UnderGround Forums

BookGround >> Anyone read the "Dragonlance" novels?

7/18/12 12:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Nitecrawler
2137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Thread necromancy LOL ;)
7/18/12 5:15 PM
waxwing slain
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the original 3 dragonlance novels, though not high literary fantasy, managed to tell an "epic" story in 3 easily digestible, memorable novels.

meanwhile, god bless them, erickson and GRRM ramble on like 8th grad girls who just got their period
7/21/12 2:46 PM
BaldTony
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Re-read the Twins Trilogy recently. They don't hold up particularly well as an adult, but they bring back such great memories and Raistlin is such a pimp it didn't matter.
10/24/12 3:51 PM
Nitecrawler
2137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
TTT!!!!
11/10/12 4:26 AM
DreamerMMA
626 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was more of a fan of R.A. Salvatores Forgotten Realms novels like the Dark Elf books.  Drizzt Do'Urden and his companions were awesome and Salvatore is amazing at building characters and dragging you into the thick of battle.

On a side note has anyone else played "Kingdoms of Alamar'? 

I picked it up on Xbox360.  The storyline was developed with help from R.A. Salvatore and so far it's a pretty decent game.  Similar to fable.

11/10/12 8:06 AM
gregbrady
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DreamerMMA - 

I was more of a fan of R.A. Salvatores Forgotten Realms novels like the Dark Elf books.  Drizzt Do'Urden and his companions were awesome and Salvatore is amazing at building characters and dragging you into the thick of battle.

On a side note has anyone else played "Kingdoms of Alamar'? 

I picked it up on Xbox360.  The storyline was developed with help from R.A. Salvatore and so far it's a pretty decent game.  Similar to fable.

I thought the dragonlance novels had a better story and better characters but Salvatore's novels were more like an action movie. nonstop scenes of drizzt hamstringing giants and the barbarian caving their skulls in with his hammer.
11/10/12 11:47 AM
amorphous
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I read the Twins trilogy when I was a kid in middle school and that they were fucking awesome. I really liked the time traveling that Raistlin did. I'll have to see if I enjoy them as much as I did.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.