UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> non contact order dissmissal help!

11/6/09 2:39 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AhYeAh
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

me and my girlfriend got into a domestic dispute few weeks ago and the cops came, she scratched me and the police asked me if i wanted to press charges. I said no we will can work this out. 1 week goes by she gets a letter in her mail saying she has to report for court because she is being charged by the state for assault 4. She goes into court and they hand her a non contact order to not contact me.

Now we have a child togther who is a one year old and we do not live togther. I dont want us miss out on the holidays and we both know we can work this out w/ counciling etc.

so how do i get this no contact order removed?
11/10/09 10:17 PM
GladiatorGannon
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does the order itself have appeal info on it? In my state, the process is described on the order. Also, if possible, have the order modified to "No abuse" instead of "No contact" - Once someone realizes how easy it is to destroy someone's life with one of these things, you want to be protected yourself in case her temper flares again.
11/11/09 1:18 AM
AhYeAh
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/11/09 1:27 AM
GladiatorGannon - Does the order itself have appeal info on it? In my state, the process is described on the order. Also, if possible, have the order modified to "No abuse" instead of "No contact" - Once someone realizes how easy it is to destroy someone's life with one of these things, you want to be protected yourself in case her temper flares again.

thx Sean

There is no appeal info on it I went in talked to the court clerk she gave me some appeal papers to fill out. But since shes now in pre trial I was told it would be highly unlikely it will get turned over due to her past not only with me

Sean I sent u a pm

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.