because of the tons of debris that have accumulated on the routes. almost every food container, fuel bottle, oxygen bottle, climbing gear, tents, shit, water bottles, etc, that went up stayed there and litters the mountain.

there are actually climbs organized just to clean up all that crap
11/4/09 12:41 AM
EVILYOSHIDA

this dude didn't die.

Yuichiro Miura
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Yuichiro Miura (?????, born October 12, 1932) is a Japanese alpinist who in 2003 became the oldest person to reach the summit of Mount Everest, aged 70. This record was later broken, but at 0733 local time on May 26th 2008 Yuichiro and team Miura successfully summited Mt Everest. Yuichiro was 75 years 7 months and 14 days old at the time.

Keizo Miura, notable alpinist and skier, is his father. Gouta Miura, freestyle skier and alpinist, is one of his sons. He reached the summit on May 22, 2003, at age 70 years and 222 days. This achievement is listed in the Guinness Book of Records. He also became the first person to ski on Mount Everest, when he descended nearly 2,400 m (8,000 ft) from the South Col (elevation over 8,000 m (26,000 ft)) in 1970. This feat was documented in 1975, in the film The Man Who Skied Down Everest.
11/4/09 12:51 AM
rbl
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've only been to 5600m but after about 4000 it's like you've got the flu or asthma, and it gets worse as you go up.
11/4/09 12:55 AM
jkd_guy
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
11/4/09 1:19 AM
str8right

lol.the first guy is smiling for the camera.On a serious note,they know the risks.If they go and never come back....fuck em.
11/4/09 1:21 AM
Pecker
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/4/09 1:29 AM
Gforce
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Scary thing is that Everest is actually a much safer climb than Annapurna or K2.

40% of those who attempt to climb Annapurna die during the ascent.
11/4/09 1:33 AM
Misoza
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

heavy
11/4/09 1:45 AM
LoganClark
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gforce - 
40% of those who attempt to climb Annapurna die during the ascent.

That just means that more people need to try. Gotta push the odds. Or create steps.
11/4/09 3:38 AM
Jesus Quintana

str8right - lol.the first guy is smiling for the camera.On a serious note,they know the risks.If they go and never come back....fuck em.

everything in life has its risks. this is like saying you would have no sympathy for a MMA fighter who dies in the ring. it is a silly way of thinking.
11/4/09 3:44 AM
BruceWayne23

whoa
11/4/09 4:01 AM
TexDeuce
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watched the discovery series on climbing Everest. I never understood the magnitude of the climb and how dangerous it really is. Some of you guys obviously have no idea how hard it really is to climb Everest. Just because the guys paid for the trip and equipment doesn't mean they can magically climb the mountain and everything is all good.
11/4/09 4:03 AM
sureshock

ttt
11/4/09 4:25 AM
ECWCock

That's a good way to go.
11/4/09 4:57 AM
dennis5
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
11/4/09 5:14 AM
homegrowncone
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pfffffffft... I wanna see someone climb DOWN the Mariana Trench, then I'll be impressed.

Also Kittenger would have base jumped that shit but they wouldn't let him.
11/4/09 5:51 AM
Vulva Fabulous
723 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is that just an unfortunate post that the one climber was stuck in at death, or is he really fapping away to heaven?

I remember having read somewhere that at the final moments of life when you are freezing to death and are lacking oxygen, your body becomes a furnace of sorts and you start to undress yourself in bitter cold conditions.  I wonder if that was the case and the climber started to undress and noticed his frozen wood.   He probably said "Oh fuck it, I might as well cum as I go" and started to pound his pud so he could create a pearly river and sail it to the pearly gates. 

Honestly, I'm guessing psycosis of sorts set in and he was really masterbating at the time of his death....and he's now forever frozen in an unfortunate pose......depending on your point of view.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.