UnderGround Forums

Australasia UnderGround >> New 10th Planet Promotions!!

11/24/09 10:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mr Dooley
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A big congratulations to Sensei Frank Barca for being promoted by Eddie Bravo to purple belt (the first in Australia) and to Josh Pecastaing on being awarded his blue belt by Eddie Bravo also.

Both have been working EXTREMELY hard to push themselves up to the next level and have done a brilliant job over the course of the journey so far.

So once again, congrats guys!!
11/24/09 11:45 PM
BenBJJ
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this in the gi? 'Belt'?
11/25/09 2:26 AM
RobMcICS
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great work Frank (and Josh), I bet you stir some shit up in the comps now he he he.
11/25/09 8:45 AM
BenBJJ
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well Ari's a purple and a head instructor (Canada) in eddies system and has hundreds of videos online for you to watch and learn... he went direct to white belt in the brazilian jiu jitsu system.
11/25/09 7:23 PM
byron2001

RobMcICS - great work Frank (and Josh), I bet you stir some shit up in the comps now he he he.

?? what are u referring to?
11/26/09 12:21 AM
RobMcICS

well, he copped a lot of crap at this years pan pacs, now he will be up against the purples. god forbid he should actually win the whole thing or win a few fights. what will they say then ...

that was what I was refering to :)

I know Frank is keen to match up with a couple of purples that have put shit on him on this and other forums so it will be very interesting
11/26/09 1:17 AM
AlexGilmour

RobMcICS - well, he copped a lot of crap at this years pan pacs, now he will be up against the purples. god forbid he should actually win the whole thing or win a few fights. what will they say then ...

I know Frank is keen to match up with a couple of purples that have put shit on him on this and other forums so it will be very interesting

Wait, didn't he lose his first fight in the blue belt division? I may be wrong though..
11/26/09 2:07 AM
RobMcICS

could have, either way it will cause a stir which was my intended point.
11/26/09 4:25 AM
BenBJJ

Ok, I think there are some ROOTS guys at the same weight that want to see what Frankie has got.

BRING IT.
11/26/09 5:38 PM
RobMcICS

"oh it has already been brung"

see, it has stirred you already benbjj he he he. win lose or draw, I am sure Frank will be going for sub after sub after sub and it will cool to watch and interesting to see how the 10th Planet JJ stands up to the higher level players.

are there many bjj purples around oz at that lighter weight?
11/26/09 5:41 PM
BenBJJ

I think you just got double reverse stirred, he he he.
11/26/09 6:37 PM
byron2001

RobMcCIS.. declaring that he's going to 'stir' things up at comps isn't going to make life any easier for him in terms of copping crap at comps. Just let the guy compete, and let the results do the talking.
11/26/09 6:42 PM
BenBJJ

Nope, I really think he will stir things up at all the comps and tap everyone with ease. He will show everyone up as studying an inferior system.
11/26/09 9:22 PM
blakGSR
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty soft of Frank's students getting on here and trying to stir people up. What does Frank think about this? Whenever I have seen Frank post he has been humble and respectful.
11/26/09 10:25 PM
RobMcICS

I am not Frank's student, just a "fan" of his and in fact I am a student of Daniel Lima's - I just like learning off anyone who has something to teach me. BenBJJ, don't you think it is just great to have another group adding to the growth of our awesome sport in oz?

Frank might have a team of 5, 10 or even 20 for next years nationals or pan pacs - regardless of his affiliation or rank, isn't that a good thing?
11/26/09 10:32 PM
Hodgeny
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ok, i'm not going to say anything detramental to anyone on this forum, because i haven't met most of you. however ... i find it kinda insulting that a person can be graded to purple belt in "jiu-jitsu" and not have the knowledge on how to do a collar choke correctly (and don't tell me he knows how to do it, but just doesn't train in a gi, most white belt students know to do it too, just not to purple belt level).

there is more to a jiu-jitsu grade than just rolling on the floor; training only in "no gi" is therefore not training "all of jiu-jitsu" and to get a purple/brown/black belt in "no gi jiu-jitsu" is really only getting a belt in about 1/3 of the techniques.

my $0.02
11/26/09 10:35 PM
BenBJJ

Of course Hodgeny is correct.

Also, loop chokes are fun! You guys are missing out on 2/3 the fun of BJJ!
11/27/09 12:30 AM
RobMcICS

still what ever we all think, an excellent achievement for Frank so well done mate.
11/27/09 1:05 AM
BenBJJ

But is it? Ari got his and by all accounts he was shithouse.
11/27/09 2:27 AM
RobMcICS

excuse my ignorance, but who is Ari? do you have any footage of his rolling/competing?
11/27/09 6:59 PM
BlackKat

AlexGilmour - 
RobMcICS - well, he copped a lot of crap at this years pan pacs, now he will be up against the purples. god forbid he should actually win the whole thing or win a few fights. what will they say then ...

Wait, didn't he lose his first fight in the blue belt division? I may be wrong though..

Wait, didn't he win silver in the masters blue belt open division?
11/27/09 7:07 PM
BlackKat

Hodgeny - ok, i'm not going to say anything detramental to anyone on this forum, because i haven't met most of you. however ... i find it kinda insulting that a person can be graded to purple belt in "jiu-jitsu" and not have the knowledge on how to do a collar choke correctly (and don't tell me he knows how to do it, but just doesn't train in a gi, most white belt students know to do it too, just not to purple belt level).

there is more to a jiu-jitsu grade than just rolling on the floor; training only in "no gi" is therefore not training "all of jiu-jitsu" and to get a purple/brown/black belt in "no gi jiu-jitsu" is really only getting a belt in about 1/3 of the techniques.

my $0.02

So does that mean that you're also only getting a certain percentage of techniques because you're not doing "no gi"? Or are you actually doing "all of jiu-jitsu", gi and no gi?
11/27/09 7:17 PM
BlackKat

BenBJJ - But is it? Ari got his and by all accounts he was shithouse.

So are you saying that every purple belt in bjj is awesome? I find it truly amazing how soooo many people on these forums just love to concentrate on the negative. Whatever happened to just training hard and learning and appreciating fellow trainers, regardless of what style, system or art they do?
11/28/09 5:53 AM
walbjj
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BlackKat - 
AlexGilmour - 

Wait, didn't he win silver in the masters blue belt open division?

blackkat, most bjj gi guys train a combination of gi and no gi, albeit the majority of classes r gi, at our academy we have 1 day a week that is no gi. some academies train no gi exclusively during summer months, and then cut back to 1 or 2 days no gi to coincide with their normal gi classes.
so in that instance, yes, we r doing ALL of jiu jitsu as its supposed to be.
as far as ari being shithouse, or purple belts being awesome, u r correct, there are many shades of purple belts, however, ari had no real excuses for being as poorly skilled as he evidently was. he is relatively young, isnt morbidly obese, and has trained in many martial arts for "most" of his life. he should have displayed better skills than he did.
anyway, it will be interesting to see how the 10thpbjj guys do in the upcoming tourneys
11/28/09 11:33 AM
BenBJJ

Ok, hypothetically speaking...

GO FUCK YOURSELVES YOU BUNCH OF HOMO FUKIN EDDIE BRAVO FAGGITS!!!!!

YES, I MEAN YOU FRANK AND YOUR LYCRA-CLAD HOMO TRANSFORMERS!!!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.