Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Xtina
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what?
11/6/09 7:08 PM
goku

u know...you have a closing for a transaction..and the lazy asses that do not do any of the work (ie clients and partners) want to have 10 status update calls everyday to make themsleves feel better about not doing any work...and you are no better off after the status update call because you still have to do all the work that you already knew you had to do before the call...bascially all the status update call did was make you waste the time you should have spent taking care of closing items
11/6/09 11:48 PM
Xtina

nope, sorry.
11/9/09 12:59 PM
goku

thank you
11/10/09 1:23 AM
Xtina

but then, i currently have NO work, so status update calls sound ok.
11/10/09 10:48 AM
goku

didnt you already make your hours? i wish i was in your position

in my department we are so lean at the associate level one large deal will basically kill all associates

so the head of the department basically told me if i want a bonus i better work my ass off to make my hours..(2000 minimum and i billed 200+ hours in 4 of last 5 months)..
11/10/09 1:02 PM
Xtina

new financial year started in october. 

looks like i'll be keeping myself busy today by writing an article about bilski.  sigh.

11/13/09 12:10 PM
goku

I WANT TO PUNCH SOMEBODY!!! STFU WITH THE STATUS UPDATES ASSHOLES!!! IM TRYING TO GET WORK DONE!!!!!111
11/13/09 1:30 PM
Xtina

trade ya - i have yet to bill an hour this week.
11/13/09 4:08 PM
MMA Sports Agent

I would steal your jobs in a fucking heart beat. Both at the same time; WHILE burning the candle at both ends AND rubbing two sticks together to make a fire. Seriously, I lust for employment. Skadden doesn't seem to understand that they NEED me...
11/13/09 4:29 PM
goku

MMA Sports Agent - I would steal your jobs in a fucking heart beat. Both at the same time; WHILE burning the candle at both ends AND rubbing two dicks together to make a fire. Seriously, I lust for employment. Skadden doesn't seem to understand that they NEED me...

LOL@wanting to go to skadden...u have a death wish????
11/13/09 9:06 PM
MMA Sports Agent

goku - 
MMA Sports Agent - I would steal your jobs in a fucking heart beat. Both at the same time; WHILE burning the candle at both ends AND rubbing two dicks together to make a fire. Seriously, I lust for employment. Skadden doesn't seem to understand that they NEED me...

LOL@wanting to go to skadden...u have a death wish????

For $.16 million in salary as an entry associate they can kill me slowly with dental equipment applied to the balls. Plus, I like FERC Order 888 compliance stuff. ERISA makes me slightly erect as well.

I look up to Patrick Bateman and Skadden seems like a firm full of Patrick Batemans; I guess I feel that I'd fit right in. Have you listened to the new Huey Lewis and the News album? Billing 90 hours a week is possible... with Genesis mix tapes.

[/AutoAdmit rant]
11/14/09 12:34 AM
MMA Sports Agent

turducken - And you don't want to go to Skadden. Cravath is more prestigious. Wachtell is all douches.

Three words: Morgan, Lewis & Bockius
11/14/09 12:35 AM
MMA Sports Agent

Two more: Pillsbury Winthorp
11/14/09 12:36 AM
MMA Sports Agent

Parting shot: Winston Strawn
11/14/09 12:39 AM
MMA Sports Agent

DAMN YOU BERNARD MADOFF! An AmLaw 100 firm was supposed to scoop me up right out of law school. But noooooooooo you and those fucks at AIG, Bear Stearns, Lehman, BOA, Wachovia and the rest had to send the DJIA into the 6200s during my 3L year. Thanks assholes, legal aide looks fucking GREAT.

I fucking hate criminals and criminal law!
11/14/09 12:40 AM
MMA Sports Agent

*Wallows in self pity*
11/16/09 8:35 AM
conviser
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Sports Agent - *Wallows in self pity*

You could waive into D.C. and try your luck down there. It worked for a couple of my friends, but this was a few years back.

Good luck with your job search, in any event.
11/16/09 11:11 AM
Fake Pie
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Skadden is full of douches with very few exceptions.
11/16/09 1:37 PM
goku

patrick bateman is alpha...lawyers are the very definition of beta...you are a BITCH...even when you are a big shot partner...you are still someone else's BITCH
11/17/09 11:12 AM
MMA Sports Agent

Edited: 11/17/09 11:12 AM
conviser - MMA Sports Agent - *Wallows in self pity*You could waive into D.C. and try your luck down there. It worked for a couple of my friends, but this was a few years back.Good luck with your job search, in any event.Thanks but I didn't break 133 on the MBE, and I am in NYC for the indefinite future. I had work lined up in DC lobbying congress but then my wife got into Columbia. Fake Pie - Skadden is full of douches with very few exceptions.Dude, $.16 million; I'd work for TapouT pre-death-of-Mask for that amount of money.goku - patrick bateman is alpha...lawyers are the very definition of beta...you are a BITCH...even when you are a big shot partner...you are still someone else's BITCHI'm aware of this and can handle it, I need cold hard mother fucking cash. An attorney is always his client's bitch and I've dealt with some real douchebag gatekeeping cunts in prior employment, now I'm just trying to get paid. Even Patrick Bateman can't get reservations at some restaurants.
11/17/09 11:13 AM
MMA Sports Agent

WTF, edit pwned.
11/24/09 4:19 PM
Xtina

goddammit, i'm supposed to leave to visit the 'rents for the holiday, and NOW they want to give me work?  psh.
11/24/09 5:50 PM
goku

lol...refer to fake pie's drawing

during normal working hours, the partners and senior associates will take the work themselves leaving you with nothing to do.... but the expectation of course is that you still be present and willing to work at all times

when its a shit project (ie  after hours, weekends, shitty client, a rush project, or a holiday)  the partners and senior associates will allow the shit to stream downhill to you

congrats!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.