UnderGround Forums

BookGround >> Anyone read the "Dragonlance" novels?

11/23/09 12:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Nitecrawler
2064 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone on the geekground mentioned these books and it reminded me how fucking awesome the Dragonlance novels were.  Anyone else used to read these books?  Tasslehoff Burfoot is probably one of my favorite characters in any book.

11/23/09 12:13 PM
Pretjah
993 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah great books!!!!

here is my cast, from teh other thread

Raistlin -  jude law
Caremon - tom welling
Tasselhoff  - Dominic Monaghan
Flint - ryan hurst (plays opie in Sons of Anarchy)
Tika -
Tanis -  Heath ledger would have been great - but now i'll go with eric bana
Goldmoon - the chick who played helen of troy in Troy i forget her name
Riverwind - benjamin bratt
Sturm  - Timothy olyphant

Laurana  -

11/23/09 12:21 PM
Nitecrawler
2064 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shit some good fucking picks on that list pretjah. Found this vid on youtube and did a WTF at some of the picks but some of them are genius.

11/23/09 12:24 PM
slam1523
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

legends>chronicles
11/23/09 12:35 PM
Nitecrawler

slam1523 - legends>chronicles

I wouldn't say legends was better. Legends starts off with Caramon all fat and shit with Raistlin living in the house right? Don't they go back in time and Caramon starts fighting in some gladiator type shit that is like WWE. I think Tass goes along for the ride and gets left behind during the cataclysm right?
11/23/09 12:41 PM
Steve72
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I totally didn't cry when Sturm died.
11/23/09 12:54 PM
Nitecrawler

Steve72 - I totally didn't cry when Sturm died.

I totally didn't either....

I don't think Tass died in the Cataclysm...didn't Fizban or someone like that save him? IIRC that was fucked up cause Raistlin gave Tass some object that he said would save Tass and poor Tass is sitting there trying to make it work as the sky is raining fire. That shit fucked me up the first time I read it.
11/23/09 12:54 PM
The Elastic Assassin
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i found them all on audio book format.....
11/23/09 1:02 PM
Mr B
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol i got fuckin' emotional over those books as a kid.

i still have all of 'em on my book shelf. read all the way up to some of the newer ones. last one i read was proably 4 years or so ago when they started the story line with mina (?).
11/23/09 1:06 PM
orcus

This thread reminded me how much I don't like Elmore's art. Dude never met a tube of orange paint he didn't like.
11/23/09 1:08 PM
Combat Vette
471 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I too enjoyed a Dragonlance book or two in my day.  Also, Forgotten Realms.
11/23/09 1:09 PM
von niten
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great books.  Right there with the first couple of Shannarra books.
11/23/09 1:13 PM
Combat Vette
471 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

von niten -  Great books.  Right there with the first couple of Shannarra books.

Although the newer Shannarra books aren't the same caliber as the older ones, I thoroughly enjoy all of them.  Also, Robert Jordans 'Wheel of Time' series is truly amazing.  A step above the rest.
11/23/09 1:16 PM
AllAmericana
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I read over 50, maybe close to 100 books in the DragonLance universe. I've been selling them online recently.
11/23/09 1:17 PM
Combat Vette

AllAmericana - I read over 50, maybe close to 100 books in the DragonLance universe. I've been selling them online recently.
Will you give them to me?  For free?

11/23/09 1:23 PM
KidJustice
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great Books! I read them as a young teen in the late 80's.

And no I did not shed a tear when Sturm Brightblade Knight of the Crown died..... Ok maybe a misted a bit.
11/23/09 1:41 PM
Nitecrawler

As I said on the thread in the geekground, when LOTR hit it big in theatres I thoguht it was only a matter of time till a good DL movie came out. I was then told that there was a shitty animated movie that came out a few years ago which fucking hurts my soul LOL.

Anyway, I wonder if they will ever get around to making a DL movie.

In any case, how could you not love Tass? The dude was a little badass...albeit a fucking cleptomaniac.

11/23/09 1:42 PM
Steve72
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nitecrawler -  I was then told that there was a shitty animated movie that came out a few years ago

Never fucking happened, and I will kill anyone who says otherwise.
11/23/09 1:49 PM
Fightin_Chance
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve72 - I totally didn't cry when Sturm died.

I thought that I was the only one who....um....totally didn't cry
11/23/09 1:57 PM
Nitecrawler

Steve72 - 
Nitecrawler -  I was then told that there was a shitty animated movie that came out a few years ago

Never fucking happened, and I will kill anyone who says otherwise.

Holy shit this looks fucking terrible....WTF is with the mix of CGI & anime?

This makes baby jeebus cry :(
11/23/09 3:27 PM
Nitecrawler

TTT
11/23/09 3:31 PM
salyer36
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I read "The Legend of Huma" or something like that back in the day and liked it a lot.
11/23/09 3:34 PM
slam1523

Combat Vette - 
von niten -  Great books.  Right there with the first couple of Shannarra books.

Although the newer Shannarra books aren't the same caliber as the older ones, I thoroughly enjoy all of them.  Also, Robert Jordans 'Wheel of Time' series is truly amazing.  A step above the rest.

how do you feel about Sanderson completing it?
11/23/09 3:36 PM
Steve72

I'm 97% done the first Sanderson book. It's not bad. The only difference I've really noted is that he tends to string chapters about a single character together, and I don't recall Jordan doing that.

To be frank, Jordan himself really wasn't a great writer. He built a very cool, very detailed universe, with an unbelivable amount of important, unique characters...but his writing was a bit jarring at times.
11/23/09 3:38 PM
AllAmericana
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jordan = "She was a handsome woman..."

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.