UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> CAMP UNDEFEATED NYC - B.S.

11/4/09 10:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CCHEN326
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/24/09 11:28 PM

I have been training there for over a year and have fought under Aaron Fisher who is my Muay Thai instructor.First of all as of today Aaron no longer teaches there he was fired. The owner Laszlo Huve in my opinion has gotten delusional and is giving off the impression that he understands MMA and Muay Thai and even taught a few classes even though he has no experience in Muay Thai. Obviously this created a rift between the older students and Aaron.In all Honesty Aaron was the only good thing going for the gym. We all know a gym needs good trainers and a good squad of people to help run in it and make it grow. Now they are left with a owner who makes these cardshttp://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._7863906_n.jpghttp://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._1112083_n.jpgto show to people.I myself have friends who have joined the gym coming from other muay thai gyms and all say Aaron is a great trainer and person and very cool to hang out with. The gym was doing very well and we were slowly building our name and now this happens.I do not recommend joining them now and to look elsewhere.Yes the name is pompous and we all tried to get him to change it, but what can you do when a guy is delusional.Steve Koepfer who is president and co founder of the american sambo assoc. had rented the gym at the old location before and had bad experiences with the owner also.Here is a video of the owner and his EXPERTISEYouTube - How to Break Boards in Martial Arts : Breaking Boards with your Head in Martial Arts
11/4/09 10:17 PM
GaymidaGaydan
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Renzos, Five Points, Wat, or Ultimate Gym.
11/4/09 10:24 PM
CCHEN326
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/17/09 9:42 PM
-
11/4/09 10:46 PM
thefightnerd
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheFightNerd.com, Editor in Chief
 i did a vid on the gym last spring when Aaron was still teaching there and have not heard too many savory things about Laslzo since then from various people. Good luck finding somewhere new to train, aaron is awesome and once him and the rest of the team are gone, CU probably will not be lasting much longer. too bad, it was a nice space.
11/4/09 11:21 PM
siouxNYC
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
11/4/09 11:33 PM
lkfmdc
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People Lazlo has screwed over so far, Stephen Koepfer, Aaron, William Rivera... starting to get a little long...
11/4/09 11:38 PM
CCHEN326

-
11/4/09 11:38 PM
CCHEN326

lkfmdc - People Lazlo has screwed over so far, Stephen Koepfer, Aaron, William Rivera... starting to get a little long...

Mind telling me what happen with Rivera?
11/4/09 11:39 PM
lkfmdc
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Isn't this guy asking for Zuffa to sue him?

WTF is that card supposed to mean?
11/4/09 11:40 PM
lkfmdc

Oh, Willie is another great Muay Thai coach who was teaching in the original location. He also had some privates up in the Bronx near his house. Lazlo told him "you can't compete with my camp, so since you have students in the bronx, you are fired"... Lazlo then tried to hire Willie's student to run the program, but of course he had more loyalty than that...
11/4/09 11:44 PM
Train Judo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks legit to me, they are an official ufc dojo and mikey burnett teaches there! Sweet!
11/4/09 11:55 PM
lkfmdc

this looks really legit

pay $100 to try out for their fight team!
11/4/09 11:58 PM
Train Judo

Jesus why do I feel wrong for doing things like that?

Because I sure could use the 100.00's!
11/5/09 12:01 AM
lkfmdc

someone should just foward these images to ZUFFA... I'm pretty sure they will get smacked down HARD
11/5/09 12:02 AM
Train Judo

I'm sure zuffa doesnt care about some rinky dink gym..

Maybe they do, I just doubt it..
11/5/09 12:05 AM
lkfmdc

I'm pretty sure they'd take issue with using their tradename to promote your business.. I could be wrong, but I'd think yes
11/5/09 11:09 AM
CCHEN326

Edited: 11/18/09 9:00 AM
-
11/5/09 11:15 AM
Kakkarotto_san

This is heartbreaking to me.

I joined this gym ONLY because of Aaron. He's from Toledo, I'm from Detroit, and we both had experience with the great Thai boxer Matee from Warrior Way.

I haven't been into the gym for about 1.5 months due to an injury I'm trying to clear up, but just started feeling better and was going to get back soon.

I JUST signed a fucking 6 month contract for Muay Thai, and now that Aaron is gone, I'm furious.
11/5/09 11:16 AM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Train Judo - I'm sure zuffa doesnt care about some rinky dink gym..

Maybe they do, I just doubt it..

I'm sure they care about anyone infringing on their trademark/copyright, or otherwise using the UFC logo without their approval. Not saying they are, but if so, Zuffa will bitch-slap them.
11/5/09 11:22 AM
Pilot201
2002 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

perhaps someone should point the ZUFFA legal team in the direction of Laszlo. If he's so concerned with a trainer having students in the Bronx, then surely he'll understand ZUFFA's discontent with him using their name to further his gym.
11/5/09 11:23 AM
Kakkarotto_san

I know Aaron posts on here. I'd like to get his feedback into what the hell is going on.

If he leaves, I leave with him. But I just fucking lost $600 bucks....
11/5/09 11:31 AM
JoseyWales
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
11/5/09 11:47 AM
Kakkarotto_san

ttt
11/5/09 11:54 AM
CCHEN326

-
11/5/09 1:01 PM
SamboSteve

American Sambo Association, President
Not shocked at all unfortunately. Business as usual. Lazlo is certifiable...a wushu guy who thinks he knows mma. He usually manages to mess up anything good about his gym. I figured Aaron would eventually be a purge victim. That is really too bad because Aaron was the only good thing about that place (at least at the time I left there).

I started renting from Lazlo when he was still Energy Fitness, a brand new gym (not a fight gym). In two years, I saw him go from Energy fitness, to Premier Martial Arts, to Camp Undefeated. In that time he went through about 5 or 6 BJJ caoches, 3 MMA coaches, and now 2 MT coaches. He can't keep anyone good because he is really nuts, paranoid, and full of hair-brained ideas that only come to fruition in that fantastic mind of his. Either he fired people, or they quit. He is dishonest, with-holding, and paranoid. I used to chuckle to myself when he would try to teach or talk about coaching. The guy has no clue.

In the beginning, I tried to help him with his gym, but he never listens and looks to just take advantage of people. He is a user. He talks a good game to people that don't know him and can often smooth talk people into his schemes. But listen to him ramble a bit, try to actually work with the guy, and the real Lazlo shines through.

I feel sorry for Aaron's students. I hope he finds a new home soon and can get back to teaching.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.