UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Buffer: The UFC doesn't need Fedor, he needs them

11/10/09 11:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BigWilliam
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nog got handled? He's 3-1 in the UFC with his only loss being shortly after being hospitalized for staph and having a fucked up knee. Also he just whooped Handy and submitted former champ Tim Sylvia.
11/10/09 11:24 AM
Boldar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bruce Buffer - Hello All:

Before you all go wild with posts by just reading the quote written in the thread name... listen and you will hear me say that "Fedor is a great fighter..." which I truly believe... what I was touching on at that moment is that the UFC and Dana would put millions behind him to make him one of the most famous men is sports within one year as they have the international brand exposure, dollars and marketing genius to do so aside from the fame they would create far beyond CBS efforts for his fame to the non-nucleus of hard core MMA fans here in the USA.

My answer with this quote was from a marketing standpoint mostly plus I would enjoy him being on the Octagon. But if it doesn't happen, it will not affect the rocket international growth and plans of the UFC. Therefore yes, "Fedor needs the UFC more than the UFC needs Fedor...".

Cheers to all!

BB

www.BufferZone.net
It's ok Bruce.  Some people just have to have their drama, even if they need to create it themselves.

Those in touch with reality know what you meant with the comment and that is absolutely true.  The problem is that Fedor just doesn't seem to care and has other priorities.
11/10/09 12:25 PM
CindyO

BigWilliam - The simple truth is he doesn't need the UFC and they don't really need him either. That is why the contract never gets signed.

Exactly!

Cindy
11/10/09 12:29 PM
pierrot lunaire

CindyO - 
BigWilliam - The simple truth is he doesn't need the UFC and they don't really need him either. That is why the contract never gets signed.

Exactly!

Cindy

Vadim and Fedor and doing very well for themselves by bankrupting every fight organization they contract with. They don't need Dana as long as there are more suckers out there.
11/10/09 12:42 PM
hbjj

LibertyForGranted - 
All top 15 HWs. I think Barnett beats any UFC HW any day, btw.

Like...Crocop?
11/10/09 12:46 PM
EckY
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you work for UFC dont talk about Fedor unless you have soemthing nice to say, it just makes you look a little pathetic.
11/10/09 1:03 PM
mawashi_giri

Spaghetti Legs - Fedor has no guard.

He is a good all around fighter but not great.

OK I think this is just stupid. Why does he need a guard when he armbars the shit out of people when he gets to his back? A record of 31-1-0 and he's just "OK" because he has no guard?
11/10/09 1:23 PM
Frontin
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Fedor wants to continue his MMA career then BB is right. Fedor needs Ufc "MORE THAN" Ufc needs Fedor.

Say in Fedors next fight, he puts on a poor performance, loses or even worse, gets KOed. It would be devastating to his reputation. What if he loses 2 in a row? How many companies would still want him as their posterboy? Would he be able to earn the same amount as he would if he were in the UFC? Think about Kimbo and Chuck Liddell, not the headliners they once were.

If the UFC were to put on 2 horrible shows in a row, their reputation would not be tarnished as much as Fedor's if he were to lose.

This makes sense in my head at least.
11/10/09 1:39 PM
SOO72

skibby - I feel sorry for Brock more than anything. He's in MMA to test himself against the best, and he knows he can't do that unless he leaves the UFC, which he probably can't until he loses at least once, which would then make people question whether he deserves the shot.

Fighting should be about the fighters, not a fucking brand. Nobody cares if Brock fights Fedor in the UFC, Strikeforce, or in the dairy queen parking lot, as long as they fight.

I don't give a shit about the UFC. I don't care if they fold. If them folding means all the top fighters face each other, I hope it happens today.

Brock bitched about sponsorship money after the second Mir fight. Money is why he went to the WWE instead of pursuing other options out of College.

No problem with that but don't try to make it out like he's Fedor.
11/10/09 1:42 PM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bruce is a ZUFFA/UFC employee.....So, why are we even paying attention to any of this ? ? ?
11/10/09 1:43 PM
Kocksuckio
493 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Monsters Ball - Lame thread.
I don't mean to meddle in anyone's business, but that's kind of messed up considering Crooklyn had bought you a blue name a while back, no?

11/10/09 1:50 PM
Wasa-B
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its Bruce Buffer, guys.
11/10/09 1:50 PM
Kocksuckio
493 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol After reading this entire thread, I have to say that it is one of the most entertaining ones that I have read in a long time.
11/10/09 2:14 PM
Crooklyn
698 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TapouT Radio, Redneck Support Team
Kocksuckio - 
Monsters Ball - Lame thread.
I don't mean to meddle in anyone's business, but that's kind of messed up considering Crooklyn had bought you a blue name a while back, no?

Yet, here he is, 5 pages later, laming up this thread.  You can also find him extolling the virtues of buying one's own pro membership, even though his current blue was paid for by MrZiplokk.  He has never paid for his own.
11/10/09 2:16 PM
humphrey sphinctermuscle

OK so what your'e inferring is you thought paying him would make him stop posting in your threads.

so you're upset that you didn't buy his leniency? wtf?
11/10/09 2:31 PM
Crooklyn
698 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

humphrey sphinctermuscle - OK so what your'e inferring is you thought paying him would make him stop posting in your threads.

I replied directly to what Kostakio said.  I couldn't care less where MB posts, although it strikes me as pretty funny that he would continue to post in a thread he considers lame, when he's the first person to tell someone to leave a thread if they don't like it.  The only reason he considers it lame is because he's anti Zuffa to the point of being a mental case on the subject. 

I don't care what people do with the blue once I pay for it.  I've bought them for trolls that burned it within a week.  I've bought them for people that absolutely despise me.  My point in saying what I did was to illustrate yet another moment in hypocrisy ala Monsters Ball.
11/10/09 2:48 PM
Crooklyn

Monsters Ball - 
Crooklyn - 
humphrey sphinctermuscle - OK so what your'e inferring is you thought paying him would make him stop posting in your threads.

I replied directly to what Kostakio said.  I couldn't care less where MB posts, although it strikes me as pretty funny that he would continue to post in a thread he considers lame, when he's the first person to tell someone to leave a thread if they don't like it.  The only reason he considers it lame is because he's anti Zuffa to the point of being a mental case on the subject. 

I don't care what people do with the blue once I pay for it.  I've bought them for trolls that burned it within a week.  I've bought them for people that absolutely despise me.  My point in saying what I did was to illustrate yet another moment in hypocrisy ala Monsters Ball.

You've brought up that blue name or my current one about 4 different times now. It's kind of weird and made me feel like I had some obligation to you. That's partially why I PM-ed you and offered to give it back to you or else buy somebody else a blue name of your choice. So there is quite a load of hypocrisy in what you are saying.

Nevertheless, back on topic.
No MB, I've responded to others bringing it up.  Act like a douche, get treated like one.  Show me where I specifically initiated a post about buying your blue name.  We both know I never have.  I've only responded to other posts questioning it.  And there's the real meat.  It's always in regards to you spreading your dumbfuckery around.  

You pm'd me about "paying it forward" because myself and Zippy paid for the only two blue names you've ever had.  I declined your offer because I'm sure your finiancial situation is hard enough without the added burden of $50 being thrown in.  And you never did pay it forward.  You were too happy to rest on the laurels of "making the effort."  Continue your leechery.  It's what you're good at.

11/10/09 2:54 PM
Ramsey

Who's talking about Fedor other than people on MMA sites?
11/10/09 3:01 PM
Zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/10/09 3:12 PM
Crooklyn

Monsters Ball - 
Crooklyn - No MB, I've responded to others bringing it up.  Act like a douche, get treated like one.  Show me where I specifically initiated a post about buying your blue name.  We both know I never have.  I've only responded to other posts questioning it.  And there's the real meat.  It's always in regards to you spreading your dumbfuckery around.  

You pm'd me about "paying it forward" because myself and Zippy paid for the only two blue names you've ever had.  I declined your offer because I'm sure your finiancial situation is hard enough without the added burden of $50 being thrown in.  And you never did pay it forward.  You were too happy to rest on the laurels of "making the effort."  Continue your leechery.  It's what you're good at.

Yes I came to you first to "pay it forward" because you had begun to make me feel creepy about you ever having bought me a blue name. I never asked you to buy it and I certainly didn't need to be reminded by you that you did buy me one one time.

Once again I find the need to call you a stone cold liar for saying I didn't follow through. Maybe you should check your facts first before constantly saying stupid shit. You probably don't think I followed through because unlike you I had no need to broadcast it to the world like you use to. Remember when you used to post lists of everyone you bought blue names for? Pretty pathetic.

Anyway I tried to pay you back for the blue name you bought just so you could finally shut up about it. I regret you ever having done it.
It was a contest for blue names when I gave you yours.  You most certainly did ask for it.  You're keen on calling people liars when you can't produce proof of your accusations.  Now it's time for you to produce proof that you followed through with paying it forward.  You feeling "creepy" is probably just a mainstay of your warped personality.  If you're a creep, you generally feel creepy.  I never say shit about buying your blue unless someone else brings it up.  You're dismissed, creeperton.

11/10/09 3:16 PM
Redneck
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TapouT Radio, Token Aussie
Crooklyn -    The only reason he considers it lame is because he's anti Zuffa to the point of being a mental case on the subject. 

Amen
11/10/09 3:23 PM
Kirkmcquest

What the hell does Buffer know?
11/10/09 3:25 PM
Crooklyn

Hey, I like to jack my dick too.  Sue me.  
11/10/09 3:29 PM
Zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ Depends on to whom it is attached.

11/10/09 3:45 PM
Crooklyn

IrishRottie - awesome thread crooklyn ;)

Thanks!  Don't tell MB.  He says it's lame.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.