UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> rage broadheads?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/15/09 9:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BackStep
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anyone use them?

how do you like them?
11/16/09 8:32 PM
Muppetmower88

they work, it looks like you just falconed punched an animal after it goes threw them.
11/16/09 8:44 PM
BackStep

ever seen one not expand?
11/16/09 8:51 PM
Muppetmower88

personally no, if you dont change the o-rings i could see how it would open prematurly but other then that they have opened everytime for me. i use the 2 blade
11/19/09 12:35 AM
MakeItRain

They are bad ass. However dont let he O-rings sit for very long exposed in heat or sun. They will wear and cause em to open in flight. Not a fan of expandables.I posted a pic of a doe I shot with a rage. It looked like an axe for an exit hole.

If i'm hunting big deer, like I was in Kansas. I always use a Muzzy 4 blade. Can't beat the trocar tip. If you hit the shoulder, its like taking the wheels off a car.
10/1/10 1:43 PM
Kumite4

My buddy used the 2 blade version last year. . . dear god they open a hole. I just can bring myself to pay that much to retip my hunting arrows. I still use a small fixed blade that Ive not had problems with so the need isnt there for me to switch yet. I may go with RAGE in a couple years though.
10/2/10 10:31 PM
Byrd
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lube the orings, they will last longer.
10/3/10 4:27 PM
TairyHesticles

Byrd - lube the orings, they will last longer.

I always lube the orings.
10/25/10 4:12 PM
The PBC
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I put them on my crossbow bolts but have yet to shoot anything yet. They are expensive.
10/26/10 10:04 AM
MachetePhil
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember MakeItRain's pic from a year or two ago, that thing looked like a tank round went through it.

Personally I use Muzzy's and love 'em.  My buddy uses an expander similar to Rage's, but a cheaper version I think, they've worked fine for him, but every time he shoots a deer the broadhead is mangled. On the other hand NOTHING affects the tip on the Muzzy's.
10/26/10 2:45 PM
Muppetmower88

yeah i have heard good things about the muzzys. the fixed blades i use are hell razors those things eat through whatever you put them through. never bend or break like the g5's.
10/29/10 1:44 AM
enykamp

They are super popular here in east texas. I prefer the Wasp Hammer SST's. Similar to the Muzzys but they flew better with my set up..
3/25/11 3:11 PM
Focker101
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I swear by the two blade I have some pics of what they will do if you guys want to see them

Previously I used Spitfire's I have nothing bad to say about them either the furthest any deer I have shot with either of these broad heads have ran is about 100 yards

I switched to the Rage because I was told I would get better penetration not sure if I do or not

I love both of these broadheads though
3/25/11 3:13 PM
Focker101
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MachetePhil -  I remember MakeItRain's pic from a year or two ago, that thing looked like a tank round went through it.

Personally I use Muzzy's and love 'em.  My buddy uses an expander similar to Rage's, but a cheaper version I think, they've worked fine for him, but every time he shoots a deer the broadhead is mangled. On the other hand NOTHING affects the tip on the Muzzy's.

If there Rocky Mountain snipers they are from the same company Rocky Mountain own Rage ( The Snipers have been out for over a decade they made the cutting diameter a little bigger and renamed them too Rage

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.