UnderGround Forums

SBGI >> Thoughts on Systema?

11/7/09 12:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lechernich
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Matt,

I saw(on youtube) that you gave a seminar at Kevin Secours school in Montreal awhile back. Obviously you were there to teach SBG material but I'm curious to know if you had the chance to workout with Kevin systema-style or talk about it at all?
11/7/09 12:35 PM
Jorx
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

-crickets-
11/7/09 5:25 PM
Lechernich

I know it's a touchy subject for some people, but is it wrong to ask?
11/11/09 3:04 PM
Matt Thornton
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are you a student of Kevins? If so, I'd ask him. If not, and your interested in his opinion on it, I would contact him.

Alive training either is, or isn't. The particular nature of the technique doesn't matter. Do we still have to wonder if something works based on "style"? From what I have seen of Systema it would be just as practical as Tae Kwon Do, or Preying Mantis style.
11/11/09 3:39 PM
Lechernich

Not a student. Not looking fot a style vs style or he-said-she-said debate either. The reason to ask you personally is because you were at his school and I wondered what you might think of systema if you'd had the chance to work out with Kevin or discuss it on that level.

So, did you?
11/12/09 5:31 PM
Matt Thornton
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From what I have seen of Systema it would be just as practical as Tae Kwon Do, or Preying Mantis style.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.