UnderGround Forums

BookGround >> Anyone read the "Dragonlance" novels?

11/23/09 3:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Steve72
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AllAmericana - Jordan = "She was a handsome woman who crossed her arms beneath her breasts and got spanked a lot"

Fixed.
11/23/09 3:44 PM
Combat Vette
392 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slam1523 - 
Combat Vette - 
von niten -  Great books.  Right there with the first couple of Shannarra books.

Although the newer Shannarra books aren't the same caliber as the older ones, I thoroughly enjoy all of them.  Also, Robert Jordans 'Wheel of Time' series is truly amazing.  A step above the rest.

how do you feel about Sanderson completing it?

I'll be honest... I haven't read it yet.  But from what I have read, he tried as hard as he could to keep the Jordanesque feel to it.  He said that Jordan left detailed notes on how he would like the book to go.
11/23/09 3:51 PM
DreamerMMA
567 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rupture Clothing, Reg. Marketing Rep.

wulfgarwq2.jpg

R.A. Salvatore was so much better.

Drizzt kills all of your heroes.
11/23/09 4:04 PM
the_shrike
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fucking fantasy nerds
11/23/09 4:13 PM
Perfer Et Obdura
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

salyer36 - I read "The Legend of Huma"

I just read that again and the follow up Kaz the Minotaur a few weeks ago.

Cool books!
11/23/09 4:13 PM
PoundforPound
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/23/09 4:14 PM
Garet Jax from "Wishsong of Shanara" was the baddest man in fantasy.
11/23/09 4:14 PM
PoundforPound
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve72 - Jordan = "She was a handsome woman who crossed her arms beneath her breasts and got spanked a lot and tugged on her braid incessantly"

Fixed.
11/23/09 4:15 PM
Fightin_Chance
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - 
Steve72 - Jordan = "She was a handsome woman who crossed her arms beneath her breasts and got spanked a lot and tugged on her braid incessantly"

Fixed.

don't forget sniffing...them WOT chicks sniff an awful lot
11/23/09 4:15 PM
CavemanDave
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Drizzt has better character development.

Dragonlance has better story.

Plenty of books have better writing, but it's hard not to like these books.
11/23/09 4:23 PM
amorphous
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Drizzt is pretty cool. Especially the fight scenes but he is a bit too cookie cutter. He is too "good" I guess and it bored me. I really liked Artemis more.

Btw, Raistlin would melt Drizzt to the ground before he could make a move.
11/23/09 6:21 PM
gravedigger
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I read Sword of Shannarra. GREAT book. I got the dragolance set used on ebay a few years ago, I havent gotten around to reading them yet. Maybe I should start. Damn the David Bowie casting was on point. Only one I didnt like was the Russell Crowe one.
11/23/09 6:22 PM
gravedigger
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How did Sturm die.
11/23/09 6:25 PM
Entreri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Drizzt books, especially the first trilogy were awesome! 10/10.

Dragonlance was good, but not at that level. Raistlin was bad ass!
11/23/09 6:26 PM
Meohfumado
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - 

Fixed.

lol...oh the braid-tugging in those books. Don't forget smoothing out the pleats in their skirts too.

I loved the way Jordan described combat, but he simply let that series drag on too long.

I mean...doing a prequel when he didn't finish the series yet was both lame and stupid! Dude did two tours in Nam, he was already on borrowed time! Should've finished it long ago (before the books that stopped pushing the story forward).

I stopped reading when the book started and ended with Perin's wife still being abducted. Seriously...it took more than one book to get the bitch back?
11/23/09 6:26 PM
Pretjah
823 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gravedigger - How did Sturm die.

True story. He was on a plane to New Mexico when all of the sudden the hydraulics went. The plane started spinning around, going out of control. So he decides it's all over and whips it out and starts beating it right there. So all the other passengers take a cue from him and they start whipping it out and beating like mad. So all the passengers are beating off, plummeting to their certain doom, when all of the sudden, the plane hits a mountain
11/23/09 6:27 PM
Entreri

Combat Vette - 
von niten -  Great books.  Right there with the first couple of Shannarra books.

Although the newer Shannarra books aren't the same caliber as the older ones, I thoroughly enjoy all of them.  Also, Robert Jordans 'Wheel of Time' series is truly amazing.  A step above the rest.

Jordan's first 3 books of the Wheel of Time = greatest fantasy trilogy ever imo.

But starting in book 7, the quality went down. Book 12 is out, but I haven't got the chance to read it. 2 more books and the series is over.
11/23/09 6:28 PM
Meohfumado
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gravedigger - I read Sword of Shannarra. GREAT book. I got the dragolance set used on ebay a few years ago, I havent gotten around to reading them yet. Maybe I should start. Damn the David Bowie casting was on point. Only one I didnt like was the Russell Crowe one.

Not a fan of anybody of the actual Shanarra line. Thought they were all lame characters.

But don't fuck with Allanon, dude will put a blue fireball up your arse!
11/23/09 6:29 PM
Entreri

^Same thing with the Shannaara books, the quality went downhill. The early books were great.
11/23/09 7:04 PM
DreamerMMA
567 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rupture Clothing, Reg. Marketing Rep.
Entreri - ^Same thing with the Shannaara books, the quality went downhill. The early books were great.

Yep, loved the early Shanara books.

How many of you are familiar with R.A. Salvatore's Demon Wars Saga?  Those were some excellent books but nothing will probably ever match his Dark Elf Trilogy. 

Salvatore has a way of describing a battle so well that you see every flash of a blade and every brilliant move and counter move.

It's like watching a brilliant MMA fight and fully understanding what is happening and why, but it's a sword battle or something.
11/23/09 7:24 PM
FLMikeATT

Watch the Dragonlance animated movie while high. It's fucking hilarious as hell.
11/23/09 7:25 PM
Meohfumado

FLMikeATT - Watch the Dragonlance animated movie while high. It's fucking hilarious as hell.

OMG that movie is so full of fail!
11/24/09 1:21 AM
Fightin_Chance
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - Garet Jax from "Wishsong of Shanara" was the baddest man in fantasy.

Gimme Stee Jans from Elfstones of Shannara....bad ass
11/24/09 6:12 AM
Waylay

DL Chronicles and Legends were the absolute bomb when I was 13. 
11/24/09 7:24 AM
The Elastic Assassin
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i DL'ed all of these plus 2 more on audio book:

Dragonlance Chronicles Volume 1 - Dragons of the Autumn Twilight
DragonLance - Chronicles 02 - Dragons of Winter Night
DragonLance - Chronicles 03 - Dragons of Spring Dawning
DragonLance - Chronicles 04 - Dragons of Summer Flame
DragonLance - Legends 1 - Time of the Twins
DragonLance - Legends 2 - War of the Twins
DragonLance - Legends 3 - Test of the Twins
DragonLance - Preludes 1 - Vol. 1 - Darkness and Light
DragonLance - Preludes 1 - Vol. 2 - Kendermore
DragonLance - Preludes 1 - Vol. 3 - Brothers Majere
DragonLance - Preludes 2 - Vol. 1 - Riverwind, The Plainsman
DragonLance - Preludes 2 - Vol. 2 - Flint, The King
DragonLance - Preludes 2 - Vol. 3 - Tanis, The Shadow Years
DragonLance - Raistlin Chronicles 1 - The Soulforge
DragonLance - Tales 1 - Vol 1 - The Magic of Krynn
DragonLance - Tales 1 - Vol 2 - Kender, Gully Dwarfs & Gnomes
DragonLance - Tales 1 - Vol 3 - Love and War
DragonLance - Tales 2 - Vol 1 - The Reign of Istar
DragonLance - Tales 2 - Vol 2 - The Cataclysm
DragonLance - Tales 2 - Vol 3 - The War of The Lance
11/24/09 8:11 AM
CavemanDave
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lord Soth approves of this thread

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.