UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> attn: mmaguy30 - Re: Mark Bailey the Fake Fighter

7/3/10 5:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NCAA92
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TravenBJJ -  His girlfriend is friends with me on facebook.  She is about 20 years younger than he is and HOT.      He is a fucking fat fraud 

Did she write the infamous lawyer letters?
7/3/10 6:03 PM
Drewout
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You have got to be shitting me? How do fucking douche bags always get hooked up with nice facilities, but can't train shit?

Pete send me a link to his gf's facebook I have got to give her some shit!
7/3/10 7:12 PM
d3vil0ck
864 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it amazes me that somehow this guy is still pulling all this shit off
7/3/10 7:35 PM
bigmills008
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TravenBJJ -  His girlfriend is friends with me on facebook.  She is about 20 years younger than he is and HOT.      He is a fucking fat fraud 

HAHA yeah she sent me a friend request too. I am sure she believes all that BS.
7/3/10 9:57 PM
CJJScout
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. Just wow.
7/3/10 11:15 PM
NCAA92
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Attn: Scout & Morgz

She is friends with

Paul, Issac, Whirlwind, and Bullock LOL

7/12/10 9:16 AM
CJJScout
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who is she and what is she doing with him?

I'm not surprised by the above list at all.
7/12/10 10:48 AM
Morgz
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's good to be friendly  :)
7/12/10 12:01 PM
Koga
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is a tradition in bjj of lying about your credentials to scam stupid Americans out of money, even crazy old man Helio called Rickson to task for his 400-0 record (interview in the Gracie Advanced video - of course this was only after Rickson had left and was not longer earning for Helio/Rorion).

Whatever the actual story is with this guym it is clear he has ManhoefKOAnderson in real fear. Funny to come on the internet and try to bait others into doing some lame ass "dojo invasion". You are like the online version of the bitter girlfriend who always trys to get her loser boyfriend in a fight. You would not say anything to Mark Bailey's face, and we all know it.
7/12/10 1:09 PM
Morgz
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is one book review n the Amazon page for his book in the original post.  It shoots down a few of his claims.

http://www.amazon.com/My-Lifes-Fight-Story-Bailey/product-reviews/1604940271/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1
7/12/10 1:54 PM
NCAA92

Tags Customers Associate with This Product

(What's this?)
Click on a tag to find related items, discussions, and people.

(1)
7/12/10 4:38 PM
RexKwonDo
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck you talk about master that way!!!
11/9/10 6:39 PM
ebullock
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have to TTT this because his name got brought up again as someone that "you just have to go train with".
11/10/10 12:41 AM
Vulva Fabulous
806 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ebullock, in private conversation, or on here?
11/10/10 7:41 AM
Slaughter on Tenth Avenue

grabs popcorn...
11/10/10 8:24 AM
CJJScout

ebullock -  I have to TTT this because his name got brought up again as someone that "you just have to go train with".

Details.
11/10/10 10:51 AM
ebullock
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ha! I have to find out more details myself.

It was a Facebook posting by someone I know that definately does not need this guys help, that got a few comments on it and then was deleted before I could comment on it or even read any of the comments.

When I saw the post I thought the person was trolling but this person doesn't usually do that. I will find out more though...

11/10/10 11:32 AM
frankiscool
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"FOUNDER OF A MARTIAL ARTS STYLE THAT HAS 2 BOOKS WROTE ABOUT IT AND A MOVIE COMING OUT ABOUT MY LIFE.."

Wow.
11/10/10 11:36 AM
frankiscool
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

•  
  • 8DISC.NET I DO COMMERCIALS FOR THE PRODUCTS. THERE THE BEST IN THE WORLD CONTACT ME ABOUT THEM AND HOW TO MAKE A XTRA 100 K THIS YEAR !!!
  • 11/10/10 9:58 PM
    CJJScout

We've actually picked up some students that have left his school. I'm glad they are my new training partners. Super nice guys.
    11/11/10 2:05 AM
    yusul
    113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

''I keep telling you people I'M NOT DEAD!! It's just a little bit of a coma, I'll be back on my feet in no time. And rest assured good citizens of the Underground, when Chimono arises, the fraud Bailey will pay for his crimes....''

lol. because the poster's join date is well before this year. it's almost like it was a plant.
    1/12/13 9:09 AM
    factchecker

bigmills008 - 

HAHA yeah she sent me a friend request too. I am sure she believes all that BS.

Maybe the fighter's "girlfriend" is the fighter himself using some stranger's photos.

Some guys make fake facebook pages posing as women. Easy as pie.

There is a possibility that you are the ones who are believing BS.

No disrespect to you. Just providing another way of looking at the issue.

1/12/13 2:24 PM
    CJJScout

How did this get brought up again? Haven't heard about him in ages.
    1/15/13 9:26 PM
    NCAA92

I saw him about 3 months ago tried to get a pic....but the counter was in the way, much shorter in person
    1/15/13 11:04 PM
    Dougie
    941 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Bailey's autobiography, he describes a childhood of abuse and deprivation, which ended at the age of sixteen when he left home to begin his fighting career. He began training shooto in Japan at the age of nineteen. His career in underground fighting continued until some point after his mid-twenties, at which point he began to deal drugs as a way of making more money than he could at fighting. Eventually he was arrested and convicted of dealing drugs. When he finished serving his sentence, he found that he had been stripped of his underground rankings and had to start over.

Mark Bailey resides in Gwinnett County, Georgia, which makes criminal records available online to the public. Bailey's first recorded offense was in 1980, when he was a codefendant in a criminal case [...]. Since he was born in 1961, he would have been nineteen at the time. According to his autobiography, he had been out of the country between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one. The court record invalidates this claim, and casts his shootfighting career into doubt.

The claim was impossible in any case. Shooto [...] was not formed until 1985, and it was a sporting organization, not a style of fighting. Even if Bailey trained specifically for shooto events, he could not have started in 1980 or 1981, as he had claimed.

Bailey's claimed twenty-seven titles in the "World Fighting Championship" are also impossible to verify. The only known organization to use that name is the Mixed Martial Arts World Fighting Championship, which held its first championship match in 2007. At this writing, MMAWFC has held only eight championship tournaments, none of them in Japan. They do not list Bailey as a fighter in their organization.

Since he claims that these fights were underground, it is difficult to falsify the claim entirely. However, why would such an organization keep track of titles, much less take them away when a champion goes to prison? And if they took the titles away, how can he still claim them?

He does not provide enough detail in any of his other claims to check them. In his entire autobiography he never gives a full name for one instructor, one opponent, or one fellow inmate. He does not name the martial arts schools he attended, he never specifies absolute dates for events, and he does not say what seven martial arts he holds black belts in. Even his mother, father, and brothers remain nameless.

The reader may draw their own conclusions.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.