UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> New Little Guitar

11/8/09 11:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hillbilly
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/08/09 11:30 PM

Recently bought an Art and Luthier AMI made by Godin for $122.00 on ebay. Cherry back and sides with solid cedar top. It`s a parlor or "0" size. Great little finger picker for blues and has a very loud bark for such a cheap little guitar..
Here is a clip:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8328946

and pic:

http://i2.tinypic.com/vhg6xz.jpg
11/11/09 11:55 AM
Racer X
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks cool. That satin finish will be tough to keep up, though. They start showing shine where you touch them often. It looks good when that happens, makes it look PLAYED!
11/11/09 6:46 PM
whaledog
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/11/09 11:21 PM
You can definitely hear that it's a small guitar, and I like it!  Great buy.

BTW, "You Got Someting There" sounds suspicously similar to "Diddie Wah Diddie"  :)

-Jeff

11/11/09 10:01 PM
Hillbilly
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/11/09 10:01 PM
Yeah it`s showing pickwear on the soft cedar top already too, I hate the looks of pickguards but I might have to get one. Anything I can do where the thin finish has worn through? Krylon?lol

whaledog* It`s a great little rag guitar and mainly what I bought it for, Yes Something There is like Diddie Wah Diddie, which I play too, but everybody and their dog plays Diddie Wah Diddie. I tend to look for the obscure tunes even if they are a variation of another tune. Not uncommon for old blues guys from the same region to play similar styles and songs, plus Blind Blake was a big star on the Race Record scene and probably played alot on the radio influencing LOTS of later Blues guys. Big Bill`s early songs sound alot like Blind Blake because even though Blind Blake was from the Piedmont area (Fla) most of his recordings were done in CHicago. Some of Louis Armstrong`s Hot 5 and Hot 7 recordings from the mid 20`s have Blind Blake and Papa Charlie Jackson on them all recorded in Chicago.
11/11/09 11:21 PM
whaledog
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hillbilly - whaledog* It`s a great little rag guitar and mainly what I bought it for, Yes Something There is like Diddie Wah Diddie, which I play too, but everybody and their dog plays Diddie Wah Diddie. I tend to look for the obscure tunes even if they are a variation of another tune. Not uncommon for old blues guys from the same region to play similar styles and songs, plus Blind Blake was a big star on the Race Record scene and probably played alot on the radio influencing LOTS of later Blues guys. Big Bill`s early songs sound alot like Blind Blake because even though Blind Blake was from the Piedmont area (Fla) most of his recordings were done in CHicago. Some of Louis Armstrong`s Hot 5 and Hot 7 recordings from the mid 20`s have Blind Blake and Papa Charlie Jackson on them all recorded in Chicago.

You're absolutely right about perople making variatons of known tunes.  Even Robert Johnson 'borrowed' a couple.  In fact, I don't know who wrote a lot of those old blues songs, I just know whose version I've heard.

BTW, I play a version of Diddie Wah Diddie, but I'd roll over if my dog joined in.  :)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.