UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Based on M-1's and Fedor's suit VS Affliction...

11/5/09 1:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CindyO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What are your thoughts now on WHY Trilogy was cancelled? Atencio and Showtime put it off on Barnett getting popped and their perceived notion that finding a replacement fighter was NOT a option in the end because they couldn't promote the new bout in time.

M-1 presents a different story in their lawsuit. Just wondering where UG'ers opinions of this situation fall. Thanks=)

Cindy
11/5/09 1:52 AM
edubbs
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would be helpful if you posted M-1's story...

Thanks.
11/5/09 1:55 AM
whitejoe
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whut?
11/5/09 2:12 AM
madmav
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

all i have to say is M-1 gets paid huge consulting fees which in turn pay fedor a salary seperate from what he draws in affliction or strikeforce or wherever...!  i'm sure that affliction broke sum of their agreements with M-1 but to claim that they got rogers released or free to fight when public record has coker stating that he wouldn't let rogers fight fedor.... is pure folly. somehow i don't think this will end up good for either M-1/fedor and affliction.. money trails are gonna have to be documented, tax records, financial statements ect ect... the IRS is hungry... and waiting. dangerous dangerous stuff.
11/5/09 2:18 AM
ECWCock

Russians are the new Japs...takin' over everything.
11/5/09 2:25 AM
Sudo21
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

maybe we should wait for the lawsuit to end?
11/5/09 2:32 AM
PrinceAlbert

madmav -  all i have to say is M-1 gets paid huge consulting fees which in turn pay fedor a salary seperate from what he draws in affliction or strikeforce or wherever...!  i'm sure that affliction broke sum of their agreements with M-1 but to claim that they got rogers released or free to fight when public record has coker stating that he wouldn't let rogers fight fedor.... is pure folly. somehow i don't think this will end up good for either M-1/fedor and affliction.. money trails are gonna have to be documented, tax records, financial statements ect ect... the IRS is hungry... and waiting. dangerous dangerous stuff.

Yep, possible that some doors will open here but I would think the lawyers and M-1 have the risk mitigation down and have somewhat of a case or else they wouldn't risk disclosure.
11/5/09 2:41 AM
FingerorMoon
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But even if Rogers was available, it isn't a replacement for Barnett. No one wants to watch that, and no one in their right mind would put that on as a legit main event...of wait.

Speaking of Barnett, where is he at the moment? Has he even commented on the whole situation?
11/5/09 3:39 AM
da Vinci 81
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will be interesting to hear Strikeforce's response considering Coker stated he would not have let Rogers take that fight.
11/5/09 6:17 AM
Lord Kancho
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
11/5/09 6:36 AM
frontrowbrian

Affliction was bleeding money, their clothing line sales was down at least 25% since being banned from UFC TV... they saw an opportunity to lose a little bit of money instead of losing a lot of money.

Barnett was the excuse to kill the show but pointing to him as the only reason is an oversimplification. It's well documented Atencio was begging out of Trilogy even before Barnett tested positive for steroids

I actually see M1's point. They were promised 3 fights and they got 2. Even if their consulting fee is ridiculous, Affliction agreed to it and should have carried out their obligation.

Problem is Affliction Entertainment doesn't exist anymore .. not sure how M1 can collect. All fails, they can put a Russian mob hit out on Todd Beard, the ex con who made a career of stealing money from the elderly with alzheimer's and dementia which I put at the same level of pedophelia.
11/5/09 10:35 AM
grafzep
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dollar for dollar
11/5/09 11:01 AM
orcus

At the time, the Affliction cheerleaders like to pretend that it was not Affliction's decision; that Showtime were the ones who pulled the show because they couldn't market the new opponent in time.

Now that Affliction is back with Zuffa, no doubt those same people will be quick to revise their original opinions and see Affliction as the scumbag villains of the situation. We already saw some of this in the other thread. It's funny to watch.
11/5/09 1:00 PM
CindyO

I would be shocked if Affliction doesn't counter. I wish I had bought that $10 popcorn the boyscouts were selling door to door two weeks ago=)

Cindy
11/5/09 1:04 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1751 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a half-assed, fly-by-night, filthy attorney, why am I not interested in all in these legal shenanigans? Anyone?

I just want to see Fedor standing in the ring pre-fight this weekend, looking like a depressed pudgy guy who is about to get kicked off at the tail end of The Biggest Loser.
11/5/09 1:07 PM
MuchRespec'
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm with 2Jups here, I just wanted to see the fight (Fedor v Barnnett), still do! Lawyer ball does NOT interest me. Why should I care who's 'fault' it is? The fight didn't happen, that's a bummer, off to the gym...
11/5/09 1:13 PM
CindyO

Edited: 11/05/09 1:14 PM
bismanfightclub - 
Monsters Ball - 
orcus -  At the time, the Affliction cheerleaders like to pretend that it was not Affliction's decision; that Showtime were the ones who pulled the show because they couldn't market the new opponent in time.

Now that Affliction is back with Zuffa, no doubt those same people will be quick to revise their original opinions and see Affliction as the scumbag villains of the situation. We already saw some of this in the other thread. It's funny to watch.

Being a Zuffa shill you probably can't understand the concept of supporting one decision that a company makes and not supporting another decision that they make. It probably eludes you because you are pretty much a yes man for anything Dana says. Carry on.

careful MB, she will have another "seizure" that lasts for a month again if you clown her too bad.

Number one, asshole, read to whom he posted.

Number two, asshole, I have the first of four surgeries Friday to even begin to get a grip on this disorder and you would make a joke about someones health???

Number three, asshole, FUCK YOU! And this is only the second time I have EVER used that word in its written form on this or any other board because I dislike it so much.

You are a low-life, IMO.

Cindy 
11/5/09 1:21 PM
Redneck
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TapouT Radio, Token Aussie
bismanfightclub - 

careful MB, she will have another "seizure" that lasts for a month again if you clown her too bad.

Wow, not cool man, not cool.
11/5/09 1:22 PM
ECWCock

bismanfightclub - 
CindyO - 
bismanfightclub - 
Monsters Ball - 
orcus -  At the time, the Affliction cheerleaders like to pretend that it was not Affliction's decision; that Showtime were the ones who pulled the show because they couldn't market the new opponent in time.

Being a Zuffa shill you probably can't understand the concept of supporting one decision that a company makes and not supporting another decision that they make. It probably eludes you because you are pretty much a yes man for anything Dana says. Carry on.

Number one, asshole, read to whom he posted.

Number two, asshole, I have the first of four surgeries Friday to even begin to get a grip on this disorder and you would make a joke about someones health???

Number three, asshole, FUCK YOU! And this is only the second time I have EVER used that word in its written form on this or any other board because I dislike it so much.

You are a low-life, IMO.

Cindy 

you had a "seizure that kept you offline for months.  I know people who have seizures and it doesn't keep them out of action for weeks, that would be closer to a stroke.  The fact is you got your ass handed to you and went into hiding.
You must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night with those doctoring skills!

11/5/09 1:23 PM
humphrey sphinctermuscle

Edited: 11/05/09 1:34 PM
I believe that the affliction/UFC merger was known well in advance, like right after the UFC event prior when Tom flew out and met with Dana. there's no other reason for them to meet. At all.

And when Barnett failed his drug test, tom saw an easy way to jump out and save himself millions. But he already had the deal sewn up with the UFC. that's obvious.

I wanted Affliction to succeed. Very much so. i was staunchly supporting them. But the way that deal went down was so obviously planned.

unless someone can hold a straight face and tell me that Tom called and canceled the event, then hung up and called dana, with no lawyers, no negotiations and no meeting made a deal to completely fold into the UFC.

that's what would have to have happened based on the timeline given. the ufc merger was announced like 3 hours after the cancelation of the event was announced.
11/5/09 1:24 PM
McSlugga

This could get good. Still waiting on those leaked Fedor contract fuzzy numbers..
11/5/09 1:25 PM
humphrey sphinctermuscle

Edited: 11/05/09 1:25 PM
bismanfightclub - 
Monsters Ball - 

You're a grade-A fucking idiot.
11/5/09 1:28 PM
cristianjp

bismanfightclub - 
Monsters Ball - 

Damn dude, that's not cool.
11/5/09 1:29 PM
JimmersonzGlove
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bismanfightclub - 
Monsters Ball - 

VTFD
11/5/09 1:30 PM
Elias Cepeda
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bismanfightclub, fact is you are a coward that hides behind a computer and a screen name. Everyone can have different opinions and stances and still co-exist on this board. Only peons like yourself take it to a personal level.

Today would be a great day for you to get kicked in the stomach. Wish I got to do it

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.