UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Alleged comments made by Ben RothwellpostUFC FALSE

11/9/09 10:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Xain
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There was an article written "Ben Rothwell blasts Steve Mazzagatti's stoppage" that was a complete fabrication being posted on forums by:

CageReport.net - MMA, UFC, news, interviews and more

Please visit them, scroll down, and read the retraction. Both cagereport.net and Latest MMA News Now wrote articles that were untrue. I did not give an interview or comments to either website yet they quote me in the article.

I am speaking to an attorney because this type of slander must be stopped, for everyone's sake. Otherwise pros will shut there doors to media even more, which just hurts the fans.

I do want to take this time to thank all the fans and supporters, and I want to apologise that someone in the MMA media would do this. In the end, it just hurts all of us.
Ben R
11/9/09 10:31 PM
Thomas Hamilton
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was a bad stoppage big guy.
11/9/09 10:32 PM
ErikT
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow
11/9/09 10:37 PM
Canada1

i met ben rothwell down at strikeforce 2 days ago before i flew back to toronto , he was the nicest fighter i met the whole time we talked for 5 minutes and i was stupid drunk, was surprised when i mentioned crocop but still the guy is misrepresented by the media and what ive seen , he was really cool and did not seem like the guy that you see in the interviews
11/9/09 10:41 PM
surfing
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where's the UG mob when we need it?
11/9/09 10:42 PM
BJJkilla
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

surprised mmabay didn't break the mazagatti story first
11/9/09 10:43 PM
nofatchicks

it would be libel not slander and it was a bad stoppage.
11/9/09 10:45 PM
ECWCock

Ben, please tell Kirik to fix the UG.

Thx.
11/9/09 10:50 PM
Bill Pharoni
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow
This rumor took off pretty good then.

I get my news from the greatest filter on the internet, commonly known as the UG.
11/9/09 10:56 PM
Haywood Jablowme

Edited: 11/09/09 11:38 PM
Edited for a classy move by Rothwell.

11/9/09 10:58 PM
Pinback
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty sure OMA is behind this.
11/9/09 11:03 PM
humphrey sphinctermuscle

Haywood Jablowme -  That's odd, Xain vehemently DENIED being Ben Rothwell in the Joe Jordan/Ref thread.  So is it you or not Ben?

Ding ding! Someone caught that. awesome.
11/9/09 11:06 PM
AOmonsta
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i've never seen this screen name b4. thought it stood for Cain, but that wouldn't make any sense.
11/9/09 11:31 PM
Xain
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
11/9/09 11:35 PM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Xain - There was an article written "Ben Rothwell blasts Steve Mazzagatti's stoppage" that was a complete fabrication being posted on forums by:

CageReport.net - MMA, UFC, news, interviews and more

Please visit them, scroll down, and read the retraction. Both cagereport.net and Latest MMA News Now wrote articles that were untrue. I did not give an interview or comments to either website yet they quote me in the article.

I am speaking to an attorney because this type of slander must be stopped, for everyone's sake. Otherwise pros will shut there doors to media even more, which just hurts the fans.

I do want to take this time to thank all the fans and supporters, and I want to apologise that someone in the MMA media would do this. In the end, it just hurts all of us.
Ben R

This stuff is ridiculous and has no place in the sport. People making up false statements and writing what they feel like writing. Not cool! These ppl are obviously just trying to start drama and draw attention to themselves. I think legal action should be taken to help put an end to this crap. TTT
11/9/09 11:36 PM
fortheloveofMMA

pretty fucked up they did that.
11/9/09 11:43 PM
Haywood Jablowme

That sucks when media runs wild.  The news is always interested in a story, true or not, as long as it makes a headline and sells copy (See Kimo Leopoldo vs. Beau Taylor).  It doesn't matter whether people said what they are alleged to have said, or it is patently false, as long as it generates attention they will print it.

Good luck in your fight against those douchenozzles Ben.  I hope you were able to pass the message on to Mazzagatti somehow, it would suck to have a undeserved, hidden bias against you in an upcoming fight.
11/9/09 11:50 PM
damaebushi
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought garbage like that stopped years ago.  Sorry to hear it still goes on.  I remember back after UFC 2 I read all kinds of things I "said" in "interviews".  Trouble was, the authors were people I never talked to in interviews I never gave.   Figured as the sport grew, the coverage would improve.  Sucks that this happened to Ben.  The little I have been around him, he is a hell of a decent guy, and I have watched him @ Pat's and know how hard he works.

Respectfully:

Fred
11/9/09 11:51 PM
Hollywood Blonde

Ben, what name did you used to post under? I remember you posting on a thread here years about regarding your fight with Ibragim Magomedov.
11/10/09 12:52 AM
Xain

Hollywood Blonde - Ben, what name did you used to post under? I remember you posting on a thread here years about regarding your fight with Ibragim Magomedov.

No i dont remember????
Thanks everybody for the support though
11/10/09 12:58 AM
Kirik
1365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, President
 ttt
11/10/09 1:01 AM
CindyO

I want to see a rematch of Ben VS Roy Nelson.

Cindy
11/10/09 1:03 AM
NHB USA

ttt
11/10/09 1:03 AM
Xain

Thats great Cindy, thank you for your input
11/10/09 1:32 AM
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings
 fake news must die!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.