UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DeRay Davis speaks out on canceled StrikeForce fig

11/13/09 1:35 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

fightclubhouse.com: As many of us already know by now, you were scheduled to fight Mark Miller at StrikeForce: ‘Fedor vs. Rogers’, but your fight was mysteriously canceled. Can you tell us why, specifically, the fight was canceled?

DeRay Davis: From what I was told the fight was canceled due to time constraints. The commissioner told us that the female fight (Coenen vs. Modafferi) was pushed before us. I waited and started warming up. The women’s fight only lasted about a minute. Then when I was getting ready to walk out I was told that we were going on after the main event (Fedor vs. Rogers).  At this time, I was getting irritated and frustrated from constantly waiting. After the main event happened, we got ready to walk out, and I heard over the walkie-talkie “Tell both fighters they’ll get paid. The fights are over”.

fightclubhouse.com: There have been reports circulating on the Internet that both you and Mark Miller were paid the “appearance fee” and “win bonuses”. Can you confirm this?

DeRay Davis: At first, we got our appearance fee only. They told us we weren’t going to get the win bonus, and we should be happy to get the appearance fee. My mentor called me a few days ago and told me that both Miller and I would get the win bonus.

fightclubhouse.com: There were also reports claiming that sponsorships may have been lost by you or Miller. Did you lose any sponsorships as a result of the cancellation?

DeRay Davis: read full interview

11/13/09 1:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Underground News - 

DeRay Davis: At first, we got our appearance fee only. They told us we weren’t going to get the win bonus, and we should be happy to get the appearance fee. My mentor called me a few days ago and told me that both Miller and I would get the win bonus.

The UG strikes again!  I bet if there wasn't a fan outcry about this, Strikefarce would have not paid them the extra cash.  Just another reason why MMA fans are the best in all of sports.
11/13/09 1:58 PM
Kirik
1926 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, President
 BloodyElbow gets big props for helping right this one!
11/13/09 1:59 PM
TtoMyJ14
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I knew it. If it werent for the UG, they wouldn't of gotten the win bonuses. Strikeforce is a joke.
11/13/09 2:03 PM
epwar
551 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So what is the UG's % of that bonus win?
11/13/09 2:03 PM
midwestbred
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -  BloodyElbow gets big props for helping right this one!

TTT for Brent Brookhouse
11/13/09 2:34 PM
TOWE

blue63 - 

So does the UG.

I started the will not support SF until they fix that shit thread and we had probably 20-30 UGers email SF saying basically that the fans won't tolerate fucking fighters.q
Strikeforce wasn't even home from Chicago yet, yet you expected the situation to be handled like it was the 9/11 attacks.  Strikeforce themselves were looking into the matter and options of how to remedy the situation as soon as possible, but didn't have an answer the night of the fights (I was on the phone with Scott Coker's son and confirmed it after I read your initial thread).  Who is your source saying your thread and emails are the reason they got paid?  Oh thats right, you don't have one...

Stop trying to take credit for something that was already happening.

Nice try! 
11/13/09 2:42 PM
TOWE

Edited: 11/13/09 2:43 PM
blue63 - 
TOWE - 
blue63 - 

So does the UG.

I started the will not support SF until they fix that shit thread and we had probably 20-30 UGers email SF saying basically that the fans won't tolerate fucking fighters.q
Strikeforce wasn't even home from Chicago yet, yet you expected the situation to be handled like it was the 9/11 attacks.  Strikeforce themselves were looking into the matter and options of how to remedy the situation as soon as possible, but didn't have an answer the night of the fights (I was on the phone with Scott Coker's son and confirmed it after I read your initial thread).  Who is your source saying your thread and emails are the reason they got paid?  Oh thats right, you don't have one...

Nice try! 
"They told us we weren’t going to get the win bonus, and we should be happy to get the appearance fee." - DeRay Davis
Yup!  At that time they weren't getting their win bonus (there needs to be a FIGHT to get a win bonus, its not rocket science) because that is not something that is just handed out, stuff like that needs to go thru the proper channels.  You seem to forget, this is a BUSINESS.

Stop trying to make something over nothing.  You're just looking like an idiot...

11/13/09 3:00 PM
baptistmo
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TOWE - 
blue63 - 
TOWE - 
blue63 - 

So does the UG.

Nice try! 
"They told us we weren’t going to get the win bonus, and we should be happy to get the appearance fee." - DeRay Davis
Yup!  At that time they weren't getting their win bonus (there needs to be a FIGHT to get a win bonus, its not rocket science) because that is not something that is just handed out, stuff like that needs to go thru the proper channels.  You seem to forget, this is a BUSINESS.

Stop trying to make something over nothing.  You're just looking like an idiot...

is it hard to name drop while blowing Scott Coker's son? Seriously, whether it was because of the UG or not, it's good to know they righted the wrong, and lets be honest, it was a huge fucking wrong. TOWE you are looking like an idiot defending them, or even trying to prove Blue wrong. Who gives a fuck either way, I am glad to see the guys got paid.
11/13/09 3:13 PM
punchdrunkMMA
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Deray must be making the rounds! lol I just finished up an interview for 5 Oz. of Pain last night.  Should be up on the site Monday. 
11/13/09 3:18 PM
TOWE

baptistmo - 
TOWE - 
blue63 - 
TOWE - 
blue63 - 

So does the UG.

Nice try! 

is it hard to name drop while blowing Scott Coker's son? Seriously, whether it was because of the UG or not, it's good to know they righted the wrong, and lets be honest, it was a huge fucking wrong. TOWE you are looking like an idiot defending them, or even trying to prove Blue wrong. Who gives a fuck either way, I am glad to see the guys got paid.

Thats the best comeback you have?   LOL, noobs these days dont even try, kinda sad...

PS- the only people looking like idiots are the ones like you who think Im defending Strikeforce, they would have had to do something wrong in order for me to defend them and they didn't.  The situation was resolved in a matter of a few days, which is kind of hard to do when you are short staffed and have your employess spread out across the country for TWO big events (Fresno and Chicago).  I really love how guys like you pretend they know what they are talking about, it really does make this place fun to come to :) 
11/13/09 3:32 PM
baptistmo
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TOWE - 
baptistmo - 
TOWE - 
blue63 - 
TOWE - 
blue63 - 

So does the UG.

Nice try! 

Thats the best comeback you have?   LOL, noobs these days dont even try, kinda sad...

PS- the only people looking like idiots are the ones like you who think Im defending Strikeforce, they would have had to do something wrong in order for me to defend them and they didn't.  The situation was resolved in a matter of a few days, which is kind of hard to do when you are short staffed and have your employess spread out across the country for TWO big events (Fresno and Chicago).  I really love how guys like you pretend they know what they are talking about, it really does make this place fun to come to :) 

lol @ that being a comeback. I wasn't "coming back" from anything you said or for that matter anyone said to me on this thread. Instead of name dropping and pretending you are "somebody" go back to school and learn how to read. But hey, thanks for clearing up the fact that scott coker's son told you they had it figured out. Maybe I missed that when you told us all the first time and not just on this thread, when it was cool to do. and drop the noob talk, it's makes you look even more pathetic.

If that is the best comeback you have, you may want to stick to being somebody and not battling noobs on a mma message board.
11/13/09 3:33 PM
TtoMyJ14
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TOWE - 
blue63 - 

So does the UG.

Nice try! 
Really? You had to compare to 9/11 to this? What you mean source? The source is Deray Davis himself. He said they wouldnt pay them and they should be happy what they get. If they were going to wait a few days, why would say they should be happy what they got?

11/13/09 3:53 PM
LittleJoeMama
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good job UG and BloodyElbow!
11/13/09 4:01 PM
JimmersonzGlove
567 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who is "they?" That's not very specific. All of the Strikeforce brass assembled in a room to tell him that?
11/13/09 4:04 PM
xcouturefan

TOWE= Strikeforce nut hugger
11/13/09 4:05 PM
xcouturefan

Good job BloodyElbow
11/13/09 4:06 PM
droplogic

The details are kind of irrelivant.  A wrong was made right.  Good news.
11/13/09 4:47 PM
nyhcloyalty
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight Club House, Owner
JimmersonzGlove -  "They told us we weren’t going to get the win bonus, and we should be happy to get the appearance fee." - DeRay Davis

Who is "they?" That's not very specific. All of the Strikeforce brass assembled in a room to tell him that?

When he said they, he was referring to his coaches. He couldn't get a clear answer from any of the SF officials.
11/13/09 4:50 PM
baptistmo

lets not forget the biggest wrong was not letting them fight either before or after the T.V. portion of the card.
11/13/09 7:06 PM
smoogy
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ the wannabe activist journalists patting themselves on the back

These flavor of the week MMA social causes are always good for a chuckle

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.