UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ever hear of this guy? "Undefeated Prison Fighter"

11/16/09 10:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mmaguy30
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So before I go further with my little plan, let me be sure I have this right...

Has this fucktard seen this thread and contacted James Funaro personaly about it?

If true let me be the first to invite said fucktard to join our community, join the thread, and explain himself here.

It looks to me as though he has made some pretty extreme claims and some extremly bold statements, I ask him to explain himself here among the community. No he does not "have" to, but I can think of no reason NOT to explain himself...

I would also like his aparent threats and anger twords James explained. For what reason would he express such anger twords James?

We did not seek him out and find him living a quiet and humble life, he made these bold and extreme claims very publicly... he knows that public claims can bring public scrutiny, and thats what this thread really is.
11/16/09 10:24 AM
akebh
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Props to james Funaro for doing whats right and not hiding. If this douchebag wants to fight then destroy him. He must not know that James will fight him and beat his ass. Fucking classless poser
11/16/09 10:28 AM
mmaguy30
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/16/09 10:35 AM
http://www.atticamma.com/usfc.html

I want that explained.

http://www.atticamma.com/christian.html

I want that explained as well.
11/16/09 10:37 AM
SirPrize
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ManhoefKOAnderson - This guy is a fucking riot!!!

Whos going to be the first one to call him and question his ability to TRANE ? ? ?

Someone notify Bullshido.com. Those guys will get to the bottom of this, for sure. Just check out their legendary "Punking of Ashida Kim" on his $10,000 challenge.

Bullshido: Punking of Ashida Kim
11/16/09 10:41 AM
SirPrize
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jjchgo - thank god the sport went main stream. seems like we are getting one of these types every couple of months now.

This is the TMA-ifcation of MMA.

A few years from now, "real" martial artists & fighters will laugh a MMA fighters. People will claim that the style is good, but it just is not taught or trained correctly anymore.

Sad. :(
11/16/09 10:54 AM
mmaguy30

billyball2 - 
He is trying to build that monstrous facility that he has and I will do whatever I can to help all gyms be successful. It is to my (and your) advantage if this industry thrives. Carl- Fighter Warehouse NY

I respectfully disagree with this.

You can build the biggest facility in the world, but if you are not a competent/qualified instructor then people are going to get hurt. The people who train there will hurt each other, and they will get hurt if they compete.

Bad for the sport.

Sounds like a snake-oil salesman had a few wealthy people believe the BS he was selling...

absolutly, it may initially be "good" for the sport for the gym to grow, but as people learn that he is just a poser, liar and overall scumbag, what happened? The general public hears about the "ultimate fighting gym" run by a criminal and ex inmate "prison pit fighter" that got some kid hurt or worse... I respectfully ask what does that do for the sport?

I agree that we all should work to make legit gyms do well, and we should ALL work as good embasedors for the sport, promoting it in any positive way we can, but even if this clowns bullshit IS true, and I dont think any of it is, having the fool out there promoting an MMA organization formed by underground prison fighters does nothing good for our sport.
11/16/09 10:55 AM
SirPrize

Fighter Warehouse NY - ...It is to my (and your) advantage if this industry thrives. Carl- Fighter Warehouse NY

Sorry - Most of us are more concerned with the integrity of the sport, rather than the "industry".
11/16/09 11:02 AM
mmaguy30

billyball2 - 
James Funaro - So being that I post under my real name here, nut job has called my work and threatening to come to my house lolol.

He should be going to my gym to meet with its owner ( we have no idea why BTW, not sure what it can accomplish).

Ranting on how I am a nobody, he is a somebody, blah blah blah. We will need as many cameras as possible to film this if it hopefully goes down.

Guy cannot fight, and if he fights me, we will have plenty of video evidence.

Not surprising.

We sould send a link for this thread to his "friend" on the Chamber of Commerce and all of his "preferred" business links and let them know that he's essentially a fraud...

I already did that, along with a few phone calls, emails and some other fun...
11/16/09 11:05 AM
RUSRedDevil
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i love this christian darrow stuff
11/16/09 12:42 PM
mmaguy30

I'm not working right now... I have nothing better to do.
11/16/09 12:44 PM
HybridElite
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HAHA! This is too funny. Keep us posted James.

Whats up Evomma, hows life?
11/16/09 12:44 PM
krept
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmaguy30 - http://www.atticamma.com/usfc.html

I want that explained.

What is it anyway?

A poster to introduce a person.. who has a "15 year prison record" ?

what is "Superfights 08?" No date, place, time, etc...
11/16/09 12:46 PM
James Funaro
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Bulshido thread, where he has responded;

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=91624

Again, note that I DIDN"T EVEN START THE THREAD WTF!!!!
11/16/09 12:47 PM
wrongaboutVitali
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmaguy30

Are you the one who sounds like Seth Rogan that got the Canadian fraud to apologize to the entire UG over the phone, asking about how tastes his peepee?
11/16/09 12:48 PM
JoeF
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he has a new found respect for MMA fighters and their ability to back shit up lol
11/16/09 12:48 PM
James Funaro
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alright got it.

www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php

11/16/09 1:11 PM
BAM57BAM
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

James, will you go into further detail about what happened today?

He said he spoke to the police afterward.
11/16/09 1:12 PM
FranklinFailedMe

So you guys ended up getting in a fight TODAY?
11/16/09 1:16 PM
Pito Chueco
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow
11/16/09 1:18 PM
akebh

From Christian's own words it sounds like James Funaro worked him over pretty good. Good for you
11/16/09 1:19 PM
FranklinFailedMe

I don't know what to believe....is this some grand trolljob? The guy who signs up, signs up under the screen name "Christian Darro"...so he doesn't even spell his own name correctly? Here's his post:

"Okay, figured out how to work the computer. So lets get right to this. . , Just got back from Finest Fitness and i have one thing to say. While I don't know James Funaro and I don't think I dated his cousin, I can say that James Funaro hits very hard. LOL

And it seems James Funaro, just like me, will fight anyone who challenges him. So respect as far as that. After the fight James and I chopped it up a little bit and hopefully he will be a man of his word and retract any personal dislike towards me.

James, is entitled to his own opinion as is everyone out there. However as proved today all persons may be held accountable for there words. I know most of you aren't listening to a fucking word I say. You just want to know who won the fight and wheres the vid. To you guys I say go Fuck yourselves! If you have a problem with me I'm at 1055 Portion rd. if you come you better be able to fight as good as James.

So to answer some questions. . .

I am a street fighter. Yes I did fight in prison. Yes I did fight underground. As far as being undefeated, that's relative. If todays parking lot fight was in the UFC then I would have lost the same fight 5 times LOL. Due to the fact it would have been prematurely stopped or normal people would have been knocked the fuck out!

Bad enough you guys are making phone calls to sponsors and businesses trying to get me fired. The last thing I need is random cell phone videos of me fighting people in a parking lot that could result in my arrest, but without making excuses, because of the cameras I was forced to simply defend myself. Again, this is not an excuse or qualifier but a simple fact. The only punch thrown by me definitely caught his attention. I believe that James will have the integrity to show that and not edit it out. Other than that I spent the remainder of the fight eating bone crushing knees and gigantic punches. Remember no gloves.

So to clarify. I am a gym owner, I am not a trainer. I am a street fighter with a big punch and a bigger chin, who is now crossing over to MMA in a new league that is more stand-up strike orientated. I am not calling out champions whom have never heard of me. That was simply a response to a conversation Jamie and I had at the VIP party the night before the EXPO.

I am signed by a league ( which was the now defunct USFC) which will unveil there new name and signed well respected MMA fighters at the November 28 grand opening of Attica MMA.

If any of you have further questions, problems or interests, call me 631-357-0816

Don't block your number to say dumb shit, be real! The first person to call I will send the phone pic of me after the parking lot brawl.

As far as trainers at Attica, you will meet the very respected striking coaches, pro and amateur boxing trainers and a vast array of highly regarded and well known MMA trainers. I am bringing a quality facility to the area and working tirelessly to get MMA sanctioned in this state. If you have a problem with that come speak to me about it."

11/16/09 1:20 PM
FranklinFailedMe

Pretty much final note; clearly i am from a different background where you talk about somebody and they will come see you immediately. James Funaro seems to be of the same mind set. I respect his honest and quick response to this whole situation. And honestly I have to agree that if this sport is to be sanctioned in New York then personal agendas and parking lot episodes can not be allowed to happen. But since not everyone is a James Funaro or a Christian Darrow who posts under their own names people will continue to launch personal, obscene, and disgusting attacks on any individual and their family via the faceless internet. This young man shook my hand afterwards and gave his word on something and did it. As such i have nothing but respect for him and the facility that this occurred at. Not really good on the internet, as a matter of fact my nephew Rob is typing this. So you guys know where i'm at, hopefully we can all work together to continue to try and sanction this sport in New York. Alright now I got to go take about 800 aspirin, cause like the boys in blue said when they pulled up today, "What the hell you doing fighting a 23 year old kid that looks like that." lol. And does everybody know that answer?
11/16/09 1:22 PM
NCAA92
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If this is true.........OMG & LOL  Need to get James a UG Mob t-shirt
11/16/09 1:31 PM
James Funaro

All true guys, that is Christian's post from the Bullshido thread. Could not be a troll due to the fact that this just happened an hour ago max, and that no one else would have that information. Not a troll, many people witnessed the fight, what I do with the video will be determined soon.

I think the best thing that can happen is an MMA fight in NJ ASAP (where it is legal) after I fight on Dec 11th for Asylum Fight League.

Assuming everyone involved wants to see a fight to its final end, not just until the cops show up.

As I have said before, Christian was cool in that no weapons, no posse, none of that shit (and I made sure my guys stayed out of it also).

However as I have stated before I feel his anger was misdirected towards me, and that the explaining should be done to the UG as a whole.
A fight, in the end, does not prove much, it shows 2 people fighting, it does not do much to validate claims or Bullshido.
11/16/09 1:33 PM
James Funaro

Perhaps a winner takes all MMA fight? Or the losing purse goes to charity, or whatever. I need a god damned pro fight one day anyway, assuming I win on the 11th I think I am ready to turn.

What say you UG?
Have you been pleased thus far!?
Is it ever enough?

First the John Benedict crap, now this! At least this one happened instead of dicktucking.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.