UnderGround Forums

Michigan Underground >> fighter license

12/21/09 6:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Angelo Popofski
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brad... Do you have the actual license yet?
12/21/09 8:48 PM
Angelo Popofski
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/21/09 9:41 PM
Double post.
12/21/09 9:48 PM
BadBradBurrick
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Angelo Popofski - Brad... Do you have the actual license yet?

Yeah, you get a card with your picture on it and later in the mail you get certificate with another cut out card.  You guys need to hurry up!
12/21/09 11:01 PM
lenox01

thx bean

went there today turned on all my paperwork got a reciept but didnt get a card or anything, they said they would mail it.....they were really nice but it seemed like they didnt know what they were doing.......they forgot to take a pic until i asked them about it
12/22/09 7:48 AM
Angelo Popofski

Lenox, who did you talk to? I called Brett Thelens number and it said it was no longer in use?? He was supposed to be the contact guy for all this.
12/22/09 7:58 AM
BadBradBurrick

lenox01 - thx bean

went there today turned on all my paperwork got a reciept but didnt get a card or anything, they said they would mail it.....they were really nice but it seemed like they didnt know what they were doing.......they forgot to take a pic until i asked them about it
I did everything through Brett when I was there a couple weeks ago.  At the time he said he wouldn't be in the office when I called him the following week.  I don't know if that meant he was going on vacation or leaving.  He told me to call him in the future for any questions so I'm guessing hopefully vacation.  I did have to show my receipt to him as proof of payment.  Make sure you guys keep up on them so you can get your stuff in time. 
12/22/09 10:21 AM
lenox01

Angelo Popofski - Lenox, who did you talk to? I called Brett Thelens number and it said it was no longer in use?? He was supposed to be the contact guy for all this.

yeah i called and e mailed brett a few times last weeek but got no response......i just called the phone number on the application form (licensing dept..) and they connected me to a female but i dont remember her name
12/22/09 9:48 PM
Angelo Popofski

lenox01 - 
Angelo Popofski - Lenox, who did you talk to? I called Brett Thelens number and it said it was no longer in use?? He was supposed to be the contact guy for all this.

yeah i called and e mailed brett a few times last weeek but got no response......i just called the phone number on the application form (licensing dept..) and they connected me to a female but i dont remember her name

Oh, ok...I didn't see the number on the form, I'll check it out tomorrow. Turns out there was some "possible" abnormality found on my CT scan, so now I have to go get an MRI before the doc clears me. My wife is a doctor and says it's a bs 'incidental find' for something I showed no symptoms of, and basically they know they can get an extra grand out of my insurance for the MRI. Jerks. Damn, this is getting to be a pain.
12/22/09 9:58 PM
BadBradBurrick

Angelo Popofski - 
lenox01 - 

Oh, ok...I didn't see the number on the form, I'll check it out tomorrow. Turns out there was some "possible" abnormality found on my CT scan, so now I have to go get an MRI before the doc clears me. My wife is a doctor and says it's a bs 'incidental find' for something I showed no symptoms of, and basically they know they can get an extra grand out of my insurance for the MRI. Jerks. Damn, this is getting to be a pain.
Oh my, I didn't mean to hit you that hard. lol

12/22/09 10:29 PM
TheBean

I hope you all get them in time. I am looking forward to this card.
12/23/09 5:42 PM
Damon Peterson

does anyone know where to get the ct/mri brain scan done at.
12/23/09 10:20 PM
lenox01

i got mine done at a place called HARPER METRO it in clinton twp 586 791 5565
12/24/09 10:02 AM
BadBradBurrick

TheBean  - I hope you all get them in time. I am looking forward to this card.

Not looking good I'm still the only one licensed.  After Christmas you guys need to hustle.  It took me four visits total so it wasn't bad at all.  One to the doctor, to the hospital for CT, the eye doctor, and then the state.  If you don't include the drive time it was only about 4 hours of my time total.

https://www2.dleg.state.mi.us/colaLicVerify/lCityCounty.jsp
12/24/09 10:22 AM
Angelo Popofski

I won't be able to get to the state until after new year's. I have all the tests done at least.
12/24/09 12:16 PM
Khillah
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the info guys, going to apply as soon as I get copies of my head MRI from the UFC... Pro show promoters, please contact me with fight offers, should be licensed in MI as of Monday next week. Would love to fight back home for the first time!

Amir Khillah
155er, 6-4, manager: Jeremy Horn, amir@lightningkicks.com, www.khillah.com

thank you
1/7/10 2:15 PM
Damon Peterson

Angelo,
you say linda is the contact for state not brett anymore, thx
1/7/10 7:47 PM
Angelo Popofski

Yep. Bretts not there from what I can tell. Ask for Linda Douglas. She collects all the paper work, makes sure it's all in order and takes it to the comissioner for approval. She's really good at getting back to phone calls and emails too.
1/8/10 9:42 AM
Damon Peterson

thx bros,
this should be really quick going to okemos today, already have my national mma card from ohio in september . let you know how fast it takes.
1/8/10 10:06 AM
Angelo Popofski

Good luck...drive safe!
1/23/10 1:55 AM
Damon Peterson

angelo, decided I want to get the ammy 185 belt b4 I turn pro, 8 ammy fights aren't enuff for me, so matt will see my hairy black ass face all the time after feb. 12 this weight cut is brutal I was 225 to start 203 this morning.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.