UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Big News On Darrill Schoonover

11/22/09 6:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Nanook
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shambala Sports Network, Host, Producer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIPp7AM8vkQ If anyone could please embed this for me.. Darrill broke this news on our broadcast Thursday.
11/22/09 6:41 PM
Chuckfest
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

before i look at this is it a spoiler?
11/22/09 6:42 PM
Mad Xyientist
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/22/09 6:43 PM
He's dropping a cup class to 38 Lightheavy C
11/22/09 6:43 PM
Sagiv Lapkin
2074 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It happens.
11/22/09 6:46 PM
Nanook
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's no spoiler. He did state he is fighting at the TUF Finale, but did not give anything away beyond that point.
11/22/09 6:49 PM
Nanook

Edited: 11/22/09 6:50 PM
Thanks ohfer.
11/22/09 6:50 PM
biggator
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn i cant wait till he gets done and comes back and at 205 will probably be about the perfect time to fight rampage as he gets done with movies. but at 205 the titties will be gone and it wont have the same level of excitement.
11/22/09 6:52 PM
Nanook

Biggator, that's a good thing because hopefully then people will be able to realize what a good fighter Schoonover really is.
11/23/09 8:32 AM
Principe03

I remember when Schoonover was SPC Shoonover, he was my driver during staff duty while I was stationed in Ft. Hood. From what I hear he's a great dependable soldier so whoever he's with will benefit. Something tells me though that depending on how he ended up on TUF I'm not going to totally rule out that he might of got back into the Army on his own accord.

He's Air Defense Artillery we hardly deploy and never get called back, unless we really need the money and do the paperwork on our own. I know this because I got out of Active Duty in January and no one is calling me back but I have the choice anytime to make active duty army scrilla.
11/23/09 9:23 AM
slo ko
1028 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

when you get reactivated do you have to go through basic training again?
11/23/09 9:41 AM
Thomas Hamilton
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Respect
11/23/09 12:15 PM
Principe03

Edited: 11/23/09 12:16 PM
slo ko,

No you never have to go back to basic training but if you switch MOS, military occupational specialty, then you will have to go to a transitional advanced individual training (AIT). In the case of Darrill he either more than likely got called up to be part of a MITT team (instructors for the Iraqi/Afghan army) or volunteered himself to get back into the service. In this economy and in a workplace that promotes combat and training MMA I wouldn't blame him.

In other news Tim Kennedy just got out of the active duty military and I'm proud to say that Texas National Guard picked him up as not only one of our soldiers but also Guard will sponsor him in fights.
11/23/09 12:45 PM
TtoMyJ14
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mad respect to Darrill. Stay safe.
11/23/09 12:53 PM
Wotan1105

Good luck to him, and tons of respect for a guy in the military. Luckily Rampage made him famous so as soon as he gets back I hope we get to see more of him.

Aside from all the Rampage non sense, he looks like a good team mate, and all around good guy. Wish him the best.
11/23/09 1:12 PM
Sublime7SD
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you include the Rampage bullshit, he looks like a much better guy in my opinion. He's kept his composure through a lot of bullying from a celebrity on national TV about something he's most likely insecure about. Good look, Darrill. Best of luck and keep yourself safe.
11/23/09 1:13 PM
JoshSanchez
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has one of the brightest futures out of anyone on the show. Best wishes to Schoonover, I hope he stays safe.
11/23/09 1:29 PM
Mmanizzle

Best wishes... Working out in the middle east will tighten up them titties... Be safe my fellow veteran...
11/23/09 2:02 PM
slo ko
1028 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Principe03 - slo ko,

No you never have to go back to basic training but if you switch MOS, military occupational specialty, then you will have to go to a transitional advanced individual training (AIT). In the case of Darrill he either more than likely got called up to be part of a MITT team (instructors for the Iraqi/Afghan army) or volunteered himself to get back into the service. In this economy and in a workplace that promotes combat and training MMA I wouldn't blame him.

In other news Tim Kennedy just got out of the active duty military and I'm proud to say that Texas National Guard picked him up as not only one of our soldiers but also Guard will sponsor him in fights.
thanks. well chosen 8th post

11/23/09 2:10 PM
stevekt
616 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish him well. He seems like a good guy.
11/23/09 9:05 PM
soldierdad5417

I did a year in Afghanistan and 2 years in Iraq dude. Now I'm getting into the local grappling scene and hopefully it'll grown from there. What you're going to do in Afghanistan is more honroable and alot less thanful than fighting in the octagon. Take your training as serious as you would before a fight before you deploy. I was in Shkin and Orgun-e, Aghanistan, and I can tell you the whole country is a sh&*hole!!! Darrill will be an awesome fighter when he comes home after this if he decides to pursue the same path in life.
11/23/09 9:35 PM
Bill Pharoni
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He seems like a good guy. I wish him luck.
11/23/09 9:49 PM
Slapsymaxi
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was always curious what the Rex Richards fight was like?

Richards has won in a dominant fashion vs everybody other than Schnoover and Carwin.

Schoonover winning that fight is kind impressive.

Max
11/23/09 9:51 PM
Jack Skellington
796 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I heard about that. It's rough but that's what he signed up for.

P.S. I still hate Rampage ... *cough*
11/26/09 11:31 PM
WannaB

Darrill 

Thank you for serving our country.  It is because of people like you that we enjoy the freedoms that we have. 
Stay safe, train hard and youll be in our thoughts and prayers.

RT
11/27/09 12:05 AM
Attila
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He simply has the "don't bully me" reflex; was probably bullied as a kid. It doesn't mean he's a bad guy. Those tattoos however... :)

Good luck, Titties. Stay safe.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.