UnderGround Forums

Michigan Underground >> fighter license

11/24/09 6:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
lenox01
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/24/09 6:08 PM

has anyone got a pro mma fighter license form the michigan unarmed combat commish yet? got the paper work with the info today.........man it a lot to do to obtain a license
11/24/09 8:14 PM
dom10
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

where do we get the paperwork from??
11/24/09 8:42 PM
BadBradBurrick

I haven't heard anything about it.
11/24/09 8:49 PM
BadBradBurrick

I found this

http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcsc/forms/ath/mmaapp.pdf
11/24/09 9:32 PM
lenox01

my wife talked to a guy at the state today his name is brett thelen his work phone is 517-241-8211 his e-mail is thelenb3@michigan.gov he was very helpful and faxed over all the paperwork (application w/requirements)

needed to obtain mma fighter license:
physical
eye exam
ct/brain scan (within last 3 years)

after all this is obtained you have to go in person to okemos to obtain license ($70) u get license and national id card
11/24/09 9:33 PM
lenox01

brad's link takes u to the application paperwork with the requirements
11/25/09 1:52 AM
dom10
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well ok then. i will now be accepting fight offers
11/25/09 9:04 AM
BadBradBurrick

lenox01 do you know if it is only certain Doctors can do the exams or is it anyone?
11/25/09 9:40 AM
Angelo Popofski
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I went to a walk in clinic for one exam I had to take a few years ago...it only asked for basic stuff though and the doctor was a jerk. I told her what it was for and she asked if I had 'ever' been knocked out. I said yes, once a few years before that fight, and she didn't want to clear me on the fact that I was knocked out once years prior. I will probably go to my doctor first this time and see how much she can do since she's a lot cooler. I'm sure we'll have to go somewhere specific for a CT scan.

Thanks for the link Brad. So let me get this straight...we print out the applicition and physical forms, get the appropriate test done and then take the completed forms to Okemos and pay to get the license? I'd hate to get all the way out there and be missing something.
11/25/09 10:21 AM
dennisv
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ Free clinic?
11/25/09 10:22 AM
BadBradBurrick

Well, they are requiring a good amount of testing that I'm not sure if my insurance will cover.  They probably won't if they find out what it is for.  I probably can't even afford to get a license right now.  I don't think the state understands how much we make a fight.
11/25/09 10:49 AM
Angelo Popofski
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol...."uhhh...yeeeeah, I went to free clinic for my UFC tests"

No, not a free clinic...When I didn't have a doctor I would go to one by my house to get my ear drained, or when I was sick. They didn't know shit. I had to tell them how to drain my ear. Probably why they turned out the way they did :(

Brad, I hear ya...can't wait to see how much all that is gonna cost. I'm thinking my insurance will cover it though.... I love my job! :)
11/25/09 11:23 AM
BadBradBurrick

The promotions should pay it since they the ones making the real money.
11/25/09 11:30 AM
Angelo Popofski

BadBradBurrick -  The promotions should pay it since they the ones making the real money.

haha...yeah, I'm sure that'll happen.
11/25/09 12:14 PM
dom10

some states have a deal worked out with clinics. we got ours done in new jersey, you can get all your medicals done for less than $100
11/25/09 12:19 PM
lenox01

Edited: 11/25/09 12:20 PM
BadBradBurrick -  lenox01 do you know if it is only certain Doctors can do the exams or is it anyone?

not sure but i was just gonna go to my primary phyisican

"So let me get this straight...we print out the applicition and physical forms, get the appropriate test done and then take the completed forms to Okemos and pay to get the license? I'd hate to get all the way out there and be missing something."

i would suggest calling the brett thelen form the state.(i posted number earlier in thsi thread).he was very helpful and also said that it would better to make an appointment with him before driving out there so he can make time to sit down with you

im lucky to have a job with good insurance so most of this stuff will be easy and at no cost except for the ct/brain mri or whatever im sure my insurance wont be paying to for that w/o a good reason...someone told me they cost about $1500
11/25/09 1:17 PM
Angelo Popofski

Thanks lenox...nice to know before I hopped in the car :) I wonder how long these licenses are good for? One year?
11/25/09 2:59 PM
BadBradBurrick

Usually a year is a license
12/2/09 4:59 PM
Rainmaker911

Medicals Required

Insurance will cover all of them. However, if you do not have insurance this is the prices that I have negotiated so far - I'm working on getting it lowered.

Bloodwork $168
CT $281
Eye exam $69
License $70
--------
Total $588

If you need more details, please contact me at the below info

Thx Matt 248-202-4662 matt@xcclive.com
12/2/09 9:23 PM
Angelo Popofski

TTT
12/3/09 6:31 PM
BadBradBurrick

I think they want an EKG and urine too.
12/11/09 10:58 AM
Angelo Popofski

Went to the doctor yesterday to get the tests run. Physical, EKG, Urine and blood work all cost me $5 with my insurance co-pay :) Doctor got my CT brain scan ordered and will 99.9% likely be covered by my insurance as well. All I have left to do is get my eyes checked. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would all be...
12/11/09 11:16 AM
BadBradBurrick

I'm the first licensed fighter as of today.
12/11/09 11:37 AM
BigMike77
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice job Brad!

It's nice to see Michigan get it's head out of it's ass and get a great sport moving forward. Matt has had a lot to do with making MMA sanctioned and legal here in Michigan. Great Job Matt!!!

Has anyone heard about officials? Ref's?, Judges?, Timekeeper?  Is the state licensing them as well or does the promoter chose and the state gives a license the night of the event?
12/11/09 12:06 PM
mortician
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will be the judge at any event I will be just like cecil peoples.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.