UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> The Walking Dead

11/11/09 6:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NeoSpartan
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone else reading this book? I kept sporadically catching them every couple of months but I just sat down and read 1-66. Holy shit this is an amazing series. I'm looking for some more good Image titles to read cause this one has SERIOUSLY impressed me. If they ever decide to make this book into a TV show it'll be easy as FUCK. Every couple of issues reads just like a 1 hr tv show equipped with cliff hangers and everything. It's fucking beautiful! I think it would ideally be on HBO to really capture the grittiness and violence of the book. They throw in some tit's every episode or two and it'll be perfect. I think it would actually PWN true-blood as a series.
11/11/09 6:57 PM
jitz4u
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the best ongoing series' in comiics!
11/11/09 7:34 PM
RedTamponUK
546 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My favourite comic every month! They are making it into a tv series...not HBO unfortunately so it may suck.

Invincible is awesome also btw.
11/20/09 6:05 PM
mfah

the walking dead is just outstanding

Im always greeted with a fresh twist consistently

Kirkman is the best writer atm , all his books stay fresh and interesting

Wolfman
Invincible
walking dead
Haunt ( yes its actually pretty good)
11/20/09 8:57 PM
TomBSupraT
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/20/09 8:57 PM
Walking Dead is the only comic my 60yr old mother reads before I do. That's how good it is. I'm enjoying it alot, especially the latest issue.
11/21/09 6:02 PM
Dirty Cake
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a character study masquerading as a zombie book.
12/9/09 10:25 AM
john76
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Spoilers below**********

-

-

it's the most depressing thing I've ever read... just when you think it can't get any worse... BAM! they go and try to rape his soon in front of him or some other horrible shit.

This shit is so dark

The part where he was talking on the phone and it ended up with him just being a crazy fucker blew my mind.
12/9/09 10:25 AM
john76
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Preacher is actually less dark than this and preacher is fucking twisted(currently reading the trades now)
12/9/09 10:38 AM
None So Blind
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My sister got me the Walking Dead compendium for XMas - issues 1-48 in a beast of a TPB, almost 1100 pages.

http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Compendium-1/dp/1607060760/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260373035&sr=8-1

12/9/09 3:20 PM
paw
1560 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

None So Blind - My sister got me the Walking Dead compendium for XMas - issues 1-48 in a beast of a TPB, almost 1100 pages.

http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Compendium-1/dp/1607060760/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260373035&sr=8-1

Dude....your sister LOVES you.  You should be very thankful.

*official GG reply*
Is she seeing anyone right now?
12/9/09 3:40 PM
None So Blind
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL - she got it only because she looked on my Amazon wish list and that was in her price range.

That aside, married, 45 y/o, and two kids = yer outta luck ;-)

12/9/09 7:51 PM
Dirty Cake
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is an AWESOME gift.
12/10/09 4:03 PM
KenTheWalrus
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I read Walking Dead up to the late 20's then got really pissed because it was like 6-8 weeks before new issues came out. I just thought at the time that it was lame for Kirkman to push back the titles that got him his gig in the majors so he could make the deadlines for the new job, so I quit reading.

I really liked it though. Best series I've read since Preacher.

Are the late shipment problems taken care of? If they are I might consider going back. -ken
12/15/09 12:55 PM
The Elastic Assassin
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i don't think its shipped late in a loooooong time.............
12/15/09 10:34 PM
jitz4u

Actually in the letters section at the end of the last issue Kirkman himself said he knew the issues were being pushed back and was happy it had been a year since they missed a deadline to ship an issue and he wanted it to go another year... So jump back onboard, this is one of the best comics out right now... If you like Daredevil and the crap they put his ol blind ass through you'll love the twists and turns of Walking Dead! Kirkman rocks!
12/15/09 10:34 PM
jitz4u

Actually in the letters section at the end of the last issue Kirkman himself said he knew the issues were being pushed back and was happy it had been a year since they missed a deadline to ship an issue and he wanted it to go another year... So jump back onboard, this is one of the best comics out right now... If you like Daredevil and the crap they put his ol blind ass through you'll love the twists and turns of Walking Dead! Kirkman rocks!
12/17/09 3:05 AM
HoldYerGround
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Outstanding story line, concept, writing, and animation. I feel like a retard just for not owning every edition.
12/17/09 10:12 AM
paw
1560 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanTheWolfman - should I check this out? I love Preacher/Punisher etc.

Absolutely.  It's not my cup of tea, but it's fantastically written and the artwork is top notch.
12/23/09 10:13 PM
warfrog
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

a good friend got me into reading this series, i had doubts. but its one of the best reads i have ever layed eyes on. like the dudes were sayin, some sick twisted plot twists in every issue.
12/24/09 4:14 PM
NeoSpartan
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

paw - 
DanTheWolfman - should I check this out? I love Preacher/Punisher etc.

Absolutely.  It's not my cup of tea, but it's fantastically written and the artwork is top notch.

This is just a crazy review right here.

A guy that doesn't like it... LIKES IT lol

That tells you just how good it is.

I'm so pissed I read all the way to the end now I have to wait a fucking MONTH for every issue I'm goddamn FIENDING for the next one.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.