UnderGround Forums

Michigan Underground >> Warrior Way Proud to Announce Newest Black Belt!!

11/23/09 8:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Angelo Popofski
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Warrior Way is proud to announce a new black belt to our ranks!! Brandon Fracassi was promoted to black belt this weekend by Master Carlos Enrique "Caique" Elias.

Caique came to town this weekend and conducted seminars at the MASH gym in Redford, Windsor BJJ in Canada, and Warrior Way in Walled Lake. The seminar at MASH was capped off by SEVENTEEN promotions to blue belt!! Good job to all the guys at MASH and especially to Don Richard for his great job instructing these guys and getting them ready. I'm sure Don feels very proud for all the guys as they are progressing nicely under his guidance.

The seminar at Warrior Way was packed with 50 people in attendance. Caique taught a great seminar and, as always, is constantly evolving techniques to fit what's going on in BJJ. His focus on detail and positioning is what makes his game and teaching so unique.

The Sunday afternoon was highlited by a touching promotion ceremony. There were four promotions to blue belt given to father and son duo Eric and Chris Twigg, Andy Stewart, and Daniel Winston. Purple belts were awarded to Gary Pipia, Dave Palay, and Tino Amaya (Tino runs an affiliate school in Monroe, MI). In addition to the new belts, Caique awarded additional degrees to many in attendance...too many to name here.

The ceremony was wrapped up with two more special promotions. Caique gave a touching speech about how much it means to him to promote someone to the rank of black belt. Caique sees the black belt as an award to years of dedication to not only the team, but the art of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Along with the black belt, Caique presented Brandon with a signed certificate of recognition from Brazil's oldest BJJ federation started by Helio Gracie and currently head up by Robson Gracie (Renzo's father). Brandon Fracassi definitely fits that description. Not only is Brandon an instructor at Warrior Way, but he teaches and helps run the kid's program and is an important part of Warrior Way's staff. Brandon is an active competitor and an awesome instructor. A true teacher, Brandon recently finished his degree in education and is looking to start his career in the classroom.

The last promotion of the day was given to Harvy Berman, head of Warrior Way Martial Arts. Caique awarded Harvy his first degree on his black belt. Harvy is the main reason for Warrior Way's success. He is a true leader and martial artist, and leads by example on and off the mats.
11/23/09 9:29 AM
dennisv
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congratulations!
11/23/09 11:54 AM
Samuraidog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats! Brandon is an awesome guy and some slick jiu-jitsu. Well deserved for sure.
11/23/09 6:55 PM
judoblackbelt
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember when Brandon was 16 and his mother brought him in. I worked with on the ground showing him judo rolls and was competitive against him until he got his purple belt. Gary Pipia is a rare commbination of strengh, speed and skill and who I have rolled with many times (with no success). He completely dominates the 30-39 age division competition. And to Harvey who's dedication to providing the best training BJJ facility and instructors. Thanks,
11/24/09 12:22 PM
Angelo Popofski
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for the BJJ Kid!!
11/24/09 12:47 PM
Train Judo

congrats
11/28/09 5:34 PM
nowaydo
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
12/1/09 12:30 AM
kbhat
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

congrats!!
12/7/09 6:23 PM
Kyle Cooley
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats Brandon! Well deserved.
12/9/09 11:26 AM
DR1
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry I am so late on this one I dont get here much these days,Its good to see a positive thread here for once. Big congrats to my long time friend and training partner Brandon this has been a long over due promotion and we are all proud of Brandon. I am proud to be on such a great team where getting a black belt still means something. Congrats to all who recieved promotions.
12/9/09 1:01 PM
Angelo Popofski

That's okay Don...we here on the Mich. UG understand what a demanding schedule you Hollywood types have. Can you get me Angelina Jolie's autograph??? :)
12/9/09 5:15 PM
Kyle Cooley
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol...
12/9/09 5:37 PM
Train Judo

"Its good to see a positive thread here for once."

The internets are a very serious affair!!
12/9/09 9:53 PM
DR1
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol i will give her a call.
1/5/10 2:25 PM
DaveGarcia
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats Brandon and Warrior Way.
8/25/11 2:06 AM
bjjfighter19

Congrats Brandon, Well deserved.

Tony
8/25/11 4:10 PM
BigMike77
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

congrats

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.