UnderGround Forums

Australasia UnderGround >> ADCCpro Gi....who is competing?

11/5/09 7:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sputniik
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As the title reads who is giving it a go this year? which black belts are giving this one a crack?

I know Hodge from SCJJA is
Dave Hart from dominance
Talgat as well.
If Carlos Portugues' Visa papers are cleared in time he willbe there
anyone else

Paulo G???
Thiago Braga?
Gustavo Pinto?
daniel Lima?
Mick wilson?
what about browns and purples?
11/6/09 6:48 AM
walbjj
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i highly doubt that portugues will be competing, unless ur talking about the non pro event. its open to citizens, and as far as i know, he hasnt been in the country 2 years, let alone the time required to get citizenship.

paulo wont be doing it as far as i have heard, he was away for a long time overseas.
guga has had a recurring back injury and wont be competing.
big mick will be ready to go, as will angus friend, who recently cleaned up at the panpacs and received an overdue brown belt. i heard a few de been guys will be in it as well.
11/6/09 6:54 AM
Muzz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No way Carlos can compete. You need to be here for four years before you can get permanent residency, and then you need to wait 12 months before you can attempt citizenship.

I know this how? I wanted to compete, and can't coz not an Ozzie citizen. So I have to fly to NZ.....
11/6/09 7:11 AM
sputniik
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok I was under the impression that since he is married to an Australian, citizenship was fast tracked?
11/6/09 8:03 AM
walbjj
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no, one of our brazo teammates married an australian almost 2 years ago, no citizenship yet
11/6/09 8:05 AM
walbjj

Edited: 11/06/09 8:13 AM
Muzz - No way Carlos can compete. You need to be here for four years before you can get permanent residency, and then you need to wait 12 months before you can attempt citizenship.I know this how? I wanted to compete, and can't coz not an Ozzie citizen. So I have to fly to NZ.....are u sure about this, cos one of out guys is a kiwi and competed earlier this year and lost to mick in the finals and also competed inteh adcc no gi. he was under the impression that its oceania and hence open to all in that area
11/6/09 8:08 AM
dojo stormer
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

there's no fast tracking of citizenships that i'm aware of. i have a few brazo girls who work for me who have married australian residents and the procedures required are lengthy to say the least.

it's a fucking hassle as well especially when i have to write a recommendation for them and say what an awesome couple they are....FML
11/6/09 10:40 AM
geraldbb
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*raises hand*

I'm in, and another SHW Purple Belt is coming from WA, Rory Cubitt.

I think I read somewhere that Dan Cherubin is competing also?
11/6/09 6:10 PM
Goodo

This is sounding like a pretty entertaining day I wish I could get up there for look. Good luck to everyone competing.

And can someone pass on my congrats to Angus on getting his Brown Belt. Def deserves it and a good bloke to match.
11/6/09 9:48 PM
Muzz

Walbjj,

Adcc is different to the Abu Dhabi Pro. The Adcc trials here are Australasian/Oceanic (NZ has it's own trials usually to decide who they will send here to represent them in the Australasian trials). The Abu Dhabi Pro has differentiated the two regions, there are NZ qualifiers which you HAVE to be a NZ citizen for, just like the sydney trials, you HAVE to be an Australian citizen. I was told I could compete in sydney, but if I won and I didn't have an Australian passport (which you need citizenship for obviously) they'd give it to whoever came 2nd, 3rd whatever.... the best place getter with an Ozzie passport goes.

dojo stormer

Yes it is a hassle. I've been here 7 yrs and so am able to apply, but it's stupidly expensive and a lengthy process... No time!
11/6/09 9:51 PM
Muzz

walbjj,

out of interest, last year there were no Kiwi trials, they just invited one Brazilian from NZ, Douglas Santos. He is know the guy holding the trials this year.
11/7/09 12:17 AM
BjjSchoolGirl

I'll be there competing.
11/7/09 4:17 AM
walbjj

Muzz - walbjj,

out of interest, last year there were no Kiwi trials, they just invited one Brazilian from NZ, Douglas Santos. He is know the guy holding the trials this year.

u could also pay ur own way there if u wanted, stump up the airfare and accom and the entry fee and u could compete. thiago braga did this and he got to compete against the winner tarsis humphreys
11/7/09 4:28 AM
walbjj

BjjSchoolGirl - I'll be there competing.

any idea on how many females there will be, i doubt there would be many
11/7/09 4:50 AM
sputniik

Ok it took 9 months for my best mates Mrs to get her PR in aus. not 4 years.

come to think of it she had a skilled migrant visa... she is a Physiotherapist.

ANyway good luck to all those competing! I should be a great day!
11/7/09 6:11 AM
dojo stormer

oscar, that's PR which is piss easy compared to CITIZENSHIP. i have girls who work for me who have their masters in accounting and they get their PR's in 30 days because australia needs accountants.

the fucked thing is these girls pay exorbitant education fees to get overqualified for entry level bean counting positions.

i also know some brazos who did the chef qualification and it took them over 12 months to get their PR, even though australia needs culinary experts.

same amount of points required, different amount of time to get PR. the system is fucked. but that can be said about everything.

now, back to the thread, who is competing?
11/13/09 7:13 AM
geraldbb

Weigh in is tomorrow. I was wrong Cherubin isn't coming.
11/14/09 2:50 AM
geraldbb

Elvis is not competing. Perosh made weight at 92kg.

Only 4 guys in the PBB 95kg+. I got Graham Waerea first match, winner gets to match the winner of Mick Wilson vs Rory Cubitt.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.