UnderGround Forums

Michigan Underground >> Michigan's 1st Pro MMA Event

1/19/10 3:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Damon Peterson
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

angelo please teach brad to block his neck, you are a almighty bjj black belt. lol
1/19/10 3:15 PM
Damon Peterson

his nose was fucked up bad, harley kara and steve needed an umbrella from the blood splatter.
1/19/10 3:20 PM
Samuraidog

For Don to be busted up that bad and still pull out a win is a real testament to how tough he is. What a Warrior!

I've got mad respect for all you guys.
1/19/10 5:03 PM
Angelo Popofski
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/19/10 7:33 PM
Yeah, Don fighting through that is all heart on his part. Let's you know what you are really made of when you find yourself in that situation. I always knew Don was a true fighter, but Saturday should leave no doubt in anyone's mind.
1/19/10 6:48 PM
BadBradBurrick

Angelo Popofski - Yeah, Don fighting through that is all heart on his part. Let's you know what you are really made of when you find yourself in that situation. I always Don was a true fighter, but Saturday should leave no doubt in anyone's mind.

Agreed!
1/19/10 10:40 PM
Damon Peterson

brad angelo you are all officially famous now especially don on sherdog front page. can I  have an autograph.lol
1/19/10 10:53 PM
miman

Come on guys - The show was BULLSHIT - They had guys in there like Gott and the guys myles & Chad fought that where a fucking joke. 9 fights and the show was 4 hours long...
1/20/10 1:44 AM
DR1
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the kind words and for your concern. My nose looks pretty straight just have alot of healing up to do. I will be back and better than ever and hopefully i wont walk in to a left hook next time.
1/20/10 8:11 AM
BadBradBurrick

miman - Come on guys - The show was BULLSHIT - They had guys in there like Gott and the guys myles & Chad fought that where a fucking joke. 9 fights and the show was 4 hours long...
Well, I do agree they need to speed the event up or have me fight first.  lol  That is one of the compliants I heard from people that went.  That is something that can be worked on now that the first one is done.   
1/20/10 11:15 AM
Angelo Popofski
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/20/10 12:24 PM
BadBradBurrick - 
miman - Come on guys - The show was BULLSHIT - They had guys in there like Gott and the guys myles & Chad fought that where a fucking joke. 9 fights and the show was 4 hours long...
Well, I do agree they need to speed the event up or have me fight first.  lol  That is one of the compliants I heard from people that went.  That is something that can be worked on now that the first one is done.   

The problem with that was they were doing the post fight medical checks right there at the cage as soon as we got out...the next fight couldn't start until the fighters from the previous match were checked and signed off...seems like they could do that backstage to save time?? As far as some of the competitors, there were a few 24-48 hour last minute changes. Stuff happens, and Matt tried to keep the show full of fights.
1/20/10 11:19 AM
Angelo Popofski

Damon Peterson -  brad angelo you are all officially famous now especially don on sherdog front page. can I  have an autograph.lol

What was on Sherdog?? I didn't see anything??
1/20/10 2:29 PM
Damon Peterson

THE article from the sunday free press with a pic of "pretty don richards" new nickname I gave you, and chucky mady getting frequent flyer miles from bo.  and talked about brad burrick, caleb,  angelo,  brad johnson don, ray. was on the sherdog front page bottom section tuesday.
1/20/10 2:31 PM
Damon Peterson

michigan's first pro sanctioned mma event.
1/20/10 2:46 PM
Angelo Popofski

Oh, okay...they just re-posted the same article? I'll look for it again.

LOL @ "Pretty" Don Richard... I like that :)
1/20/10 3:20 PM
JakeShort

Edited: 01/20/10 4:56 PM
It was the first pro show.. so of course it will get better with time.. There are so many quality fights that can now be made. Hopefully i can be part of those very soon
What i have noticed is noone really said to much about Caleb beating Brad... Thats huge win for him..especially in his second pro fight..stopping the reighning KOTC champ in the 1st round.. very impressive...not to take anything away from Brad.. but Caleb has a huge future ahead of him for sure
1/20/10 4:04 PM
Damon Peterson

it's on my facebook wall i'll send it to mma.com if i can
1/20/10 4:25 PM
Damon Peterson

langbeen saw it on my wall
1/20/10 8:34 PM
PAC MAN

yeah the show was slow and had a few other speed bumps but props to matt for making the show happen and finding people fights on short notice..i know he had to do a lot to get everyone licensed and deal with the state......im sure that all the kinks will be worked out as more pro shows happen

i just wanted to say it was an honor to make my pro debut on this card since it was the first one and there were so many pros that i have watched fight for a while in shows like kotc. Guys like brad, don, angelo and myles have always set a good example acting like professionals both in and out of the cage.
1/21/10 12:32 AM
PAC MAN

Edited: 01/21/10 12:32 AM
1/21/10 9:02 AM
Angelo Popofski

Thanks Pac Man...that means alot to me, I appreciate the kind words.
1/21/10 10:11 AM
TheBean

Hey Angelo my brother said he heard someone say that the winner of your fight and the winner of Brad and Caleb would fight for the belt. Is that true? If so that will be a good fight one I would love to see.
1/21/10 10:26 AM
Angelo Popofski

TheBean  - Hey Angelo my brother said he heard someone say that the winner of your fight and the winner of Brad and Caleb would fight for the belt. Is that true? If so that will be a good fight one I would love to see.

Not sure if I'm at liberty to say anything yet... :)
1/21/10 11:45 AM
TheBean

I would like to see the guys from Mi fight some out of state guys as well. Brad and Jay Massey comes to mind they fought a few years back it was a hell of a fight, that got cut short due to a head butt from Jay that cut his head bad. They talked about doing it again, Matt you should make that one happen. Also Kyle Gibbins would be a good fight for Ben Lagman they are both tall 185 lbs he is from Mi but now lives in IN. That would be a hell of a fight as well. Lets see the MI guys fight some good fighter from OH and IN, stop betting up on each other.
1/21/10 1:17 PM
DaveGarcia
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Angelo Popofski - 
TheBean  - Hey Angelo my brother said he heard someone say that the winner of your fight and the winner of Brad and Caleb would fight for the belt. Is that true? If so that will be a good fight one I would love to see.

Not sure if I'm at liberty to say anything yet... :)
You just did. That should be a great fight. I've never seen Caleb fight, but he obviously has a bright future.

1/21/10 1:22 PM
Angelo Popofski

Did not...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.